Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks out and loving it

Everything is in the details!

I'm 5'5 and started at 248lbs, I am now 6 weeks out and down 38lbs! I feel wonderful!

Just wondering if this trend will last?

example of my day:

Egg with slice of cheese

2oz of turkey with fat free ranch

3oz of chicken (or other meat) with tbs. of mashed potatos

Water, juice, tea

I don't weigh my food and I try not to over eat. Does this seam like an "okay" diet?

Is the weight loss about average?

Thanks for reading and responding!!!

Congrats on your weightloss! I am not sure how many grams of Protein all that is, you might wanna plug your food into myfitnesspal or a different one so you'll kno if your getting the minimum requirements of your post op diet.

38 lbs is awesome!!

Kelly

Looks like you're doing great. Your start weight was 100 pounds less than me and you have lost more than me! My start weight was 353, I am at 7 weeks PostOp and have lost 35 pounds so far. I'm a little jealous!

Really, you are doing quite well considering you aren't even weighing or measuring your food. Congrats!

The only thing I would be concerned about is your Protein intake. From looking at your food, it does look like it is lower than it should be, unless you are adding Protein powder to your drinks. You should probably have at least 60g Protein per day and from the daily intake you provided, I think it is less than 40 (just an estimate). Like Kelly mentioned, you might want to enter your food into one of the nutritional trackers periodically to make sure you are meeting your requirements. Protein is a very important part of your diet now.

I'm 5'5 and started at 248lbs, I am now 6 weeks out and down 38lbs! I feel wonderful!

example of my day:

Egg with slice of cheese

Water, juice, tea

I don't weigh my food and I try not to over eat. Does this seam like an "okay" diet?

I do drink 2 Protein shakes a day! forgot to add that. I try to keep my Protein above 60 but there are times it's very hard!!!

Thank you so much for the positive feedback!

Congratulations on the excellent weight loss! Were pretty much in the same place, although I'm 5'2'' but we started around the same weight (250 for me) Your meals sound very similar to what I've been eating daily. What's your exercise routine like? Iv only gone to the gym like 5 times since surgery - which is horrible, I need to go on a regular basis. I've only lost 28 lbs so maybe its the gym that will really make the difference. Also how much liquids do u drink a day!? I've only been getting like 20 oz which is probably affecting my weight loss too! Good job to you Mandy!! :)

I'm just two weeks out and finding the Protein shake to be the toughest to get in! I do it though. I need more energy, but I think it's REAL food I want. I bought some salmon bisque yesterday and thought I was in heaven it tasted so fresh-----I get to start mushies on Wed, but already have nibbled at this and that just to have some true food. Congrats to you!

example of my day:

Egg with slice of cheese

Water, juice, tea

Congratulations on the excellent weight loss! Were pretty much in the same place, although I'm 5'2'' but we started around the same weight (250 for me) Your meals sound very similar to what I've been eating daily. What's your exercise routine like? Iv only gone to the gym like 5 times since surgery - which is horrible, I need to go on a regular basis. I've only lost 28 lbs so maybe its the gym that will really make the difference. Also how much liquids do u drink a day!? I've only been getting like 20 oz which is probably affecting my weight loss too! Good job to you Mandy!! :)

I posted on your wall a second ago!!! I try to walk a mile or more a day, and I do the "Walk at home" from weight watchers at work. (I sit for 12 hrs a night so it's nice to have a little movement at 2am) :)

28lbs is AMAZING!!! Try to get your fluids in whatever way you can! sugar free Jello, popsicles, propell fitness Water. My fluids are my number one priority however, there are days that I have trouble.. It's a day to day learning experience! I'm happy to be sharing it with you!!! :)

You are doing GREAT! I am six weeks out tomorrow (4-27-11) and I am down 40 pounds. I am not the best patient in the world, as I do not do well with the Protein Shakes. I do try to make sure I get my Protein in my meals. I bought the food scale, and I ahve used it once. I have also found websites with different receipes on it so that I can mix up what we eat. There are several Breakfast options to just a scrambled or hard fried egg with cheese and they are higher in protein. try boiled eggs or deviled eggs with some low fat mayo, must and no sugar added sweet pickle relish...really good and a great snack. Good Luck! Keep up the great work