Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I stretching my sleeve???

day 3 of purees...i am meticulous about measuring my food...its 4ozs each time. i eat very slow...it takes at least a half hour but more like 45 mins to eat, and i chew at least 20 times....but I finish each time.

a lot of u on here say u are full after a few bites....am I overdoing it?

I was told that not everyone is given the same size stomach. That is why some can eat and drink more than others. That is why we should not compare ourselves to each other. Your surgeon may have given you a little bit bigger stomach than the other guy. If you can drink 1oz more, be glad! It doesn't mean you are streaching your stomach it just means you have more space than the next person.

Hope this helps.

Kelly :D

I think you are doing fine..You are on puree foods they do not stick in your stomach very long. thick liquids are the same. just don't go over your Protein requirements or eat a lot of carbs. IF you think you are eating too much put 3 oz of food in your bowl and eat that really slowly and when you get done then wait 10 minutes. iF you are truly hungry eat the rest. The true meaning of being full is being satisified without hunger. It will become more difficult to get that much food in when your on solids. They say they are done after a few bites because they are one solid samantha.

Over 45 minutes you have passed the stuff you first ate and are making room for more, NO I don't think you are stretching your sleeve. If you can wolf down 4 ozs in 10 minutes then force down more then YES you would be stretching it and I've yet to see anyone who can do that so soon pre-op, it typically hurts like hell and makes your heart feel like it's going to jump out of your chest.

I think this is a common fear for anyone who gets WLS (I'm having my own not-so-quiet freakouts over here!). Doctors use different sized bougie's and different surgical techniques which make sleeve sizes vary plus it does depend on how long your stomach is to begin with.

As long as we don't push ourselves past comfortable I think we should be good :)

Sometimes it depends on what I'm eating. If I eat anything with potatoes in it, I can really only have a bite or two. :( Sometimes I can drink crystal light in bigger gulps and I have no problem, but only if I haven't eaten in a while.

ALSO, you will have your best restriction with Protein. It makes you feel full and for longer. That is why the rule is PROTEIN FIRST!! liquids run thru very fast and soft carbs run thru fast as well. Make sure that you are eating your protein first before anything else and you will be fine!! Also, don't drink with meals.

You will do great. Don't worry!!

Kelly

Hi Samantha,

No you are not stretching out your sleeve. However if you are worried you may be eating too much, try this: Use 3 oz max on your pureed meat and only take 30 minutes to eat. Most time themselves. This sleeve thing is really tricky because we lost our hunger sensation. It's hard to guage if we are truly satisfied (no longer hungry). So, measure your portions to a bit less and take less time to eat it. Once that 30 minutes is up, stop eating.

I hope this helps! I think you're doing great - no worries.

Samantha, I've been feeling the exact same way! I can eat an entire 4 oz and on top of that my weightloss has stalled, and I found out today that I was dehydrated which is weird cause I drink Water all day.

Samantha, I've been feeling the exact same way! I can eat an entire 4 oz and on top of that my weightloss has stalled, and I found out today that I was dehydrated which is weird cause I drink Water all day.

this is such an adjustment lol

so far I have gotten up to 48 ozs of water....today I will aim for more unsure.gif

I can eat a 1/4 cup of pureed chicken veg Soup in about 10-15 minutes. I know I need to slow down and work on it. It just seems like such small bites to be stretching it to 30 min to eat! I think a lot of this phase is learning what full feels like and not overeating. I had an overeating disorder, so I think my body doesn't get all the cues that it should. Compared to me, it sounds like you are doing picture perfect! Keep up the good work. And maybe share some of your secrets with me!!

That is one of the things I've worried about too! I don't think we can rolleyes.gif which for me is such a relief. As everyone has said Protein first and no drinking during your meals. It gets easier as you get used to it. I know the schedule of eating, drinking, walking is a full time job in the beginning. You can do this! There are so many amazing people on this site from everywhere who are so supportive and offer great suggestions.