Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i was sleeved on march 29th, I'm almost 4 weeks out, From what i've read on here it does seem many people have stalls...and everyone's body is different. I'm usually really good about getting to my 60g Protein per day...water...not so good...some days i drink alot when i try, but if it's not my priority for the day...i end up behind. My new focus is going to be Water now that i have protein down..has any of you seen stalls go away with upping your water intake? I've lost a little this week...I'm at 19 lbs lost, don't get me wrong i'm thrilled and people have definitely noticed, but i would like to see a little more. I haven't been workingout hard yet, i think i will hit the gym today too and see if that helps. My energy level just hasn't recovered since surgery yet, did any of you experience this? and if so how did you overcome this? I'm supposed to still be on puree food...but i'm honestly not....i stick with small bites...even meat and chew chew chew till i can basicially swish it in my mouth then swallow. I avoid breads and pasta's they don't feel good. No pain or anything...not sure if i will get scolded from my surgeon on monday or not, i just can't do that dang puree business anymore.

Thanks in advance! and Happy early Easter!!

You may or may not lose more by following the rules at any one time, it seems many stall being perfect, but I would follow the rules if I were you... they are there for a reason. The weight will come off in your bodies own sweet time if you follow the rules. If you are dehydrated, your body will actually hold on to Water weight. I have some probs getting in all my water without a fight... I have started drinking 3 cups in the AM before anything else, while I take a bath... and this gets me off to a good start. I would wait to overly test the rules until after you have lost most of your weight... its a great time to re train your self into some habits that work better for you in the future.

by the way... I have had MANY mini stalls and one long one. After looking back at my weight loss graph, I saw I had actually lost two pounds in 4 weeks, not really a stall... but a S---l----o----w patch for sure... that started at week 2.

Here is the graphics

I am loving that graph... I am visual learner/person and this I find very useful and such a positive tool to use! =]

I am loving that graph... I am visual learner/person and this I find very useful and such a positive tool to use! =]

I decided to torture myself and weight every day. Actually, I decided to weigh every day so I could train myself out of getting so upset or happy about the number. After about 11 weeks I decided to use the fitday graph to see what the pattern of my loss/gain looked like... and I see many up days and many plateaus, however, I continue to lose over the long run. Like others have mentioned, the loss looks like stair steps, or saw blade in the case of mine...the reasons for this rhythms of ups and downs I can not yet discern. Roller coaster indeed! Keep sharp all! Enjoy the ride!

Great graph. After the second month out I started my stair weight loss too. I stay the same or bouce up 2lbs for 3 weeks then lose 5-8lbs in one week. It's been that way for months :) Nothing seems to break teh stall but I lose more if I stay on low carb.

myfitnesspal.com is a great way to track all of your exercise, Water, carbs, fat and calories. try that for a while and maybe the scale will get moving again. i find that i will lose the best when i chart everything! it also really puts into perspective what you are putting into your mouth. you may think you are eating 30g of carbs, but really getting 40g. that could be the problem!

good luck to you!

kelly

I'm only 16 days out and have hit a stall. I'm getting everything in, however, and hope to get the walking going this week. I've lost about 14 lbs but nothing in 6 days! Weird!

So i was sleeved on march 29th, I'm almost 4 weeks out, From what i've read on here it does seem many people have stalls...and everyone's body is different. I'm usually really good about getting to my 60g Protein per day...water...not so good...some days i drink alot when i try, but if it's not my priority for the day...i end up behind. My new focus is going to be Water now that i have Protein down..has any of you seen stalls go away with upping your Water intake? I've lost a little this week...I'm at 19 lbs lost, don't get me wrong i'm thrilled and people have definitely noticed, but i would like to see a little more. I haven't been workingout hard yet, i think i will hit the gym today too and see if that helps. My energy level just hasn't recovered since surgery yet, did any of you experience this? and if so how did you overcome this? I'm supposed to still be on puree food...but i'm honestly not....i stick with small bites...even meat and chew chew chew till i can basicially swish it in my mouth then swallow. I avoid breads and pasta's they don't feel good. No pain or anything...not sure if i will get scolded from my surgeon on monday or not, i just can't do that dang puree business anymore.

Thanks in advance! and Happy early Easter!!

i was just beginning week 3 when i leveled out, it's frusterating when it's so early yet. I have decided not to weigh my self many times a week...just once..so then if it's even a pound or two...it will be encouraging =) i also love that graph...very motivating!

I just went in and averaged my weight loss weekly... and I have averaged 2.5 lbs a week. You have to understand there was an 11 pound loss week, and a 1/2 pound gain week in there... and lots of .6 pound loss weeks...my Nut told me to expect to lose 10 pounds a month, and here I am, right on her target!. That is with stalls and all figured in, so keep up your chins newbies! The weight will come off... and all the worrying and buyers remorse will not make your life funner or the weight come off faster! Sure I would love to lose all (or even half) of the extra weight in a week...biggrin.gif but unless I lose a leg or two, that ain't going to happen.

Besides we would end up looking like a deflated balloon overnight! I've got some loose skin showing up as we speak... it needs time to shrink a little. (please pleeasse please shrink!).. now I'm pleading and begging my skin! I'm not nuts....tongue.gif