Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

Hi Everyone! Congrats to those who have been banded, and good luck to those up and comming! Mine is the 8th of August in Atlantic City NJ. I have been running around like a nut, so when the morning comes it will be a shock. I'm not worried, and my husband will take care of me. So I'll let you know!

Patti

Are you having Dr Patel do your band?

Patti

1 day of liquid diet done, 9 more to go. Ugh! Actually it wasn't too bad yesterday aside from the stupid headache. Luckily, we are very busy this week so it should fly by.

For those who've been banded, are your prescription pain meds a liquid? Or do you have to crush pills? And did any of you get a prescription for anti-nausea meds?

I started my liquid diet today. Sunday August 6th

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH How do you do it?

Well, I have to do this all week, then Monday the 14th I am in surgery.

I am starting to get very nervous man. Crazy...

Excited but nervous.

:scared: :):P

Last night I experienced some shoulder gas pain and I had some today as well. I have finally figured out when I am full. This morning I had 1/2 bottle of Water, 30 minutes later I had a nutritional drink with Unjury, and was still a little hungry so I had cup of cream of asparagus Soup. Well about 1/2 way through that cup I felt pressure come on slowly in my mid section the way I would feel after I had eaten a little too much. It was uncomfortable but not painful but took a while to pass.

I am still passing gas and burping like crazy. No BMs as of yet but did not expect it as I have had only liquid.

Just wanted to pass on that so far I have tried applesauce, mashed potatoes, string cheese (chewed to paste consistency in my mouth), and cream of broccoli soup, and it all passed just fine.

I am finally losing some weight. I went into surgery at 223, climbed to 226 post surgery (probably due to swelling or water retention) and am now at 218. I can't imagine doing 30 minutes of walking since my stomach muscles are sore but I try to keep moving.

How are the other First Week August Bandsters doing?

Bug (Tracey) - I have liquid pain medication -- Loritab. It's hydrocodone and acetemeniphen together.

This is Day 4 post-op and I am feeling better and better. I am using less and less pain medication. I have shoulder pain that comes and goes, and the port site is still tender. I think that may take a few more days to resolve.

My energy level is increasing as I am focused on eating enough Protein. I am still doing mainly liquids, but have had some applesauce and yogurt.

Ok, this might be TMI, but I was wondering about others, so I figure others might be wondering, too. I finally had a BM today -- first one since surgery. I needed a little help and used a glycerine suppository. Does anyone know what we are supposed to use for a stool softener. The ones I've used in the past are gel pills.

I don't know if/how much weight I've lost, but the shorts I put on today seem a bit looser. I am not expecting a big weight-loss in these first weeks, but a few pounds lost would be great.

Tomorrow I go back to work. I'm a bit apprehensive about it, but if I don't make the entire day, so be it. I am ready to get out -- 5 days at home (except for a couple of quick trips to the store) are enough for me.

For those of y'all coming up on surgery in the next week or two, let me know if these updates are helpful. If they are, I'll keep doing them every couple of days for a while, and if not, I won't.

clarityseeker, I really appreciate the updates. I feel better having an idea what recovery is going to feel like. I have a 2 1/2 year old and I'm nervous about caring for him while hubby is at work. Luckily my parents will be around to help. Again, thanks to you...and everyone else, taking the time to fill us all in our your recovery. We really do appreciate it.

Clarity... I'm still having the major runs. When I need to pass gas I have to find the bathroom right away because I get some extra with it.

Ick!

My incisions are itching like CRAZY!!!! For dinner I unfroze some homemade squash Soup I made over a week ago and put some broth in a cup with some of the veggies and put it through the blender till it was smoother then applesauce and ate that. It was SOOOOO good!

I posted under "3 days banded-some hints" if you all want to read it.

I am still holding a pillow to my tummy-no way I could go to work tomorrow. Very very little gas (I had an enema the night before surgery so I was completely empty-can't prove that it is the reason for very little gas but...). I am only on 1 percocet (cut in 4ths) every 4 hours or so. There is pain but manageable. Esp the incision where they put the main instrument (left side), it hurts the most trying to get up out of bed. I have my pillows raised real high. You kind of have to roll to the left and lift up with your left arm. No picking up babies!!! I way black and blue around the main incision and on the back of my hands where the needle was. i was on Clear Liquids the first 48 hours (clear Isopure was great it has 40 grams protein) and today I had Tomato soup! I am tired from the anasthesia and the percocet so I take lots of naps. I can't believe it is over.

Hey every one, how's life?? I am being banded 8/28, which just happens to be 22 days away, but who's counting, but me. I can't wait, I've heard so much possitive info on this site that it make me feel confident in my decision.

good luck to all and thanks

RLITTMAN

Thanks for that information, that is very very helpful.. If you can keep me posted even if private, because I am going for my surgery next Monday and I am getting nervous.

So you were able to tell when you got full?

How are you feeling so far?

I am being banded on August 23rd, and check this site daily, as for me I really appreciate all the posts from everyone who has and will go before me. All of your information is important-even the small stuff! Best Wishes to all of you recovering post-op and please keep posting.Thanks,Chrissie.

I do not get to post on these boards very often, but I do read and REALLY appreciate everyone who does post. It is so comforting and inspiring, not to mention informational! :)

I am leaving at 3:00 am (less than 2 hrs) :plane:to go to the airport. I am having my surgery in Tijuana. Just wanted to say thanks for all of the support and CONGRATS to everyone who has recently been banded! :clap2:

I will be back really soon and will share my experience with everyone!:)

Hugs,

Charissa :)

Good luck smalldreams and fill us in when you get back!!!

I'm starting to get nervous as well. I know it's the right decision but I'm starting to freak a little. Hey, it can't possibly hurt as much as squeezing a ten pound baby out after 20 hours of labor, right?:)

I was banded on August 2 but ended up having the band slip due to swelling of the upper pouch shortly after surgery. I was in extreme pain and could not even swallow an ice chip. After 2 more iodine swallow tests over the next 12 hours I went back to surgery on Aug. 3 to have the band adjusted into it's original position. I wanted just to give up and have it taken out but went forward and am now a " band member". My recovery has not been all that fun and the anxiety involved in 2 surgeries over 2 days was more than I anticipated. Chances of this happening were less than 1% so I guess if I have those kinds of odds winning the lottery I will be lucky!!

I chose the band over bypass knowing that complications may occur ..but would not be life threatening. That was the most important thing for me. If I had this kind of complicaton with bypass who know what may have been the outcome.

I am pretty sore, especially where the port is located, but am doing better every day. I am taking darvocet for pain ( cut into small pieces) and it is working well. I could not go to work this week. I was able to sleep in bed propped on pillows last night. I have been drinking lots of sips of Fluid and am not hungry at all. Cold feels better than warm liquids on my throat ( probabaly from being intubated twice) so I am sticking with the protien drinks and crystal light.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well that has been banded this week.

For my August band friends I would say try not to worry. Even with my complications this has not been that bad. I concur with others that the gas is about the worst thing. Your attitude going into this will make a big difference in how you do...just keep moving forward. Life is good.

I pray for all of us August banders every day!