Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 month surgiversary and down 30 pounds!!

Yesterday was my 2 month anniversary since surgery and I've lost 30 pounds. The first month I lost pretty quickly and was down about 20 pounds the first 3 weeks. I stalled from Feb. 28 until Mar. 15 and finally lost 1 pound. Over the next 2 weeks, I lost another 3 pounds. So my weight loss definitely slowed down. These past couple of weeks I increased my Water intake and my activity level. I have exercised pretty much every day since about mid-March. Even if I go on a quick 20 minute walk with my dog, I do some form of exercise every day. I am usually at the gym for at least 1 hour. My workout routine looks like this: Mon - Zumba (1 hr.) Tues - Walk/Jog (40 min. or 2 milesish) Wed - Zumba (1 hr.) Thurs - Walk/Jog (40 min. or 2 milesish) plus I take a dance class with my husband at night. Fri - Walk/Jog (40 min. or 2 milesish) or Zumba (1 hr.) If I miss the gym I will do a walking or dancing video at home.

I'm very happy and proud of my results. I feel like I've worked hard for my results. I exercise now with purpose. Before surgery (even with my band) I felt like exercise was almost worthless because no matter how much I worked out, I almost couldn't compensate for all the food I was consuming! Now I eat anywhere from 900-1200 calories a day. Somedays I eat more, especially if I eat out (which I do quite a bit for my business) but if I eat out I add in extra activity to try to make up for the extra calories.

I had this surgery to feel "normal" which I didn't with my band. I had difficulty eating healthy food with the band and now I don't. I do eat Protein first, I drink Isopure and a lot of water and try to keep my carbs down.

Hope this helps anyone who is struggling or considering WLS.

Take care of you!!

As always Genepha, your posts are inspirational to those of us behind you! I am so excited that despite being pregnant I am consistently still losing. Hope that keeps up!

Congrats on the weightloss! Your workout routine is very impressive as well, bet you are feeling better physically and mentally.

Thanks everyone!!

I'm bouncing around 252, 253, 254 this week so I'm going to increase my Protein a bit and decrease the amount of food I'm eating at night. I tend to be a night eater (was before surgery also) but I found that I need a little snack about 30 minutes before bedtime. I don't get "hungry" but do feel a bit empty. Hunger that I experienced before WLS and even with an empty band has been greatly diminished with the plication. I'm seeing Dr. Billy on Thursday and want his scale to register at least a 30 lb. loss as well (you know how doctor's scales are - Grrrr!).

I'm including a meal from today to give an idea of what I'm eating 2+ months out.

Bfast: 1/2 GNC lean Protein Shake (85 calories, 12.5g protein), Water - about 8-10 oz.

Snack: 1/2 yogurt (3 oz, 40 calories) w/ 1/4 c. of Kashi Go Lean Crunch (48 calories) = 78 calories, Water - about 8-10 oz.

Lunch: 3/8 of a turkey burger with 3/8 of the bottom bun only - I know it's a weird fraction but it's more than 1/4 but not quite 1/2! tongue.gif ,about 4 grapes (I was pretty full) (about 280 calories)

No Food Snack, I drank 20 oz of Vitamin Zero water about 1 hour after lunch

Dinner: About 4 Tbsp of Egg salad, 6 Special K crackers, 3 blueberries (guessing about 220 calories), 8-10 oz of water

Snack: (will be) 1 container of yogurt mixed with 2 strawberries and 1/2 c. of Kashi Go Lean crunch (180 calories) *more often than not I can't eat all of this and will save it for tomorrow night's snack, 8-10 oz of water and 1/2 Vitamin Zero water (10 oz.)

My total calories will be around 860 for the day. I worked out this morning and burned 450 calories and plan on doing a Zumba or walking video later tonight to burn about 200 more.

Hope this helps~

Thanks for posting all of this information! Sounds like you are doing great! Congratulations!I wonder if there's something wrong with me. I feel like I can eat a lot more than what you posted at a time. I seem to be getting more hungry these days. I wonder if it's because I've healed up some more and the swelling is going down. I still can't eat like I did before surgery, but I feel like I can eat more than I should be able to at one sitting.Amy

Hi amw, I feel the same. I think this surgery isn't as effective as the sleeve, as I've seen a few others on this forum complaining of the same thing whereas I've only seen one VSGer with the same complaint. I keep quoting these stats but I've not seen much else around.

"overall weight loss was considered satisfactory in 78.6% of the patients who underwent gastric plication and in 97.5% of those who underwent sleeve."

http://www.skrekas.n...mstatistics.htm

Nearly 20% more people are destined to not achieve satisfactory weight loss with GPS than VSG!! sad.gif

Thanks for posting all of this information! Sounds like you are doing great! Congratulations!I wonder if there's something wrong with me. I feel like I can eat a lot more than what you posted at a time. I seem to be getting more hungry these days. I wonder if it's because I've healed up some more and the swelling is going down. I still can't eat like I did before surgery, but I feel like I can eat more than I should be able to at one sitting.Amy

Hi all!

I definitely can eat more but I make sure that I measure everything I can. I follow the philosophy "just because I can doesn't mean I should". I can probably eat 4 oz of dense Protein but I don't want to stuff my new tummy. Do I still overeat at times? Yes. Do I still eat too often because I "think" I'm hungry? Yes.There are days when I eat closer to 1400 calories because I tend to eat out often for my business. On those days I try to work out a bit more. Please remember that I had a Lapband for almost 10 years prior to plication so I've had a lot of time to get used to measuring, chewing and eating this way. It takes time. I have been very interested in how naturally thin people live and eat. Some of the things I've noticed are they almost always keep a loose track of their calories, if they are going to eat out or eat a large meal then they cut back on calories in other meals and they are active on an almost daily basis. I am trying to live this way as well. My goal for the plication is to not only lose weight but to keep it off forever, something I didn't do with the band.

PS I'm still taking a PPI daily and I do think that helps in reducing acid and hunger pangs. I could be totally wrong but I dont plan on going off it.

Tiffykins says the same thing. I tried to get some from my PCP but they wouldn't prescribe it for me, so I'm going to make an appointment to see a different doc soon to see if I can get some.

PS I'm still taking a PPI daily and I do think that helps in reducing acid and hunger pangs. I could be totally wrong but I dont plan on going off it.

I know! I had to practically cry to get another prescription. Luckily DH had horrible acid reflux before he started losing weight and he was prescribed the same PPI so I can always use those as back-up (shhh!).If u can't get a prescription then u'll have to buy it OTC - it's cheaper at costco or u can get coupons on-line.

What is PPI?

WOW congrats!