Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My update:

I was sleeved on 4/27. Horrible nausea post op. Left the hospital having had nothing but Water and a few tea spoons of broth. Thing are gradually getting better. Probably getting in about 300 calories per day. Missing by a mile on the Protein, but doing pretty well on staying hydrated. Weighed this morning and I am up 2 pounds from the scales Wednesday morning as I left for the hospital. That's not fun to see. I understand now how this plays with the brain. I mean, what??am I going to start gaining weight when I am able to take 500 calories in per day?

They've told me that any sort of risk of a dangerous episode is pretty much over on day 21 so that's all I have my sights on now. As long as I know it's just a matter of accepting this was my decision and plugging away at it, I'll be fine. But right now, it's all feeling a bit futile.

Or maybe my concerns are just the nausea talking. :unsure: I hate being nauseous so it might just be that big mouth that's bugging me.

-- A little side note: My BF drove me around a bit yesterday. We went to McDonalds so he could get some lunch. He kept asking if it was okay or if it would bother me. I told him it really didn't bother me at all. Well he's normally a really slow eater. Yesterday he ate like he was in one of those hot dog contests. I could tell he still felt really bad sitting and eating in front of me. But it really didn't bother me in the least. I do miss salty since all of these awful Protein drinks are so very sweet. But aside from wanting to lick one of his french fries, I was fine,

Girl, it WILL get better. Chances are you are retaining Water, expect to lose it soon.

Wish you the best!

I was sleeved the day after you and I am still up 2.5 lbs from the day of surgery. I'm like you with the eating/drinking, too. My stomach seems very swollen still. I have to think it's fluids.

It's hard to get in clear Proteins, isn't it?

Definitely fluids! They pump you full of them for surgery to keep you hydrated and keep your electrolytes up. As counterproductive as it sounds, just keep drinking and in no time you'll flush all of that out of you!

Hi :D What r clear Proteins, if u dont mind me asking??? Is the Isopure chocolate, vanilla, strawberry ok for that? Im not aware there is a difference. I havn't been sleeved yet, obviously :D . My date is June 13th, but Im trying to prepare and learn as much as I can now. Thanks :D

I was sleeved the day after you and I am still up 2.5 lbs from the day of surgery. I'm like you with the eating/drinking, too. My stomach seems very swollen still. I have to think it's fluids.

It's hard to get in clear Proteins, isn't it?

THe clears are the Isopure that comes in the bottles - they have flavors like Arctic Ice. Go to GNC dot com and search for Isopure. You'll see the bottled drinks there. Personally, I couldn't stand them but lots of people like them.

Lara

O, I hear you. I was sleeved 4/25 and I'm still struggling to get in all my liquids and protein!! Its been 7 days for me and I'm still weak and tired. I know it will get better...i just keep going its tomorrow. I'm not awful or sick, it's just harder to drink than I thought it would be. I was up 3lbs coming home from the hospital but today I'm down a total of 5lbs since surgery. Yay!! Keep plugging along and force those fluids in. we should see results soon!!!!

Thanks all. I think it concerns me to be going to see the surgeon on Wednesday for my follow up and not have lost a single pound.

And same thing here. I knew it would be difficult but I didn't know it would be so hard to drink liquid. Just Water seems to stay in my stomach forever and I had been told that it went through quickly which is why my program suggests you not drink after taking in any nutritious liquid, just as you will doing going forward on real food. So I'm surprised when I take a tiny sip of Water and it sounds like a cauldron in my stomach........wondering why the heck is it all hanging around instead of just going on through.

I feel like I am getting enough liquid but this experience tells me how much I drank before. I love water. And while it feels like I am drinking a lot now, I"m not compared to before. So I'm not going to the bathroom hardly any and that makes it seem as if I'm not getting enough water, even though I think I am.

Clear Protein also includes k2o protein Water mix (I don't think it's high in protein, though), Unjury chicken Soup flavor, and SetPoint protein mixers. I'm guessing there are others I just don't know about. I'm on Clear Liquids until day 7. After that I'm on full liquids so only then can I have a regular Protein Shake. Getting a little pathetic already....

Don't worry... I gained 5 kgs (11 pounds) !!!! in the hospital... 2 days after leaving the hospital and drinking only G2 and Smart Water I was able to get rid of all of that excess Water weight from the IVs... YOU HAVE NOT REALLY GAINED WEIGHT!! I PROMISE THAT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY LOST!!! I too was on here just 2 weeks ago freaking out about the same thing!!

No worries!!! Just drink fluids and forget about Protein for the first week!!! biggrin.gif Oh, and try not to drink any broths with salt for a couple of days, just to get you going to the bathroom... then after you do, you will need the salt, or just G2, Gatorade, Powerade, anything with electrolytes will do!!!

Also, have you been able to pee well??? sorry personal question, but I couldn't for 2 days before i left the hospital, so I was all swollen.. my fingers looked like sausages and I could barely bend them... my doc gave me a diuretic or something to start my kidneys and get them to release fluids and eventually they did.... Monday when I was released from the hospital I was up to 309 lbs from my pre-op weight of 298... and by the night of the next day I had peed off 13 pounds!!!! which means I was hobbling to the bathroom every 20 minutes or so... And actually that was 6 days post-op for me!!! Tell your doctor if you are not able to go to the bathroom!!

Don't worry... I gained 5 kgs (11 pounds) !!!! in the hospital... 2 days after leaving the hospital and drinking only G2 and Smart Water I was able to get rid of all of that excess Water weight from the IVs... YOU HAVE NOT REALLY GAINED WEIGHT!! I PROMISE THAT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY LOST!!! I too was on here just 2 weeks ago freaking out about the same thing!!

No worries!!! Just drink fluids and forget about Protein for the first week!!! biggrin.gif Oh, and try not to drink any broths with salt for a couple of days, just to get you going to the bathroom... then after you do, you will need the salt, or just G2, Gatorade, Powerade, anything with electrolytes will do!!!

Also, have you been able to pee well??? sorry personal question, but I couldn't for 2 days before i left the hospital, so I was all swollen.. my fingers looked like sausages and I could barely bend them... my doc gave me a diuretic or something to start my kidneys and get them to release fluids and eventually they did.... Monday when I was released from the hospital I was up to 309 lbs from my pre-op weight of 298... and by the night of the next day I had peed off 13 pounds!!!! which means I was hobbling to the bathroom every 20 minutes or so... And actually that was 6 days post-op for me!!! Tell your doctor if you are not able to go to the bathroom!!

No problem with the peeing. But this has definitely shown me what a huge drinker I was pre-sleeve. I was constantly having to go. Now, even tho I am getting Fluid in pretty darned well, I feel like I never have to pee.

But what you describe about yourself is what I expected for me, to feel and appear bloated. But I'm not at all. I can wear my rings fine, shoes are actually a bit loose. It's odd. But my follow up is tomorrow so I'll just see what he says. Who knows what my body is doing . I'm pretty sure parts of it think it's been tortured. ;)

Yep, if you are drinking but not feeling like you have to go... that is exactly what I had... my fingers didn't swell until they gave me the meds, but then again, I was on 3 IVs at once.... Definately mention that you don't feel the need to pee to your doc.... If you are drinking plus the IV fluids you had, but don't need to pee, that is not good...