Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Update from everyone

I'm at 17 days post-op and started mushies this week. The only thing I tried that I'd call 'thick' was some baby pastina. It seemed to sit like a lead balloon in my stomach and I only ate about 2 oz. of it over sixty minutes. I've done well with cottage cheese (not my favorite thing to eat, but my current favorite because I can actually finish a four oz. cup!). I've done some mushy tuna/mayo which I like but really can only handle 1-2 oz. The greek yogurt is good - I also have some sugar free Jello pudding for a snack and that is fine. I made some tilapia the other night on the stove in a grill pan with a little olive oil and garlic powder, then chopped it up into little pieces. I had about 1-2 oz of that. I've also had about 2/3 of a scrambled egg all mushed up. I am usually a fast eater but have been eating really slowly - very little on the fork and then mushing it up for awhile before I swallow it. So far it has worked but I'm sure I'm not getting my Protein in. I just can't seem to keep that much down. I do like the Myoplex Lite shakes - they are close to 30g. of Protein and are very thin - maybe you'd do well with those?

I really like hearing from everyone :)

Ok ya'll... 18 days post-op and on full liquids! Man, I simply cant get anything thick down!! I was really looking forward to the yummy chocolate Protein Shakes that I bought plenty of and NOPE... not going down well at all. I havent been able to drink not one! I have been able to eat about 3oz of blended cream of mushroom Soup, cream of broccoli, and cream of potatoe. And, this morning, by the Luck of the Irish, I was able to finish an entire greek yogurt blended w/some SF jelly!!! I was so proud of myself!! I'm still slow to get all my fluids in. I'm still coming up short on the 64oz as well as the 80g of protein. I am getting a little heartburn now! And, am sad to say, I have officially hit the "3 week Stall" everyone talks about! My scale has not moved all week!!

How are you all doing????

Myoplex? I've never heard of them. Where do you get them from? Are they ready-to-drink or are they a mix? I bought the Syntax nectar samples from mybariatricpantry.com and loved them! I ended up purchasing an entire container of the Cappachino flavor and drink that every day. I also purchased their Protein hot chocolate and have that in the morning in place of coffee. With both of those I get a total of 63g Protein, but that's about it. I've been adding the Protein Powder to my Soups but i never consume enough of the Soup to really get a significant amount of protein that way.

I boiled some eggs last night and will try to eat those w/some mayo tonight. I really need to get more fluids in but it's so hard for me!

I found them at my local supermarket, but GNC has them as does drugstore.com. I got the ready to drink, but I think they have a mix too. Here's a link..., actually two links - the first is lower in calories which my nutritionist says is better. The other one is higher in Protein but a larger size so two of the smaller ones is better calorie wise.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3360109

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2627155

Myoplex? I've never heard of them. Where do you get them from? Are they ready-to-drink or are they a mix? I bought the Syntax nectar samples from mybariatricpantry.com and loved them! I ended up purchasing an entire container of the Cappachino flavor and drink that every day. I also purchased their Protein hot chocolate and have that in the morning in place of coffee. With both of those I get a total of 63g protein, but that's about it. I've been adding the Protein Powder to my Soups but i never consume enough of the Soup to really get a significant amount of protein that way.

I boiled some eggs last night and will try to eat those w/some mayo tonight. I really need to get more fluids in but it's so hard for me!

OMG just experienced the dreaded dumping syndrom. The egg salad didn't sit well with me at all!! I feel like crap and was in the bathroom for about half an hour. Not fun. No more egg salad for me.....man, this sleeve is a lot harder than I anticipated.

I tried frozen yogurt last week, maybe1/2 cup, and I had the same issue!

4 weeks out today and down 25 pounds. I hit the 3 week stall at 2 weeks and the scale only started moving again on Friday. Been doing a lot of walking. Still having some pain in my stomach and when I swallow but I go back to see my dr on Wed and will talk to him about the pain then. Getting dressed in the morning is taking twice as long because clothes that fit me a few weeks ago dont fit me anymore. its nice to clean out my closet a bit though. lol.

Glad everyone is doing pretty well. Cant believe it been a month already for so many of us! Keep up the good work!!!!!

Feeling much better today! I was able to drink all my hot Protein chocolate cocoa, cream of potatoe Soup, and just had about 6 small bites of refried Beans for lunch! I have already finished a 16oz bottle of Water and am working on a 20oz Protein Drink (cappachino flavor). This is the first day since my surgery that I have actually been able to eat this much and drink too! OMG, maybe this sleeve is actually gonna work?! Lets just hope my 3 week stall from last week doesnt carry over into this week too!! ugh... I've been stuck at the same exact weight since last monday. no movement. I'm increasing my fluids and calories so lets hope that works!!

Glad you are feeling better Stacy. What brand of Cappacino Protein drink do you get. I've been thinking I need to try something different. I am almost five weeks post op and am getting along well. Just need to work on getting in more Water and walking more. I'm down almost 50 pounds (counting lbs lost on pre op diet). Can't believe I am actually losing weight. I Love My Sleeve!

The drink I got is from www.mybariatricpantry.com ... I bought the Syntax nectar samples and loved the cappachino flavor. I ended up buying a big tub of it. I put 2 scoops in 20oz of Water giving me 48g of protein!! They have a lot of yummy flavors!! Buy the samples first to try them out!! Great job on your weight loss. How much have you lost post-op?

Finally found a Protein drink I can handle - Premier Protein from Sam's Club. I have one for Breakfast and try to get the rest of my Protein from foods. Still not hitting 60 grams/day but getting there slowly! Water is still an issue - it just doesn't go down easily. Tried Peanut Butter for the first time yesterday, too. Hurt like a mother going down! I'm now a month out and cleared for all foods but I'm still wary of fruits and veggies.

Started my beloved Zumba class at the Y again this morning! Took the lower-intensity basic class with the senior citizens, but I was able to work up a good sweat and burned 676 calories in 45 minutes, according to my HR monitor. Followed it up with an hour of weights, lifting 20% to 50% of what I was doing pre-surgery. Really looking forward to running again, too, but will wait a bit longer to start up again.

I had my first 'ugh' food yesterday - had a small cube of watermelon and got horrible pains in my stomach. I think I'll be staying away from that. I, too, am having some trouble with my liquids. I love to drink cold drinks but having to drink so slowly, it gets warm, then I'm not into it - need to put ice cubes or something to keep me drinking. Had my first cheese stick today for a snack and it was good - nice to eat something that isn't so mushy...

Have a party on Saturday which will be a challenge. I got some suggestions from my nutritionist but I'm not sure what the reception place will be serving. Maybe I'll pack a cottage cheese or yogurt and keep it on ice in my car. I just don't look forward to explaining to everyone why I'm not eating anything...

Where do I start I was sleeved on April 20th took 8 hrs due to many issues found while removing my lapband, on road to recovery and it's been a great 4 weeks post op, loosing weight so fast and walking 4 miles a day now, I'm 57 pounds down now since pre op weigh in.

I started out at 447 on first consult in Feb and we decided my band was to tight so in April tried to unfill it but port had fliped so Dr requested urgent repair/revision with insurance company got approval the next day and booked in 6 days later.

I didn't get a chance to think about worrying it happened so fast.

After 12 years of my band which worked for me for about 7 of them I was now free from it and sleeved and enjoying my new life every day so much more now as those pounds I gained come off and my new body comes to life once again.

Cheers Mal and Aussie Up Over is Fremont CA

I had surgery on APril 11 starting weight 247 and i am now 210.

Im not very hungry so i dont eat very much - but i feel great!

weight.png

OMG, did I really have the sleeve or not? I feel great. I actually feel as though I never even had the surgery. Except for the fact that I'm still on pureed foods, I would think it was never done. As well, the scale hasnt moved in 2 wks and none of my clothes feel any loser yet either!! I know I have to be patient but I see so many other April sleevers losing and here I am stuck! WTF is wrong with me!? I'm following my Dr's orders and getting in all my required Protein, fluids, etc, but still nothing seems to change. I simply feel as though I was never sleeved!!!

I am feeling great. Since I had a leak after my surgery, which was April 8th, I am just now where I should have been after surgery.

I no longer have my picc line and tube. I did Clear Liquids for 2 wks and now I am on stage 2 with the Protein Shakes and such. I had a slight set back but now I am on my way to some weightloss and a new life. I am so excited !!!