Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

I have been converted, saved and banded. LOL hahaha

I feel great now, the port area is a little sore but no pain meds. The first two days was HELL but the 3rd day I was about 96% better. I love how I am feeling and can't wait to have the weight melt off.

I am down 15 lbs since Monday but I will update my weight after I meet with my Doc to confirm my weight loss.

I hope everyone is doing great and all those that are being banded this month, just be ready and make sure you pre-pare all your foods before hand... It definitely helps.

Well, I am going to bed. Bye

Diva Girl (nice name btw! LOL!) is right about Isopure clear zero carb in the glass bottle-Its all I drank the first 2 days and its got 40 grams of Protein in a bottle.

I also cleaned myself out pre-surgery. My doc did not order this but based on what I read on this board and the fact that it certainly could not hurt -I was on full liquids for 3 days before and the night before I did a Fleet enema. (not quite as explosive). I have had a slight lower backache but no gas pain at all - none. And my husband said I looked like I was pregnant with twins when he saw me in recovery.

Remember this is a suggestion and not doc ordered.

Also-

Anyone experiencing any dry heaves or nausea call your doc asap!!!! no kidding around. immediatly even if it is the middle of the night-call your doc The last thing you want to do is vomit-the very last thing. Call your doc!

And btw just my humble opinion but when you have major surgery the last thing you should drink is wine when you are on a liquid diet. You could harm yourself esp if you are taking pain meds like percocet. You will be kind of weak and may be light headed. Couple that with wine and you could put yourself at some risk.

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!

:sick My surgeon was Dr Mumford, Mississauga, Ont. 3rd day post op. I still have pain but getting better everyday. Good Luck!!!

Hi everyone, it sounds like the group is doing well with surgery, recovery, and weight loss -- Wow, Robin, you are really doing fantastic -- exercising already and you've lost a lot of weight! Good for you.

I feel like I have literally started a new life. I am thinking differently about food, though I must admit that as I heal and notice that I am not feeling as full as I did when I was swelling more from surgery, I know that the next few weeks before a fill will probably become more challenging. I've managed to stay away from bread and associated foods completely and not missed them at all. I still struggle with my addiction to sugar and probably always will. I am still eating mushy food mostly, but have "tested the waters" a couple of times with a small piece of brisket - very tender and I chewed it well. I know I'm supposed to be staying completely on mushies, but it smelled so good! I tolerated it fine.

So, now the hard work begins. But, it is exciting and I have hope. And, in less than 2 weeks, I can pick up my son again! Prayers to everyone with surgery coming up and kudos to those who are doing awesome post-op.

Jessica

Hello all,

I was banded on Monday, Aug 14th. I was happily surprised how good I felt coming out of surgery. I have not had the strength as quickly as I thought I would though. Also, I tried to drink some apple juice on day three and having taken a laxative, the two make me feel horrible and irratated and very nauseaus. But not as day five begins, I can say I think I will make it. I feel a bit of tenderness around the port, which is to be expected. I feel very tired, and can't do near as much as I would like to, but I wondered if any of you felt any discomfort when you took deep breaths those first several days. Also, any suggestions for more variety on the liquid menu?

Banded Aug 14 240lbs

Post surgery 230lbs

Goal 160lbs

Jgordo17-

Hey!! Yes I still have tenderness in my port area --I'm 7 days out!!They say it will get better!!! I hoping!! I do not drink any juice!! I am living off of Propel!! flavored water is great too!! At night I have some skim milk for a snack! Hope this helps!!

Serendipity, :)

Good luck next Tuesday! I still have a week and a half and I am so anxious, giddy and nervous all the time. LOL. but in a good happy way.

Grats to GotBlock21, Wheezy, jgordo17 and Allie C! :clap2:

for being banded recently! Its great to hear that you are fine and doing well. Thanks again for all of the feedback. My Dr. is not as strict as most and I too have added some extra restrictions on myself to get me prepared! I am going to start liquids only one week before surgery even though my Dr. only requires 2 days.

Jessica aka ClaritySeeker

Grats to you too! You, me and Robin have the same Dr and similar numbers and all being banded this month. :)

12 days until surgery wooo hooo!

Serendipity, :)

Grats to you too! You, me and Robin have the same Dr and similar numbers and all being banded this month. :)

12 days until surgery wooo hooo!

Dr. Spivak is my Dr. too! It's great that we all have support out there!

I was banded 8/7/06 and am feeling so good! The only word that I can think of is that I don't feel as "toxic". :clap2: Good luck to us all!

Hi fellow Augusters.

I'm on day 1 of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet, and all I can say is that it's gonna be a loooonnnngggg two weeks.:faint:

Started today with our summer BBQ at work. I snuck out and went shopping at lunchtime, I knew I couldn't be around all that yummy food. Bought my Isopure Protein Drinks, Gas-X strips and Icy-Hot Patches for post-surgery. And a really cool pair of brown pants that are a size too small, a reward for commiting to the two-week pre-diet...:)

Dr. Spivak is my Dr. too!

Nice jekbird! great to hear that you are feeling great and less toxic is a great description. LOL. btw, are you gonna put up your stats?

Lisah,

I went shopping the other day at lunch too when everyone went out for mexican food. I had a great time reading labels and buying items that I am going to need pre and post surgery. tee hee, shopping is the best part! Good job on not giving in and eating the BBQ. :clap2:

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm banded and am home now. My surgery was at 6:30 yesterday morning. Was pretty groggy and sleepy with the morphine (good stuff :) ). They kept me overnight....I was quite nauseaus last night and this morning, but came home this afternoon. I feel pretty good. Just quite tired and very tender on my left side. I'm sure it will pass. Feels good to have the surgery over and can't wait to start losing.

Good luck to all those getting banded the last 1/2 of the month!!!

I'm so glad I found the "August" bandsters!! I'm joing the band next Thursday, Aug. 24. I'm SOOO excited!! I only took 2 days off (Thursday and Friday). I so hope I'm ready to go back to work on Monday. I'm an assistant principal at a high school, so I can kinda sit as I need to. Did anyone else go back to work that soon???

I was banded this past Monday and "closed" with superglue and steri-strips. I was told the steri-strips would fall off on their own. One of them is half way off already. Is this too soon? Should I keep it covered with a band-aid so it doesn't come off yet?

I saw my doc 6 days out and still had a couple steristrips on..he was like "oh, you can pull those off"...I have glue and steri-strips too and everything was cool.