Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

Hi August Band Crew!

I'm really psyched about my banding on August 3rd..this coming Thursday! I just booked it yesterday and there happened to be a cancellation so I took it instead of waiting longer. Today I got all my pre-op testing done, so Im good to go!

Best of luck to all getting banded in August!

Sandy

187/187/135

Self-pay

Boo Boo Kitty and Sandee (and everyone else), Im soooo excited and somewhat nervous. I can't believe its Tuesday 8/1/06 so soon. Im all set and can't wait to get healthy either. Can anyone share with me the list/items they were told to ave on hand (NOT food) for right after you get out of the hospital? No one at my hosp. told me that kind of stuff adn I've read some "packing lists" from some other on LapBand Talk.

Thanks a lot, in advance and a healthy, smooth procedure for everyone!

I am not really nervous just excited. I went through the whole pre-op thing today and it went well,

The UPPER GI SUCKED!!!! I am feeling the affects now. BLAH

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Whats up August bandsters..................

I am a self pay girl and have been waithing for my date for a mth or so. I got a call last week telling me that they has no openings until oct:cry I became really upset and began to do research on other doctors. My doctor is charging 14500 but he is acrooss the street from my house and has a GREAT rep. in the area so I really has no issues with the amount until now. I was not willing to wait till Oct. aand made that very clear when I was talking to his staff so I looked into Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. I have read many posts and did a lot of searching and I was going to go for it and then................

My doctor called and said that they fit me in August 29th.:omg: I was set to fly to Mexico and was pretty excited at the thought of saving $6000.

I looked into after care and my original doctor will do the fills and my after care for a $500 office fee that I already paid anyway. So in my head I was saving money, gettting my band in August like I had planned and taking a trip to lay in the Mexican sun!

Now I am really having a hard time trying to decide what to do. I made a pro/con list and talked to my close friends that know what i am going to do but I would love you input.

Well, I'm scheduled to be banded on August 7 at Central DuPage Hospital near Chicago. I guess this is actually going to happen -- I've thought about it for so long it seems more a dream than a reality. The insurance has approved it, and I've had all the tests, and the labs etc. All systems are go!

Now, I'm just hoping the darned thing does what it's supposed to, and I actually lose the weight!

I'm more nervous about the preop diet than the actual surgery! But I'm sure that will change in the next week or so.

Booda, if I were you, I'd go with the local doc. Only because that way if you have any complications afterwards, the doc who banded you is right there and able to help. Plus then you don't have the added stress of traveling right after surgery. Good luck with whatever you decide!

OH MY GOSH!!! I can't believe it's almost here. My date is August 8 ... I thought it was so far away, but it snuck right up on me! I think I'm excited, but I'm probably still in denial that it's actually happening.

And oh my gosh ... they could do a documentary on the last supper syndrome by dropping by my house!! It's like somehow I think there isn't any food on the other side!! :faint: What's my deal?? I'm supposed to be in the preop liquid phase, but haven't been very good at sticking with it. (Not terribly shocking that I'm not good at diets!! :) )

Much love to the rest of you August-bandsters! And yeah for us! :clap2:

:clap2: Counting down the days..... Aug. 10... seemed so far away in June, but it will be here before you know it. I've started to prepare a little ahead of time. I've stopped all carbonated drinks, will go on my liquid diet on 8/1 and I've started an exercise program at our local Parks and Recreation.

Let me pass along what we have here in Dallas. Alot of our neighborhood parks have recreations buildings with gyms and weight rooms and exercise equipment. The annual fee is $15 and $10/mo. for the use of the equipment and where I'm going there is a personal trainer. The use of the personal trainer is only $5, sure can't beat that. I've been riding the exercise bike and started on some upper body weights. It's about to kill me, but I've got to get used to it.

Wishing all of you that's going to be banded in August all the luck in the world.

:angel:

I feel you guys! I get banded in 3 days... ACK. I've been "last suppering" my heart out. You know, I know in my head that I'll be able to eat food again, but my tummy isn't hearing it. I'm scared of the post-op diet.

I feel the same way, Lizilo. My date is this coming Tues. (8/1) and I just came back from a vacation out of town which is also always an excuse to eat your heart out! I'm excited, nervous but most of all I can't wait to begin this new journey. Just remember how good we we feel, how many ailements, aches and pains will go away, how much better we'll look and the energy we'll have. Focussing on the positives, not what I won't be able to eat anymore, this is what I am trying to do.

I hope everything goes well with your surgery and we (all these member) will be here to support each other throught thr post-op phase and beyond. :)

I am no longer nervous, just very excited with 5 days left to go. Tonight I had my last supper of barbeque ribs. I had to forgo the coleslaw and potato salad because of the carbs. The pre-op diet has been a little easier the last few days. I'm mostly sticking to high Protein foods and eating smaller portions. I've found that if you add one scoop of the Unjury supplment to a supplement drink like Glucerna or ensure you fill full for hours.

I have been told to have the following on hand for post-op.

1. small pillow for car ride home to place in between myself and seat belt

2. liquid tylenol

3. gauze pads

4. gas X or mylanta for gas or bloating

5. For post op 48 -72 hour liquid diet: liquids such as cream Soups or boullion, sugar free: Jello, Carnation Instant Breakfast, ensure, boost, etc., fruit or vegetable juice. Remember the Unjury supplement can extra protein to anything - yogurt, V-8 or Soup. I was told to stay on the liquid diet for as long as I could tolerate it as it aids with healing. I was also told to stay on soft diet for at least four weeks or longer as you really lose weight during this period.

Have a great "last weekend"!

Yep I am nervous. I still trying to find some liquid tylenol but all I have found anywhere is the children's liquid. Who else is August 4th?

I am super excited. We were doing a full liquid diet, but then decided that since the goal is to lower your liver size, that having liquids during the day and then a Protein veggie combo for dinner would be ok. So far I have lost about 16 lbs, which is very exciting.

I am getting nervous, but at the same time excited because we will have a few days off! And I am excited that the surgery will be done, and our new life will be really started.

Liquid tylenol is often in Walmart. if you can't find the regular adult type, go look for tylenol "sore throat"... just liquid tylenol too.... check the ingredients label to be sure though.

You know how horoscopes have their "cusps"? Well I feel like i'm on the july/august cusp :)