Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 13. Gutting it out.

The scale hasn't moved since last week. That's an initial eighteen pounds at the end of maybe the first week, and nothing thereafter. I think my three week stall came early and I am making myself not think that this might mean I am going to turn out to be a slowpoke loser. I can't start soft food for another seven days. I have to wait eight days til I can swim. I am still changing my drain gauze. Two days till I can stop fussing with paper tape every day after my shower. I miss my moisturixing body wash and my bufpuf

I went shopping yesterday and tried to get excited over cream Soups. Brought them home and attempted to add powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein to these things and three attempts at this ended up in the sink before I gave up and had a Yoplait LIght and Fit Red Velvet Cake.

It's clear to me that I am in the valley of the worst part of the recovery period for a VSG. Nothing is happening, eat your Jello. Just eat your Jello and watch Midred Piece on TV and go to bed at a decent hour. Your metabolic chemistry has undergone something like a nuclear detonation so just shut up and whatever you do, do not go on a rampage and get a bottle of wine and a philly cheese steak at Culvers.

I am on Day 13 since my surgery but I think I'm on Day 2 of gutting it out.

I hit my stall the same day as you. It sucks, but it'll move again soon. Try using chicken broth in a blender with well cooked veggies, so they blend into nothing, and some different spices to change it up. I addEd red peppers and a touch of butter chicken spices. Or add taco spices. It'll change it up so you don't get bored and you can add chicken Unjury and not taste it. Or use unflavoured. I felt the same way around that time of recovery, but it only lasted a couple days. Just try to get excited about the different variety you can make with Soups. It helps. Note though- I couldn't handle too much spice ( and still can't) so start small until you find a good mix for you.

Just keep following doctors orders. You will get out of this with time. (You can remind me of this next week when I hit the 3 week stall)

We had surgery on the same day and I lost 8 pounds the first week and 4 the second. I started on pureed foods on day 6 and soft on day 11. I was so glad I did not have to stay on liquids as long as you and others.

Today is the first day I met my Protein goal, but have been meeting my liquid goal since day 4.

I sure hope it gets better for you!

The scale hasn't moved since last week. That's an initial eighteen pounds at the end of maybe the first week, and nothing thereafter. I think my three week stall came early and I am making myself not think that this might mean I am going to turn out to be a slowpoke loser. I can't start soft food for another seven days. I have to wait eight days til I can swim. I am still changing my drain gauze. Two days till I can stop fussing with paper tape every day after my shower. I miss my moisturixing body wash and my bufpuf

I went shopping yesterday and tried to get excited over cream Soups. Brought them home and attempted to add unjury Protein to these things and three attempts at this ended up in the sink before I gave up and had a Yoplait LIght and Fit Red Velvet Cake.

It's clear to me that I am in the valley of the worst part of the recovery period for a VSG. Nothing is happening, eat your Jello. Just eat your Jello and watch Midred Piece on TV and go to bed at a decent hour. Your metabolic chemistry has undergone something like a nuclear detonation so just shut up and whatever you do, do not go on a rampage and get a bottle of wine and a philly cheese steak at Culvers.

If you like milk based soups like adding 1% milk instead of Water to Campbell's Tomato, Cream of Mushroom, Cream of chicken, etc...you can get powdered milk and add it to the 1 % milk you use and it will double the Protein. Not to mention fill you up more. It's yummy!

I used the Unjury chicken Soup by itself as well, though I added spices to it: garlic, onion powder, etc...But when trying to add the Unjury Unflavored to my soups, it was just nasty!! Just because they call it "unflavored" doesn't mean it has no taste, it means it's not chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, etc...lol

Good luck and keep your chin up. Seems as though the stalls are just part of it. I have been in a stall for a week now, and I am just shy of 4 weeks out. :angry:

My first month I lost 17 lbs in 14 days and then...nothing... for six days...then nothing... for seven days...and then the scale started moving down more regularly. Your poor body really is in shock for a while.

Well this just feeds all my worst fears that is:

I will lose very very slowly, the all time slowest loser ever

I will have the acid thing that so people get that makes them unable to get anything down even Water

I will actually be the first one to steadily gain weight after the sleeve

You know the fear drill...

The unjury doesn't work at temps over 160 degrees, so you need to make sure of that or it clumps. When I got my sample pack from them it came with a thermometer to use to make sure of that. Could that be the problem?

Are you getting all your Water? That is supposed to make a big difference....

I so want this to be a brilliant success for you!

Well this just feeds all my worst fears that is:

I will lose very very slowly, the all time slowest loser ever

I will have the acid thing that so people get that makes them unable to get anything down even Water

I will actually be the first one to steadily gain weight after the sleeve

You know the fear drill...

The unjury doesn't work at temps over 160 degrees, so you need to make sure of that or it clumps. When I got my sample pack from them it came with a thermometer to use to make sure of that. Could that be the problem?

Are you getting all your Water? That is supposed to make a big difference....

I so want this to be a brilliant success for you!

I believe it's over 130 degrees. :D