Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 2 of pre-op liquid diet! Not a happy camper!!

So today has been really difficult for me...my head is pounding I think due to a food withdrawal..I am my second day in of the 14 day pre op diet and I have to say it really stinks!!! I am cranky, tired, irritable and hungry. I found PURE Protein Shakes (ready made) to be okay in taste and I am full with them but my head is still hungry...watching my 2 children and husband eat their eggplant parm. tonight didn't make it any better. How can I get through another 12 days of this??? This is worse than I thought it would ever be....

Sorry you are going thru this! I was just saying in another post that I dread this stage more than the post op. Read the other post titled late nite cravings during pre-op. It might be helpful.

Stay strong you can do this!!

It gets better, promise! I drank so much lemon Water during this stage and tried to keep busy reading, walking, taking a bath. Good luck and it will be so worth it when your surgeon can have a better go at making your new tummy.

Try to leave the room while they are eating.

go and look at before and after pictures to keep you motivated.

Thank you!!!! :rolleyes:

I will be right there with you starting on April 25th, I am going to try and drop back to eating 2 meals and 1 Meal Replacement drink the week before. I know it does not help you, but I am with you in Spirit!

I start my diet next Tuesday but I only have to do it for 7 days and it scares me more than the actual surgery does :( I just keep telling myself if I can get through this than I can do the rest with out a problem, and it does make me feel better that so many other people have managed to do it so its not impossible. GOOD LUCK :)

I start my 2 week pre-op diet this coming Monday, so I'm sure I will be feeling your pain! I am just going to try to stay as busy as possible and also go to bed early so my tummy doesn't have time to tell me it's hungry before bed.

I do get one Lean Cuisine/Smart One each day for the first week. My question, as someone who works all day, do you think it would be better to have that meal at lunch to get me through the day or at dinner to ward off hunger at bedtime? It may just have to be trial and error the first two days.

Just remember: this is going to be WELL worth it when all is said and done. And every day you make it through this diet brings you one day closer to the Loser's Bench!!!

I am on day 4 and it is definitely easier today, still have some cravings but nothing that a bit of chicken broth hasn't cured .My gawd awful headache went completely away on the third day. I'm not looking forward to the next 10 days but I know I can do this, you can too!! I know all the rah rah in the world won't help you but we are, or were, all fat here and in the same boat your in now. Reading the success stories helped but what keeps me chuggin' along are the before and after pictures on obesityhelp.com. Keep going and remember what your gonna' look like thin!!!!B)

I hear ya! I did ask my family to please not eat in front of me during mybore op diet, that seemed to help some. It will get better.

The first 2-3 days are the hardest and then it does seem to get easier. I would try to stay out of the room if possible when they are eating. If not just keep thinking about how great you are going to feel/look afterwards! And remember that popular saying on here "nothing tastes as good as thin feels". :rolleyes: Good luck as you continue on!

I am on my 4th day and I had head pains etc the first day. I wouldn't call it quite a breeze now, but it's definitely easier as I continue. Beef/Chicken broth is so heavenly. I have 1 cup for lunch, and it is so savory. I'm so sick and tired of cold drinks (i don't like hot tea nor drink coffee). I have ordered some Protein hot chocolate and latte mixes, but haven't tried them yet.

the key for me is keeping busy. when i feel my tummy rumble, i just shake up a crystal light Water mix and drink. i'm already tired of powdered Protein mix so today i put a scoop into my broth and there was no taste change, so i will continue with that. i also drink my clear Isopure RTD's...these and broth are what get me by. Oh, and I also sleep a lot more. I'm not sure if it's because i physically have to or because i'm going bed earlier to avoid hunger tongue.gif

either way, i've come this far, and have paid so much into this surgery that i just keep seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

good luck to you!

OMG!!!! THANK YOU!!

The first 2-3 days are the hardest and then it does seem to get easier. I would try to stay out of the room if possible when they are eating. If not just keep thinking about how great you are going to feel/look afterwards! And remember that popular saying on here "nothing tastes as good as thin feels". :rolleyes: Good luck as you continue on!

I know how you feel, that was such a rought time for me! Your right with having to be around your family who needs to go on normally eating it is so rough... I was allowed a tiny bit of food, but wow it was such a tease and seemed to of made me even more hungary for food.... I would try and leave the room and try to keep busy doing other things and drink alot.. I also made alot of stuff I didnt care for haha

I know! I'm hoping I won't turn into the Wicked Witch of the West, but I'm not making any promises! Lol Can you take any pain relievers? Would that help?

Good thing we're all taking the easy way out, right?