Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

Hey ya'll,

I am 5 days out (banded by Dr. Spivak on 08/07/06) and doing pretty well. I was also wondering about the liquid diet. Dr. Spivak said only 24-48 hours and then soft but I guess I'm a wuss because I just don't want to overdue it if you know what I mean. I am so glad that ya'll are hear to "talk" to. My DH is the best! He originally planned to stay home just the day of surgery with me but I was in so much pain that he called work and told them I was his priority! If that didn't make me feel like I was being treated like a queen I don't know what will (my DH is a police officer and a work-a-holic)! Well good luck to all of us. I'm going to try to get some sleep now.:notagree

Caroline-glad to see another Boston bander!

Today is 10 days out and what a difference! I doing fine with liquid extra strength tylenol. But I still have a lot of percocet left (I took a half of one the night before and that was the end of that).

I never had any gas pain except for a chronic lower back ache not really pain. I can't tell you why no gas pain except that I did an enema (maybe too much info LOL) the night before. This was not something my doc asked me to do. But after reading all the threads I could here on LBT since Feb. I just gave it a shot. It certainly couldn't hurt and at the very least would help with Constipation.< /p>

I have my doc follow up apt this week and I'll ask about the gas pain.

I still get tired much more quickly than before-a combo of the anasthesia, the physical trauma of surgery and not much food.< /p>

I took all last week off and am going back to a desk job tomorrow. I am very glad I took the whole week.

It is very wierd about the different food requirements-and kind of annoying. I had 2 days of Clear Liquids and now have 2-3 weeks of "full" liquids (CIB's, slim fasts) which includes cream Soups with no fat milk or Water, scrambled eggs, Jello, puddings and cottage cheese. I really really want to chew something. eeeek!!!

Of course I am swollen and not filled but the band is working, I am most def "full". We'll see what happens after I graduate to real food again.

The Protein requirement is the hardest. I can't say enough about Isopure clear zero carb drinks, comes in a glass bottle and has 40 grams of protein with potassium. I sip it all day long like crystal light. In fact I took my pain pills with it and sipped on it the very first day coming home from the hospital.

Love and luck and easy surgery to you all!!!!!!

We can do this because we are the August bandster club!

Hey Everybody, I haven't been on in a while but tomorrow morning at 6 am I am going into my lapband surgery. I am a little freaked out but excited. I am just nervous.

I don't know what to expect!!!!! Well, I hope everything going ok.

I will write back to everyone on Tuesday or Wednesday to let you guys know how I am doing.

Wish Me Luck and say a prayer for me tomorrow morning.

Ciao

Good Luck Glock!

Well, today I had some cream of Tomato Soup. Its the first day I have really felt normal since weds..Still taking meds for shoulder pain, but thats about it! Hope everyone is recovering well!!

Well, tomorrow it will be a week since I was banded. I am 14 pounds down from my pre-op visit!!! And I'm off pain meds. I'm still a little tired, and this liquid diet is getting old. I feel as though I could eat anything. For dinner, DH had a steak and I had some fancy mushroom Soup from the deli, diluted with skim milk and blended. It was ok. I'm not hungry. I'll go back to work tomorrow...

SO FAR, SO GOOD!

Well,

I have settled into mushy, soft food and am doing fine. No gas, belching or pain today whatsoever. For Breakfast I had a nutritional liquid supplement with Unjury, for lunch I ate a very small amount of hamburger meat, about 1/2 hot dog (no bread), and some baked Beans, some soft cheese, and for dinner another nutritional supplement with Unjury. Lots of Water throughout the day to stay hydrated. I find I still have to sip a little water during meals. Old habits die hard. Very little hunger all day.

I am discovering a different type of dining experience - eating no longer brings enjoyment. There is the initial thrill when the object hits my mouth - the taste is wonderful, but when you have to chew it 30 times, the thrill diminishes by the time you swallow it! I wait 20-30 seconds and take a second bite and go through the process again. Soon I am full and almost bored with the process. Eating is an act to give my body energy, but there is no high, no blood pressure rush, no thrill that comes from the tasting or swallowing. I stop to talk now during my meals which I never did before. As I talk, I notice that everyone around me is scarfing down their food at record pace! I notice who takes a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, even 5th cookie. Do we all realize how much we really consume? I feel like the car that sits idly as I fill up the tank with gas. Did I really live for that rush that eating gave me?

Well, my day has finally come. It seemed so far away a month ago, yet it crept upon me very fast. I am scared, but excited. Today is my husbands birthday, so I guess in a way we will both be able to Celebrate "birthdays" together from now on.

Good luck to all being banded this week and I hope everyone that has been banded this month is feeling better.

Until later...

Good luck to those being banded! We're here for you when you get back. Let us know how it went!

I'm a week and a half out now. 11 days!!! I feel really good. My incisions are healing nicely for the most part. One is a little bit infected but I'm taking care of it. I'm still eating pretty small amounts. I'm still fighting with head hunger though and wantng to chew something! AHHHH! But I'll be ok. I can sleep on my stomach already with no problems and I haven't used any pain meds or tylenol since three days after surgery. Like I had said.. I'm feeling good. I did have my first NSV on Saturday when I tried on a pair of jean capri's I couldn't fit anymore and they fit me perfect. Not tight at all! Yay!!!!!

I'm still waiting for my scale to arrive so I can see how much I've lost.

I'm so happy we're all getting banded. The month is halfway over!!!!

Good luck GotGlock and LosinIt!!

Clear liquids for me today and then surgery tommorow at 7:30. I'm getting so nervous now. I'm paranoid the surgeon will get in there and decide for some reason I can't have it done. If that happens I'll be devastated! I'm sure I'm not going to get any sleep tonight. Think biting my nails today will mess up the clear liquid diet? :)

Good luck GotGlock and LosinIt!!

Clear liquids for me today and then surgery tommorow at 7:30. I'm getting so nervous now. I'm paranoid the surgeon will get in there and decide for some reason I can't have it done. If that happens I'll be devastated! I'm sure I'm not going to get any sleep tonight. Think biting my nails today will mess up the clear liquid diet? :)

Arrrrggghhhh!!! I'm with you Bug! Tomorrow's the big day! I'm so not into the clear liquid thing, LOL!! But do what you gotta do. I won't find out until 4pm today what time my surgery is tomorrow. I'm on eggshells here!!!

BEST OF LUCK, GOTGLOCK AND LOSIN IT!!!

Cheers to all the August Bandsters!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Diva;

I have never heard of 'Isopure', you said its high protien and lo carb? Where do you find it? it sounds like a great nutritional suppliment to have on hand. Thanks for the info. Glad to hear of your success.

love,luck, and best of health to all our August bandsters.

waiting for 8/24/06....chrissie

Well, I am discovering a different type of dining experience - eating no longer brings enjoyment. .....

Wow Robin, what interesting observations! Thanks for sharing.

Good luck to everyone going today :biggrin1:

I've been SOOOO excited about getting banded. Until this morning. I had a tooth break, no big deal, it's happened before. I know my insurance doesn't pay all of the crown cost, and it made me freak out. :omg:

I'm self-pay, and it hit how much in debt we are going, and how little we'll have available for emergencies like teeth afterwards. I'm wondering why in the world I thought this was a good idea and that we could do it.

Rationally, we have a home equity line of credit that we plan to use. DH is totally on board, and I have great support from family, friends and co-workers. But all of a sudden I'm having lots of doubts.:faint: