Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LONG STALL??? or worst fear true??

I feared that I would not lose weight quickly as I did when I got the band. Then I hoped since im still 250-260 at 5'6" that I would have an initial push of weight loss. Well the first week I dropped 10 pounds roughly. Then nada!!! Over two weeks now and nothing....then this morning.....two pounds higher!!! Maybe water....I dont know. Havnt been eating that great because Im miserable and feel like crap! Im guessing im eating roughly 1000-1200 calories a day. Im gonna give it a go this week AGAIN and go low fat protiens....fluids....and see what happens. Getting discouraged......nothing in over 2 weeks.

Well first of all how many carbs are you taking in?? This is not the band so we are limited to 60-80 grams of Proteins and no more than 25 grams of carbs. It sounds like you are doing quite a few carbs with 1000-1200. I am only pulling in around 700-800 calories in. Remember proteins first and then veggies second. You shouldn't have that much room for anything else. If you are doing all of this then up your Water intake. Carbs is a lot of what kills weight loss for us. Brother and let me tell you that just about everything you eat has carbs. Also you don't have very much to lose so you will have to be more strict on what you eat to keep the scales moving. Good luck and keep us posted.

I havnt been eating a lot of carbs at all excpt for the times I feel like crap and eat dry cerial and chocolate a few times. I had some cream Soup here and there but for the most part ive been eating fake crab meat, real crab meat, and bbq chicken I cooked in the crock pot. Im 3 weeks out so ive been eating soft stuff. I usually eat 4-6 oz of protien 5-6 times a day. Im gonna measure and be more strict this week and see if I can get this rolling. Im so bummed right now.

Hey Hip!

I know it is difficult but try to stay positive! The first couple of weeks are about getting better, healing and recovering. At your stage in the game Water is going to be important, try to get in as much as you can. I hit the dreaded three week stall and the same as you, I stayed there for 2 1/2 weeks. This has become my pattern but I am still losing albeit slowly and I am now 10mths out. Over the last couple of weeks I have really struggled mentally with this whole process, but I am getting there now and feeling more positive about myself.

It will come off... as yes, extrafluffy said you don't really have that much to lose; you're a 'light weight' ...lol

have a look around at other stall posts.. there are a lot of them! It would seem that a lot of us go through this and it is part and parcel of our bodies way of taking time to adjust.

take care of yourself and keep us posted... chin up! =]

at 3 weeks I was still on liquids :( I too hit the stall once I started on foods, but with the helpful suggestions here it broke Friday ....... take your time, this will work.

My stall lasted 3 weeks. I bumped up my fluids and Protein. Then i increased my workout from 30 min a day to 45 min a day. Then like nothing I dropped 5 pounds since tuesday. Talk about being excited. My total carb intake per day is 20-25. Calories roughly 600. Don't know if that is too little but I'm eating protein first and veges last. I snack on Pork rinds around 2 ounces which has 160 calories 18 grams of protein & zero carbs. I do eat a lot of baked chicken and turkey. (skinless) Fish and shrimp. Scallops. Then steamed veges. I hit between 60-70 grams of protein a day. Give it time it will happen.:D

Deb

Thanks, I will definitly get more strict and hope I start losing. I even worked in the yard yesterday and was so miserable all day i was doing things and lifting things I definitly shouldnt have!! I get in these moods where I dont care about myself or anything. I dont know why. I didnt feel this bd before surgery. I guess the stall is getting to me and only because I have fear Im stuck here and wont lose like I thought. I had lap band in 08 and know stalls well but I knew they were stalls. This time I cant convince myself its just a stall. If I could do my normal activites I think Id be doing better but I guess I have 3 more weeks of taking it easy. Its hard when I feel fine ad the weather is nice. I was sleeved April 7th......it feels like months ago already!!

Maybe revisions are more likely to be slower losers? I know there's anecdotal evidence that 2 stage duodenal switches are slower losers than one stage because the body's already adapted the lower calorie intake. I'm wondering if that'll be the case because you were already restricted.

I guess at the end of the day what's important is that you lose whether it's fast or slow. I know it's tough being patient but at the end of the if you're a loser that's what's important. smile.gif

You are in the dreaded 3 wk stall and even though we all read it here constantly, it seems we're still not prepared for it. It really plays with our minds. Dont stress out too much and try to distract yourself from watching the scales so closely. When you say you are feeling bad, what exactly do you mean? Tired and no energy? Pain? I hope you feel more like yourself soon. Keep getting the Fluid and Protein in, you're gonna do fine!

Kelly

Feeling bad mentaly. I feel like I was meant to be fat and thats that. I just need to get on the ball and do this hardcore like I did when I first got lap band in 08. If I would lose a few pounds it would really get me motivated. I guess Ill see what this week brings.

I feared that I would not lose weight quickly as I did when I got the band. Then I hoped since im still 250-260 at 5'6" that I would have an initial push of weight loss. Well the first week I dropped 10 pounds roughly. Then nada!!! Over two weeks now and nothing....then this morning.....two pounds higher!!! Maybe Water....I dont know. Havnt been eating that great because Im miserable and feel like crap! Im guessing im eating roughly 1000-1200 calories a day. Im gonna give it a go this week AGAIN and go low fat protiens....fluids....and see what happens. Getting discouraged......nothing in over 2 weeks.

I would lower my calories, up the exercise and keep the fluids going in, remember cream Soups are liquid and flow right through so stick with dense Protein. The sleeve will work, yor body is in shock still. Goos Luck!

Hey, I totally understand you feeling bad, but the point here is you didn't give up. The band didn't work out but you had the strength and determination to try something else. I think you'll just have to hang in there and add patience to your personality strengths.

It's also recommended that you measure yourself when you're not losing lbs as you may be losing inches.

Feeling bad mentaly. I feel like I was meant to be fat and thats that. I just need to get on the ball and do this hardcore like I did when I first got lap band in 08. If I would lose a few pounds it would really get me motivated. I guess Ill see what this week brings.

Yeah the mental and emotional side of this is intense. You have us as support but do you know if there's a local support group you can attend? The scales will move, just sometimes not when we want or need it to the most. Try on some different sizes to see the changes. Most likely you're still losing inches. We're all so used to diets failing, and on top of that you were a Bander. So your understandably skeptical that this is going to work. Believe in yourself and believe in the sleeve!!

Kelly

Hip, aside from my initial weight loss I have lost on a very step sort of chart. I will stay the same weight for 3 weeks, go up two pounds and then lose 5-6. Then the same thing happens again. YES! It is discouraging. You can help it along by staying under 40g carbs/day. It will make your loss bigger in your losing week. NOW I am challenging you to measure yourself. Just take a few if you are lazy like I am with measurments. Do your neck, thighs and chest. Watch those! A few months ago I lost 3lbs...3 MFin pounds. (Not watching my carbs! Grr) but I went from size 18 to size 16 in that month. It was a huge difference in sizes but not so much on the scale.< /p>