Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I has my surgery April 5 and two weeks post op I passedout at home twice. My doctor says for me to increase my fluids and i have done so, but I still can not feel like i did before i passed out. I have no energy and still feel light headed and dizzy. Will this pass..every one keeps telling me it will take time but I am miserable not being able to feel like myself. Any sugeestions on what this felling may be coming from?

You definitely have to visit your doctor!! Whenever one of my patients has these symptoms, I order some lab work and maybe an X ray with contrast to make sure everything is the way it should.

Trust me on this one...see your doctor! If you have a medical question feel free to reply or PM me.

Good luck..

You definitely have to visit your doctor!! Whenever one of my patients has these symptoms, I order some lab work and maybe an X ray with contrast to make sure everything is the way it should.

Trust me on this one...see your doctor! If you have a medical question feel free to reply or PM me.

Good luck..

Thanks I did just that. They said my blood pressure was low and that can cause it so they have altered my blood pressure meds so i will see how that works.

I am almost 3 weeks post op and have the same feeling. Dizzy spells. I have not passed out. I drink 7+ glasses of fluids a day so I don't think its dehydration. My urine is not a bright yellow either. At my 1st followup appointment with my PCP 10 days post op, my blood pressure was low. At that time she asked me if i got dizzy when I stood up and I wasn't having the spells at that time. I meet with my surgeon and I will be bringing up this issue. I've noticed the more calories I get in a day, the better I feel. Its hard because my post op diet is very strict. I'm only allowed 3 meals a day. No snacking, and a Protein shake is a meal not a liquid. My shakes are only allowed of 4 ounces as well. Very strict so I have been struggling to get over 250 calories a day. Very low.

I do not take any blood pressure meds, but I have a feeling that I will be prescribed some to increase my blood pressure. I also haven't started my Vitamins yet except my B12 per there guidelines. I'm sure once I start up again, I will start feeling better.

Kara, I am right there with you. I am on full liquids - 2 weeks out - and barely get 250 cals per day. I push my Water, not as much as I should, though. But I get dizzy so much. My blood pressure is fine, so I am sure it is the Water or low food intake.

My advice to anyone feeling dizzy, call the Dr. He or she will better direct you. They know your history and can ask more pointed questions. If you pass out and hit your head, you could end up in the ER. Not good. Stay safe!

Hi-

I have had dizzy spells from week 2 till present-

things are better, at 3 months out-

when ever I get dizzy now- I sit and drink, and then have some Protein too.

lately I have been almost meal time and hot (been working out side)

so I can;t figger it out, dehydration or needing protein...

Please go see a doctor first off. If they can't find anything more than probable dehydration you might want to look up "vasovagal response". In my experiences at first I would have flop sweats and actually experience something that felt like I was in a hole. Couldn't move basically for 15-20 min then was wiped out for half a day. Had this happen twice in two days post op had had to be readmitted until they ran the blood work. Was told it was dehydration which basically felt like a common response to I don't really know. after this it happened a few more times it got better. I'm 18 months out now and my episodes are not completely gone, sometimes when in a stressful situation or I have a reflux response to something I ate I will get the sweats but no hole or dizziness. Hope this helps I had a hard time finding an answer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches