Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I get up this morning, exactly 1 week from my surgery date and guess what???.... I feel like I am coming down with a cold. Seriously?

I cannot be sick, I am pushing liquids and Protein like crazy hoping to overcome and be better by Monday.... Uggh

Gotta love Mondays! :)

Rest, hydrate well and use a humidifier. Hoping the best for you!

So, I get up this morning, exactly 1 week from my surgery date and guess what???.... I feel like I am coming down with a cold. Seriously?

I cannot be sick, I am pushing liquids and Protein like crazy hoping to overcome and be better by Monday.... Uggh

OMG Michelle- I came over to Pre-Op to post THE SAME THING!

I woke up today with a sore throat- thought it was allergies- but tonight I feel like crap and I know I am sick. My son had a cold and we worked together shooting a wedding Saturday. I drank airborne all weekend trying to protect myself but nope.

I am so scared! It always seems to go to my lungs and get bad. I just will freak if they cancel my surgery!

With one week to go....here we are! ACK!

Hugs to you!!!!

Uggg I am so sorry! this scares me too - but I will grab some Vit C and use the humidifier tonight and Pray that all us May 9ers are well enough to still have our surgery on Monday!

OMG Michelle- I came over to Pre-Op to post THE SAME THING!

I woke up today with a sore throat- thought it was allergies- but tonight I feel like crap and I know I am sick. My son had a cold and we worked together shooting a wedding Saturday. I drank airborne all weekend trying to protect myself but nope.

I am so scared! It always seems to go to my lungs and get bad. I just will freak if they cancel my surgery!

With one week to go....here we are! ACK!

Hugs to you!!!!

I had a cold when I had spinal cord surgery last year. I thought for sure they would cancel, but they didnt. In fact, they gave me something to dry out my nasal passages and lungs right before they hit me with the hard drugs. They did check and re-check me for a temp, but since I didn't have one away we went with surgery. Hopefully, your cold will pass by then. If not, call your Dr and find out what his protocol is for surgery when you have a cold. Good luck!!

I would hate to have done this sick. But I asked as I often get colds when I dramatically change my diet. They said that if it was just a cold -- no infection, no fever -- and I was okay with having it, they would not cancel on me. (Which was sort of funny since they ultimately canceled on me twice for other reasons)

Luckily you have some time so that if it is just a cold, you can recover. Unfortunately, if it's more, you might not be so lucky. ;)

I honestly think my are allergies, because I have the sneezing, running eyes etc like allergies - I am feeling a bit better so I really dont think its a cold -- **Keeping fingers crossed** :blink:

I honestly think my are allergies, because I have the sneezing, running eyes etc like allergies - I am feeling a bit better so I really dont think its a cold -- **Keeping fingers crossed** :blink:

Mine is definitely a cold. :( I was really tired at Water aerobics last night but with eating, or should I say drinking 500 calories a day it could have been that- but when I got home it was in my chest and I knew it. I have slept most of the day today... but good news is I was a bit better when I woke up and I think it will be a quick one. I am using my sinus lavage twice a day since everything goes to my sinuses... also adding strawberries and banana to my Protein drinks to help up my c and citamins and of course hitting the airborne and the emergen-c....and I will contact my doctor and see what could happen.

Healing light to everyone!!!!!

Keep me updated on what happens, sending Healing thoughts your way! :rolleyes:

Mine is definitely a cold. :( I was really tired at Water aerobics last night but with eating, or should I say drinking 500 calories a day it could have been that- but when I got home it was in my chest and I knew it. I have slept most of the day today... but good news is I was a bit better when I woke up and I think it will be a quick one. I am using my sinus lavage twice a day since everything goes to my sinuses... also adding strawberries and banana to my Protein drinks to help up my c and citamins and of course hitting the airborne and the emergen-c....and I will contact my doctor and see what could happen.

Healing light to everyone!!!!!