Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stall? Or am I getting greedy?

I'm 18 days post op today. I've gone from 214 at the time of surgery down to 201.1. And there I sit... all week. I know that is remarkable weight loss for just 3 weeks, but I was expecting to be in the "honeymoon" period a bit longer. I feel like I'm in a bad relationship - he's good to me for a few weeks and ignores me for one. It just seems cruel to teeter me at the precipice of Onederland. I want in that land really damn bad. I need some reality checks and pep talks. I've been battling dehydration for the past three days and really focusing on getting in my 8 glasses of Water a day (64 oz). I also find that I eat an average of 800 calories a day - 60-70 grams of Protein, 18 grams of fat, and about 35-50 carbs a day. Ideas?

Water will be your best friend. As I drink my water and make sure I get all my nutrients in I start losing again. Your body will think it's in starvation mode if it doesn't have the nutrients it needs. Focus on that Protein too!

I'm in that place, but I'm almost 6months out and I struggling with 3 pounds for the last 2 weeks. 3 pounds and I will have lost 100 pounds in 6months. I wished I had lost 30 or40 pounds a month, but only 20 per month. I have another 100 at least to go.

BWMB-Don't you get down on your self your doing great!

Gayle-I needed to hear that I have trouble getting in my Water and my Protein because of GERD. I figuring it out and it gets easier.Thank you.

Thanks guys! Makes sense. I just need to have faith.

You have already lost 27% of your excess in just 3 weeks, how amazing is that ? ? ? You are 1/4 way to goal, you are doing amazing, you will just have to let your body recover. You're getting in plenty of calories, and Protein, and all you gotta do is fluids. Those fluids will push the toxins and fat our of your body. Starvation mode only exists if you don't have any more body fat to burn through, and we all got body fat. So, don't worry about "starvation mode", you are doing great, and the weight will move. I know we all want it RIGHT NOW, but it will come, just push fluids, move a little more and you'll start dropping weight and inches.

I am basically in the same spot! I'm 23 days out and went from 213 to 198 and I've sat there for a week! I realize now that I need to drink more water! I'll try that to get back on track!

YOU CAN DO IT! (what other choice do you have ;)

I've read so much on here about stalls...Just figure that the weight you would be losing is just being relocated to a much more aesthetically pleasing spot!

Hang in there!!!

I am very proud of you on what you've lost so far! You're in inspiration to this June 20th sleever! Keep your spirits and head up...pretty soon the pounds will be down!

:)

Thanks ladies!! Your entries made me feel so much better. I decided to step on the scale and guess what...? I did it! I'm now at 199.1!!!! Woot! So I guess I just needed to chill out after all. And drink my fluids. I think a lot of this recent stall was fluids and now that I'm back up to 8 cups a day, I think that it's starting to move. You are all so sweet and your words were so kind. Thanks for helping me calm down and see the amazing things I've already accomplished. It's too easy to just get focused on that end number that sometimes I need some reminders to look at what's already happened. Thanks for being such lovely reminders!

You have already lost 27% of your excess in just 3 weeks, how amazing is that ? ? ?

I didn't even see it this way. You are right! What a great way to look at it - much more motivating than that darn scale.

I'm at the same point as you right now, from being around on the forums there seems to be a "mini-stall" the 3rd or 4th week out while your body is adjusting. You may want to play around with your calories on different days to trick your body into thinking it's getting more calories. You're definitely doing better volume wise than me, I've even had to start setting a timer to go off every 20 minutes to remind me to have a shot of Protein Shake or Water :) Trust me, you're not done losing! Just because your body is readjusting doesn't mean your honeymoon period is over. :)