Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No hunger, yet no fullness

I'm slightly annoyed right now. I'm not hungry, but even while drinking full liquids, I don't know when to stop. (if that makes any sense at all). I'm really grouchy today, It will be a week tomorrow since my surgery date and I'm just not happy right now. I'm constipated, I'm hungry, I don't feel satisfied. My hormones are just out of wack. The nurse who was watching over me at the hospital called to ask if I was ok or had any problems that she could help with, and I told her yes I'm constipated and she tells me I should call the doctor tomorrow and see what he suggests, why the hell would she even ask me if she could help me if she couldn't???? UGH! I'm done ranting for now.

Candace

I'm starving! I was sleeved on April 4th, it'll be a week come Monday since my surgery, and I feel like I could eat a sandwich! I don't have any of the symptoms I've been reading about on here. I've been staying on the liquids, tea, yogurt, broth, and I pureed some lite vegetable Soup yesterday and got 2 meals out of it, but I feel more bloated then I do full. The only discomfort I have is from my outside stitches tugging and feeling itchy, but they are due to come out on Wed., and walking, I walk slow because of all the liquids, I get a cramp in my side if I don't. My stomach is not bothering me at all, even after I pureed the Soup, I don't know if I can last another week on just this type of diet. I'm beginning to wonder if they took out half my stomach or missed and took something else? lol.. Is anyone else feeling like this? Has anyone started adding soft foods to their diet, like soup, in the second week without having to puree everything? What foods can I eat without causing any damage to my stomach? unsure.gif

Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for [link=http://www.weight-loss-center.net/]weight loss[/link]

[link=http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers.html][image noborder]http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers/uploads/tickers/99331d038db6923.gif[/image][/link]

Patience is needed...you are still newbies to the sleeve. You body is adjusting from the shock of surgery, hormones are still in play that make you feel hunger. This will lessen over time. Really. Measure your food/liquids. Sip slowly.

Okay - about Constipation. Wow, remember that one. I wanted family members to clap after my weekly um..... well you know. Was like giving birth almost. Stool softeners help but talk to you doctor.

Okay - about fullness with liquids. Liquids are sliding in and sliding out, so you probably will not feel "full." Do not eat if not according to your surgeons plan guideline as stomach is healing and you do not want food stuck in suture area. You still have hormones in the body making you "feel" hungry. You will learn the difference between head hunger and real hunger (I experience none) as you move along in journey. My signs now are hiccups or in the beginning the frothies/excessive salavia. Fun, huh?

Crazy, but today I have to monitor what I have eaten and at times force protein/food in throughout the day. food is now a different kind of obsession and at times I hate it or enjoy it. Patience this phase will be over soon and onto another phase. Good luck.

I agree with iegal. You will go through so many changes now that the surgery is over. For me, every week was a big difference compared to the previous. Everything is kinda "out of whack" right now, but it should get a lot better over time. Just be patient.

i'm following my doc's instructions on the full liquids for the next 2 wks, thank you guys for all the encouragement cause I sure do need it :)

I remember being hungry during the liquid part of recovery. (It didn't help that it was right before Christmas!) It is a tough time but you will feel better soon. Right now you don't feel good, you are missing your comfort foods and you think that maybe you will feel this hunger forever. Take heart, it will improve and you'll come through to the other side! Also, for the Constipation I mixed in 2 tsp. of Benefiber in a Protein Shake or other drink of my choice. I also mixed in Miralax for a couple of days until the Big event!

The best thing to get instant relief for Constipation is a fleets enema. After that, use Miralax. I put it in Crystal Lite. Make sure your doctor is okay with that.

I was hungry too during the liquid stage. The cream Soups seem to fill me up the best. I ate Soup, but I had to blend them until there were no chunks in them.