Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am gaining weight????

I am on Day 16 and I gained a pound since Wed(day 14) This is really discouraging and disappointing. Should I not be losing weight?

Any ideas on what is going on? PLEASE HELP!

I am on Day 16 and I gained a pound since Wed(day 14) This is really discouraging and disappointing. Should I not be losing weight?

Any ideas on what is going on? PLEASE HELP!

what are you eating/drinking?

It could be that you just need to use the bathroom too unsure.gif

what are you eating/drinking?

It could be that you just need to use the bathroom too unsure.gif

Eating/Drinking Protein shakes, and all stuff on the list of what I should eat,,

I took a shower and used the bathroom and now it says 419.6! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was really scared for a minute(or upset) I can tell this is going to be so challenging, I am a scale hawk now... I remember when the scale I am using would always say error! I have to focus on those positives as opposed to freaking out over a pound, I know I know.

Eating/Drinking Protein shakes, and all stuff on the list of what I should eat,,

I took a shower and used the bathroom and now it says 419.6! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was really scared for a minute(or upset) I can tell this is going to be so challenging, I am a scale hawk now... I remember when the scale I am using would always say error! I have to focus on those positives as opposed to freaking out over a pound, I know I know.

My advice to you is STAY OFF THE SCALE. Put it away if you have to. Do not hover on it. Weigh yourself once a week and that is all.

The scale can drive you absolutely bat shit insane. There is an "infamous" 3 -6 week stall that seems to hit many sleevers and if you are obsessing about it when that stall hits you could literally go nuts.

Follow your diet, get exercise, stay confident, and HIDE THE SCALE!

I totally agree with doggz109: hide the scale! I get my hubby to do it, I am allowed to weigh myself only on Saturdays, otherwise I would go insane. Also skinny people's weight fluctuates, it is absolutely normal!

try not to worry to much... a pound of weight could be Water or like above the need for the loo... your weight will come off... you only need to have a look at the wonderful stories and pictures on here.

You've received some great advise already... try to stay positive and follow your plan... good luck to you =]

You are on your 3rd week stall. I'd say about 90% of us endure this... you are one of the lucky ones. :) It would be wise for you to hide your scale for the next few weeks - keep yourself from the negative feelings that come with it. Hang in there, this is a long journey and you have only just begun.

I am day 17 today....I had one day I did not lose weight last week (I have been a scale obsessor!!) But...I thought about it. I drank way more the day before and I think I was finally on the winning side of dehydration. Some of that weight immediately post op is going to be Fluid loss. I think once we have that IV pulled and its up to us, we all get a little dehydrated (or in my case...alot) Once you get better at the fluids, you're bound to put a bit back on while your body begins to balance and adjust. I don't really subscribe to the 'bathroom necessity' being weight at this point. When your daily food intake is virtually 12 oz...thats less than a pound and Soups and mushies have a Water content that we eliminate...so probably not hanging onto a few pounds of food. (if you are, I think you have a bigger problem...lol)

I agree we should weigh once a week but at this point I am replacing my food obsession with scale obsession...lol, and its motivation to me on the days I feel like CRAP! Even an oz, thank God my scale has that...can be an oz in the right direction. A gain of a pound, while crushing...if you rationally think it through, is not really a pound of FAT! Water is key, and get as much of your Protein as you can. You are going to lose! How can you not!?? Can you still eat a cheeseburger? Can you eat multiple slices of pizza? NOPE!

Stay positive...good luck! We're a day apart so I totally commiserate! I put up a post about day 16...lol. I was bad, and it was good...and I still lost 2 lbs. I think acceptance is a big part of surviving these first weeks...we made this choice, we'll have good days and bad days, in the end...we'll weigh less! *hugs!*

Dont feel bad....sleeved 4/7 and been stalled out since the 13th or 14th...SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

Could be you need to potty, if youre exercising that could play a part.

Just take it easy, pick one day a week for your weigh ins to count and be logged and go on with your business :)

I know it's hard when you're trying to lose and you see a gain, but in this case there's so many reasons for it.

Thanks guys! There is no way I will weight myself once a week, I will be weighting my self daily. I like to see the drop even if an oz or 2. Even on a day where it does not change or I only gained 5oz I am happy just seing the number 420 and below. I was just 485 less than 2 months ago.

As I have read on other threads as well even if the weight may not be falling off rapidly, I can see my waist line and body changing shape and it is a good sign. I cannot wait to hit that 400LB mark, my wife is already talking about 350 I am like damn babe dont rush it! lol

She is having her sleeve done in 12 days,, OMG I am nervous for her,,

Hey bigmike that is awesome!! That will be great you two will go through a lot of this together and you being first you can help her to adjust. You should have her read this website and post too :)

Best wishes and speedy recovery to your Wife!!