Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you thankful for after WLS?

What are you thankful for after having WLS?

· The first thing I am so thankful for is Dr. Aceves. There aren’t enough adjectives to describe this wonderful gifted doctor who did my surgery. :D

· I still am shocked when someone calls me skinny—I thought who me skinny no way? But, it was me they were calling skinny.

· I am so thankful for my great healthy.:lol:

· The best part of about this weight loss surgery is that I NEVER feel hungry. I have to remind myself to eat.

· Hold on to your hats because this is going to be the ride of your life.

· I know I will never be fat again in my life.:rolleyes: I thanked Dr. Aceves for what he did for me and he said “I only gave you the tool to achieve your Weight Loss, give yourself the credit for making it work.” I still want to say Dr. Aceves you are the BEST!

· I take only about 10% of the meds that I used to take before WLS.

· I love walking in to any clothing store and knowing I can buy clothes that will fit me.:wub:

· My family is so proud of me for doing this.:angel_smile:

· When someone doesn’t recognize me because I have lost 105 pounds!!!I love it when then figure out who I am—then they have a million questions for me as to how did I lose the weight.

· After 2 ½ years to have people say WOW you still look great and have not gained anything back

· Most of all being able to support new people who are thinking about WLS and telling them about my journey and answering their questions. Talking with them about their fears. And then seeing them have great success like I have had :heart: :cheer2: .

Good topic Suzanne

I'm thankful -

- to my husband for giving me this chance to restart my life.

- To the internet for finding this site and all the support I got pre and post op, information etc

- To my surgeon and his team for the operation and support they have given me throughout

The list could be endless... but those are the main ones for me.

Getting my life back . . . I was so miserable before.

Having the ability to move athletically which I haven't done for over 20 years.

Being happy in my own skin :)

Good topic Suzanne

I'm thankful -

- to my husband for giving me this chance to restart my life.

- To the internet for finding this site and all the support I got pre and post op, information etc

- To my surgeon and his team for the operation and support they have given me throughout

The list could be endless... but those are the main ones for me.

Hi,

All VERY important things to be thankful for. Itsn't it amazing at how much our lives have changed? I loved the picture of the cat. I had a white cat just like that one for about 12 years.....cute picture.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Getting my life back . . . I was so miserable before.

Having the ability to move athletically which I haven't done for over 20 years.

Being happy in my own skin :)

Hi Julie,

I Loved the being happy in "your own skin." Me too. It just keeps getting better and you keep getting stronger. You have done an amazing job, just keep going.

Hugs,

Suzanne

I'm thankful for...

my new chance at life. This has really been an eye opening experience. And, I am so thankful.

feeling my age. I'm only 24 but I have always felt older. I can do things that are normal for my age!

For my family/friends supporting me.

Being comfortable with self as a person.

Feeling beautiful.

I seriously could go on and on.

I'm only a little bit more than a week out, but I am thankful for:

-the opportunity to have WLS and that this particular procedure is out there for folks like myself

-thankful for my wonderful surgeon and her staff

-thankful for the support of the people that I have told about my WLS and my journey

-and I'm so very thankful for the opportunity to begin living a full life. I look forward to doing fun and exciting thins such as kayaking, hiking, white Water rafting, having kids!!!, trying on pretty clothes etc. I can't wait to be healthier

I'm thankful for...

my new chance at life. This has really been an eye opening experience. And, I am so thankful.

feeling my age. I'm only 24 but I have always felt older. I can do things that are normal for my age!

For my family/friends supporting me.

Being comfortable with self as a person.

Feeling beautiful.

I seriously could go on and on.

How great to do this for yourself when you are 24. You have added so many years to the rest of your life. You are going to have so much fun doing all the things you want to do. You are amazing. Just keep doing what feels good and right for you.

Hugs,

Suzanne

I'm only a little bit more than a week out, but I am thankful for:

-the opportunity to have WLS and that this particular procedure is out there for folks like myself

-thankful for my wonderful surgeon and her staff

-thankful for the support of the people that I have told about my WLS and my journey

-and I'm so very thankful for the opportunity to begin living a full life. I look forward to doing fun and exciting thins such as kayaking, hiking, white Water rafting, having kids!!!, trying on pretty clothes etc. I can't wait to be healthier

Nothing wrong at all with all the things that you want to do--and you will be able to do ALL of them if you want. Just keep your goal and it will all fall into place. Keep me posted to how you are doing. If you have questions or want to talk about things, I am always just an E-mail away.

Yeah for you for doing this for yourself.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Simply, I am thankful for getting my health and fitness back. I still have a fair amount of 'fat' on my body but underneath that is a lot of strong muscle and that feels good!

I'm loving this thread! Keep the posts coming :) I have not had WLS yet. I love reading inspiring stories. Thanks guys!

Simply, I am thankful for getting my health and fitness back. I still have a fair amount of 'fat' on my body but underneath that is a lot of strong muscle and that feels good!

Hi,

GREAT answers. We did this one day at a time,, but having my health back was the most important for me. I found out there were so many more things that I felt like doing once I was healthy again.:lol: :lol: :lol::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Take care,

Suzanne

I'm loving this thread! Keep the posts coming :) I have not had WLS yet. I love reading inspiring stories. Thanks guys!

Gee thank you,

I want you to know that I am happy that my post are working for you. :unsure: If I can make a suggestion to you please. Do you know who you are having for your doctor yet?

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Aceves. :kiss: I have all kinds of information, and can talk with you and answer ALL your questions about sleeve surgery and tell you the good and the bad parts of it.:omg_smile:

For me I wanted the very best doctor I could find for this surgery, and did a ton of research. Dr. Aceves's name just kept coming up over and over. I have to tell you he is EVERYTHING plus a who lot more when it comes to someone with skills, talent and a caring doctor. :star: :star: :star: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Stay in touch and in the mean time, I will keep posting for you.

Hugs,

Suzanne

The things I like the best are being able to tie my shoes without having to pull my feet up by my pantleg, the feeling my body has after showering after a good workout, Not having to take meds, not having to take my blood glucose every day. Not having to pay a gardener to mow my lawn, looking down and seeing a penis. Having limitless energy, Fitting in the shower of my RV with room to spare, my Harley handling a lot better and going a lot faster. Looking at the looks on peoples faces when I show them my ID and they ask, " is that really you?" My pcp telling me we can uncheck the Diabetes, Hypertension and Obesity boxes on my medical chart. Buying off the rack clothes that actually fit right, packing for a trip and having extra room because my clothes take up so much less room. Size small underwear. Sexual function and stamina . The list goes on and on. BTW, I am also shocked when someone calls me a small guy or thin. In my head I am always going to be the fat guy.

for the first time in my life i feel like i'm in control of my body now, rather than it controlling me.