Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Weight Watchers enough??

So here is my question... in your exerience were your WW weigh in books enough for the 6 month diet program?? I have that I am going to send in with my appeal, and if it doesn't work I have to start the whole 6 month thing over again!! How frustrating is that!! I am REALLY hoping that it is enough because that is why I did it in the first place.

Thanks for your help & nput...

Glenna

It all depends on the insurance company. We have to jump through hoops to get what we want, I know its a pain but it will be all worth it in the end.

So here is my question... in your exerience were your WW weigh in books enough for the 6 month diet program?? I have that I am going to send in with my appeal, and if it doesn't work I have to start the whole 6 month thing over again!! How frustrating is that!! I am REALLY hoping that it is enough because that is why I did it in the first place.

Glenna

hi! sounds like our insurances are similiar. i chose to do 2 three month diets which included weight watchers and a dr. supervised diet. i double checked with my surgeon's office and the insurance company that they would take the book with the stickers and they would. i actually sent in the original booklet as is. i'm supposed to be approved by the 30th of this month. if something goes awry and it's not what they wanted, i'll let you know :)

Glenna

Hi, we have the same insurance, not neccesarily the same policy, but same BCBC IL. Anyways, I have been calling BCBS A LOT lately to get this straight because my plan states I need a 6mo supervised diet like you mention. I have been told that WW is good, but you also have to see a doctor every month and have them document EVERYTHING you have been doing WW, exercise, etc. This is just what they told me! Have you called the ins and spoken to someone? I called everyday for about a week and talked to different people and this is what I was told the last time. I just want to do everything and MORE than they want so I can get approved. GOOD LUCK sweetie! Let us know how it turns out for you!:D

I also have BCBS IL, I am still in the process of doing my 6 months, 2 more to go! I had started WW January 29th and was told I could use that as my Month 1, The insurance Coordinator said that I shouldn't have any problem turning in my first 3 months of WW with the insurance. I cancelled WW and started to go with my Doctor because it's cheaper. SHe also said that I didn't even have to do my weekly weigh in's I only had to make sure I had 1 weigh in for each month. With that said...Sounds like WW should be enough but I'm going to pay attention to see what they tell you. Good Luck! I know this is the hard part huh?

I have (and work for) BCBS of IL and was told specifically that it has to be documented by a Dr each month. The medical policy isn't clear as it doesn't really say and trust me, I have waaay more than 6 months of WW over the last 2 years so I was hoping...but no go. I am still doing WW as well as my Dr visits each month. I also have a Health Coach (which is through BCBS too) and she also told me that is the biggest thing she sees people get hung up on - they think they don't need to see their Dr each month if they do WW, Jenny Craig, etc.

Great...That just burst my bubble. I was told by the insurance coordinator that my WW book for the first 3 months will suffice and she suggested I just go to the doctor for the last 3 months. I was hoping to submit for approval in June. Sounds like I will need to wait until September. :( Now will the Doctor be enough? or do I need to rejoin WW as well? OH man....This is becoming a stressfull nightmare for me.

Yes, we all had to jump through various hoops, I'm afraid. Work with your insurance coordinator to make sure you do EXACTLY what they require.... they love to stall!!