Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you handle "Appetizers"?

...but to be honest my hunger went away around the 5th week. Like you it was very active the 3 & 4 week. But it seems once I could eat real food again, it went away.

I can only hope to be so lucky to lose my hunger. Come to think of it, I haven't been real hungry today.

Thanks for the encouragement, 2bslimkim!

We should get together sometime since we're just a hop, skip and a jump from each other.

We stopped eating chips about a yr before I had surgery because my husband had a 'heart' scare....a 95% blockage in one artery and ended up with a stent. He made serious life changes, therefore, so did I!!! We try and catch them and ask them not to bring the chips or else we just don't eat them.....we have them bring an order of corn tortillas instead. (recommended by the cardiac dietitian) Sooooo, since I don't want to take up too much space in my new little tummy, and I too loooooove the salsa, I'll take a half or LESS of a corn tortilla and nibble on it dipped in the salsa. It is wonderful and you'd be surprised how quickly you get use to it and forget about the crunchy chips. Seriously....and I'm a Native Texas girl. We use to get a SECOND basket!!!!! LoL Now that I'm at goal, I will eat maybe three chips if they are on the table, three go a long way when you break them up into little bites. There just isn't much room to eat more than that.

Ok...here's the question. When it comes to Mexican food, I am weak as water!! Love it!! Especially the Salsa!!

So the delima is...they always put the salsa and chips on the table first. How do you NOT eat the salsa before your Protein?

I'm sure several of you have ran into this problem with ALL appetizers. So how do you handle the appetizers? :o

...but to be honest my hunger went away around the 5th week. Like you it was very active the 3 & 4 week. But it seems once I could eat real food again, it went away.

I can only hope to be so lucky to lose my hunger. Come to think of it, I haven't been real hungry today.

Thanks for the encouragement, 2bslimkim!

We should get together sometime since we're just a hop, skip and a jump from each other.

I agree we should...

I agree we should...

Just have to say...I so wish I would have gone too "Simply Fondue" before my surgery. Wanted to go with the girls, but never got the chance. We went to Joe T. Garcia's once but was NOT impressed at all. Well...with the food anyway.

Went to Chuy's the other day for the first time and...Wow! I have to say it is my new FAVORITE Mexican food restaurant to date.

Have an awesome day!!

There is very little Mexican food here, and what little there is mostly sucks. It was always my weakness in the states, so I'm glad it's hard to come by lol. But even at the one Mexican place I like, there is no such thing as free or automatic chips and salsa. If you want them, you have to order them and pay nearly 10 bucks for them...so it's easy to avoid them. OTOH, the margaritas are harder to resist lol...

The problem I've had is that some restaurants will serve an unexpected and unannounced appetizer ('amuse bouche'), which often would be enough food for my entire meal if I ate it. They get a bit offended when you don't eat it, too. Ugh. It can be very awkward if I can't pursuade DH or someone else at my table to eat mine too...especially when I know I'll be attempting to eat only part of an entree later. The whole 'doggie bag' or 'take-away' concept is not really happening here either... Plus, they never tell you what's in the damn things. In the UK or the US, they'd tell you what it is and what the ingredients are, so people with allergies will know not to eat it. I didn't like these things pre-op either, as they often contain stuff I don't like and don't want to eat, which is why I DON'T ORDER IT.

I guess I had some frustration to vent there... :D