Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help!!

My surgery was March 23rd. I lost about 20 lbs then quit losing. I haven't lost in 3 weeks. I know I don't get enough Protein. Can eating too many carbs stop the weight loss??

Can someone give some suggestions for protein? I don't like fish (except tuna).

So far this is not working. I feel like I can eat way more food than other people here.

Please help me.

I'm sure your are just in a stall!! Don't worry !!! The sleeve will work ! Everyone goes through stalls and they are horrible but it will pass!!! What stage are you in??? How much can you eat at one meal?

I have been coaching myself from way before my surgery date to eat my Protein first. Always, always, always! I know for me that, if I am eating more than 30 carbs a day, I don't lose weight. Do you drink any Protein Drinks? I drink Gladiator from smoothie King (I buy the powder there). It has 45 g of protein in 2 scoops, which I put in 4 oz Water, 2 sweet and low, 5 cubes of ice and 4 strawberries. Then blend. If you always have protein first, you most likely wont have room for many carbs. Go back to the basics to get back on track!

Hi Maddie, A three week stall is a long time. I know you're frustrated! You're just now six weeks out, so you are starting on 'everything'. Carbs can bring you to a halt fast depending on what you are eating.

To kick start a plateau, I'd always up my Protein and Water, do a little exercise and it worked like a charm every time. Protein for me was normally 60 - 65 and I'd go to 70 - 80. My calories when I was where you are were between 500 and 650 per day...and I did good to get that much in. During my losing period I averaged 675 per day. I had great restriction, I still do.

I call cottage cheese, the Breakfast of champions, I love it. 1% of course. Eggs; steamed shrimp (i keep a bag on hand for lunch), tuna, I measure 2 TB of lite mayo for a can; whatever meat you want at night; stay away from bread, rice, Pasta, all sweets, nothing until you reach goal; chips; if it's in a bag or a box....chances are, you shouldn't have it!!! The exception, Special K Crackers, a few with tuna rather than bread are ok - recommended by my dietitian. They even have a little Fiber. I have two glasses of skim milk per day. I get liquid and 16 grams of protein, killing two birds with one stone, so to speak!! Greek yogurt, the plain, has TONS of protein in it, add Stivia or some other artificial sweetener to it, or sugar free jelly....a little fruit, be creative, just nothing you shouldn't. Great source of protein. I hope these suggestions help!!! Three weeks is a long time, you can overcome this, I promise you!!! Good luck, this tool works, just work with it!!!

Also, I still weight and measure EVERYTHING....and keep an on line food log, it's good to know exactly how much you are eating and to keep track of your protein and calories!!! Just a suggestion!!

I need help!!

My surgery was March 23rd. I lost about 20 lbs then quit losing. I haven't lost in 3 weeks. I know I don't get enough protein. Can eating too many carbs stop the weight loss??

Can someone give some suggestions for protein? I don't like fish (except tuna).

So far this is not working. I feel like I can eat way more food than other people here.

Please help me.

Hi Maddie, A three week stall is a long time. I know you're frustrated! You're just now six weeks out, so you are starting on 'everything'. Carbs can bring you to a halt fast depending on what you are eating.

To kick start a plateau, I'd always up my Protein and Water, do a little exercise and it worked like a charm every time. Protein for me was normally 60 - 65 and I'd go to 70 - 80. My calories when I was where you are were between 500 and 650 per day...and I did good to get that much in. During my losing period I averaged 675 per day. I had great restriction, I still do.

I call cottage cheese, the Breakfast of champions, I love it. 1% of course. Eggs; steamed shrimp (i keep a bag on hand for lunch), tuna, I measure 2 TB of lite mayo for a can; whatever meat you want at night; stay away from bread, rice, Pasta, all sweets, nothing until you reach goal; chips; if it's in a bag or a box....chances are, you shouldn't have it!!! The exception, Special K Crackers, a few with tuna rather than bread are ok - recommended by my dietitian. They even have a little Fiber. I have two glasses of skim milk per day. I get liquid and 16 grams of protein, killing two birds with one stone, so to speak!! Greek yogurt, the plain, has TONS of protein in it, add Stivia or some other artificial sweetener to it, or sugar free jelly....a little fruit, be creative, just nothing you shouldn't. Great source of protein. I hope these suggestions help!!! Three weeks is a long time, you can overcome this, I promise you!!! Good luck, this tool works, just work with it!!!

Also, I still weight and measure EVERYTHING....and keep an on line food log, it's good to know exactly how much you are eating and to keep track of your protein and calories!!! Just a suggestion!!

These are great suggestions! Thank You!!

I will cut the carbs and eat more Protein.

I just got off the mushy stage and began the

solid foods. I get hungry every 2 hours or so

and have been eating crackers to ease the hunger.

That is probably too many carbs.

I tried Greek yogurt and didn't care for it, but

with the fruit jelly it might be good, I will try it.

I like cottage cheese and smoothies.

Again - thanks so much - I have new hope.

If you think of anything else, I am always ready for

new ideas.

I was sleeved 3/16 and have been hovering at the same weight for 2-3 weeks. I have read a bunch of different ideas to shock your system into loss again, including increasing your limits. It's been said that since we're not getting the calories we did before this journey began, our bodies go into a starvation mode and we need to trick it back into weight loss.

Well, yesterday I decided to try this...and ordered a cheeseburger kids meal (minus the drink). This morning the scale showed a 2 lb loss! Not sure if it was really because of increasing my limits, but I sure am glad the scale finally moved! I was willing to try almost anything to get scale moving again!

I know how mind boggling it is to consume such few amounts of calories, fat, carbs, etc...and not lose anything. So my thoughts and prayers are with you. :)

I don't care for the Greek yogurt either, too tangy for me. Although in casserolesas sour cream, it is fine. I had to play with it to 'sweeten' it up. sugar free jelly'and Stivia or Sweet 'N Low help a lot!! You are so welcome. I just had my cottagecheese for breakfast, at this point I can eat a half cup, so that is 13 grams rightoff the bat!!! Yay! Since the beginning, I start the day and end the day with a cupof milk. I really, really did not want to lose my hair and haven't, so "mission accomplished". LoL I also take Biotin. I don't know if it helps, but the nurse at thedoctors office suggested it and I know it can't hurt! If I think of anything else, I'llsure send it your way. I like fish, I know you said you don't. I do NOT like fishy fish.I love Cod.....grilled. I put it in Olive Oil, with the crushed garlic (find it at Wal Martin a jar) use a TB or a little more. Sea Salt and ground pepper. Marinate it for a littlewhile if you have time, if not, just spoon the mixture over it....then grill. We like charcoalbut gas is fine too........this is oh-so-good. Fish is 'soft' and easy to eat, full of Protein.If you want/need to snack....get the low fat/skim mozzarella cheese sticks, even eat morecottage cheese or get some deli sliced lunch meat. Have a great day!!!Stacy

These are great suggestions! Thank You!!

I will cut the carbs and eat more Protein.

I just got off the mushy stage and began the

solid foods. I get hungry every 2 hours or so

and have been eating crackers to ease the hunger.

That is probably too many carbs.

I tried Greek yogurt and didn't care for it, but

with the fruit jelly it might be good, I will try it.

I like cottage cheese and smoothies.

Again - thanks so much - I have new hope.

If you think of anything else, I am always ready for

new ideas.