Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m 18 days out from surgery. Weight lose has been amazing. I’m down 42 pounds. That’s the good news. Will I ever want to eat again? Seriously. I have no desire to eat anything. The site of an Isopure bottle makes me gag. It takes 2 hours of trying to keep my morning meds and Vitamins down each day. I’m light headed most of the time and constantly tired. I’m having the most difficult time keeping any food down. Protein Shakes won’t stay down. The consistency is too much. The flavors of Isopure are intolerable. I’m feeling like I’m at a dead end. To be honest I’m starting to wonder what the hell I’ve done to myself. Someone tell me that at some point I’m magically going to want to eat again and won’t constantly feel like I’m about to throw up. Does anyone have any advice for me? I’m trying hard to maintain a strong appearance for my family but I’m breaking here.

How much Fluid are you getting in? I would worry more about dehydration at this point than protien. Sip sip sip all day long. For the Protein drinks have you tried Syntrax nectar products? They do not have the strong Protein taste nor are they thick. You could order the sample pack from the company to try them out. Sampler pack I think is 13$ that includes shipping.

Syntrax Click the link and check out what they offer. You order the sampler pack on the phone from them. It doesnt hurt to try other Proteins.

Your new tummy is probably still very swollen and will need time to come down for you to feel better about eating. I have no desire for food I just know that I need to eat something to survive. Somedays if I forget to eat I get an empty feeling in my tummy.

Can you get your morning meds and Vitamins in liquid form. These may be better for your swollen tummy for the time being.

Hope your feeling better soon.

Hi Randy, sorry you're having such a rough time. Congratulations on the amazing weight loss though. How about trying something like runny scrambled eggs (add plenty of milk) and just nibble at that. I'm sure you'll start feeling a lot better very soon and your appetite will increase and you'll reminisce about the days when you could eat so little.

Relax and take it easy, you've had major surgery so get plenty of R&R until you're feeling better, which will roll around soon enough and this'll just become a distant memory. Hang in there and remind yourself why you went for this surgery. There are so many people on here saying how they 'LOVE' their sleeve, so you just gotta wait a little longer until you also feel that way. All the best! smile.gif

I could not tolerate Protein Drinks after surgery. I used the sugar free carnation instant Breakfast. I would mix some sugar free torina syrups to change up the flavor from the plain chocolate and vanilla. To add extra Protein I added 1/3 cup of instant dry milk. It may be a little higher in carbs but it helped me until I was able to get all protein from foods. Good Luck and hang in there.

are you taking an anti-nausea medication in the morning? i know that after i started taking my anti-nausea meds, i felt fine with drinking anyhow. not at the eating food stage yet

much luck

Hi Randy;

Yup - have been there. Which Isopure are you drinking? The small plastic bottles with 20oz approx or the ones from GNC with 40gm of clear protien with flavors like apple-melon? (think green jolly green rancher candy) Protien is so hard to get in right away or enough liquid. Argh, that first month or two was rough. I probably bought 15 different kinds of protien powders before I found one I could choke down. It was the 40gm ISOPURE from GNC - apple melon only. I still drink it upon occassions. Another one I like and still use is a bariatric Cappuccinos (Bari-wise sells 7 packets for $11).

Your body has been through a great shock and is adjusting. Do not give up. You need calories maybe even some low level sugar. I went through the same thing - shaking, light headed, and weak. Hang in there, this is just an adjusting phase.

Call you doctor on Monday morning to see if they recommend anything, but until then go out and get some G2 gatorade (low sugar/calorie). Sip, sip, sip or you are going to dehydrate and end up in the hospital.

At that point I was on liquids but milk products didn't sit right and Isopure was gross nasty. I just had Soup broth, coconut milk, juice, gatorade. Don't worry about eating food you will eventually.

HI Randy,

I couldn't tolerate Protein drinks either. I would sometimes have a bit of vanilla milk (comes like a juice box for kids) and drinkable yogurt. If you are really not getting much nutrition in, you can switch to regular full-sugar gatorade for the electrolytes. I had to do that for a couple of days. You should also be coming up on your mushies transition - I came alive when I was able to eat a bit of cottage cheese. Take it slow when you introduce new things - you can only get down about 2 oz to begin with.

Everyone is right. You need to concentrate on fluids right now because

dehydration causes all sorts of problems, including nausea.

Have you tried the Kellogs K20 Protein drinks? They do not have that Protein taste.They taste more like a koolaide or crystal light. gatoraide or poweaide is good too, as someone stated .

You should try to get a hold of your doctor's office too an tell them how you are feeling.

There are other places to order samples too, if you look in the food section .