Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgeon in Houston,tx

Hi all,

Im trying to find a surgeon in Houston. Has anyone worked with dr. Yu or Scarborough at TLC surgery? I am just tring to find the best person, especially since I am self pay!..This site is awesome. Thanks to everyone

Melissa

I am going to Dr. Eric Wilson with UT Physicians, his main office is in Bellaire right off the Loop, but performs surgery at Memorial Herman on Fannin. Here is a Youtube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL7SPx_88nI

I like his staff, they are busy, but very good about calling back. I also like that they do a 3 separate body scans so you can see how and where you are losing weight. It may seem gimmicky, but I hope it will help inspire me. I went to LapBand Houston first and I really felt like they were just trying to make a sale, Dr. Wilson really spent time listening to me and provided me with different options. Check him out.

My surgeon was Robert Marvin, MD. He is double-board certified in general surgery and critical care. I figured if a problem cropped up, he would definitely be able to handle it. His website is doctormarvin.com. He has been on the show "Heavy" which chronicles the weight loss journey of a couple of individuals. I appreciated his thoroughness pre-op. Also, he doesn't require a pre-op diet, which I really liked. Good luck in your journey! Feel free to pm me if i can be of assistance.

Hi all,

Im trying to find a surgeon in Houston. Has anyone worked with dr. Yu or Scarborough at TLC surgery? I am just tring to find the best person, especially since I am self pay!..This site is awesome. Thanks to everyone

Melissa

Hi, I used Dr. Robert Marvin. He has a cash price of $11,000.He also offers insurance for complications for extra $1200 He is WONDERFUL!!!! I'm a yr out and my cousin just used him 3/21/11 for hers. I have seen Dr. Scarborough's name on here or OH before but have no knowledge of him. Good Luck!

@ Janae Dr. Marvin is great :)!!!

I started out with Dr. Yu, then Spiegal and finally settled on Dr. Dexter Turnquest...I love him! Really great surgeon!

Hey curvy...what did you not like about Dr. Yu?

I started out with Dr. Yu, then Spiegal and finally settled on Dr. Dexter Turnquest...I love him! Really great surgeon!

Honestly he seemed like a really good surgeon...I just had a lot of people refer me to Spiegal and that was a HUGE mistake! I absolutely love the surgeon I finally decided on! Good luck!

I used Dr. Garth Davis for my band and removal.

When I was looking around for another doctor to revise me to a Sleeve I went to several different seminars.

With Dr. Eric Wilson I did not think he was listening to me and my medical problems (6-8 different autoimmune disease), it was like I was a walking bank to help pay for the vacation he was planning.

With Dr. Marvin- he listen to me about my medical problems, he really cares about his clients. I also like that he was a trauma surgeon who could also do the critical care if needed. I know when I was re-admitted to the hospital 11 post op due to a temp of 101.6 with a possible leak or an infection I received the best care.

Just an FYI- when Dr. Davis removed my band in 12/09 he left part of the band tubing behind. I wondered why I was still having some of the problems after the band was removed- found out when I got Sleeved.

Hi all,

Melissa

My sister and I are using Dr. Garth Davis with the Davis Clinic. I had heard very good things about him and his clinic. We went to several seminars before we decided on him. His staff is very efficient and quick and we felt very comfortable with him at the consult. We are having the VSG on 5/13!!! Good luck on your decision.

I'm not in tx so I'm not commenting specifically on any surgeon but what I did to narrow down my choice was talk to my PCP. I trust him very much and he told me about two different surgeons and then I choose one of them.

I started out with Dr. Yu' date=' then Spiegal and finally settled on Dr. Dexter Turnquest...I love him! Really great surgeon![/quote']

Hi-- I too am in Houston. Using Dr. Turnquest, any concerns?

What ever you do DO NOT use Dr Spiegel. Biggest mistake my mother and I made in our lives! I'm I'm divorced and would still feel the doctor was biggest mistake lol. I was self pay too. I am now using UT physicians on bellaire. Seeing Dr Mehta, both Wilson's are great too!