Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WTF do I wear to this wedding?!

So, I have to go to DH's cousins wedding at the end of the month. I thought that I had a dress that was too small last year that I could wear. I tried to put it on, but apparently I no longer have the boobs to hold the thing up, and it can't be taken in without compromising the dress :(. Makes me sad, because it's a $200 dress I never got to wear.

ANYWAYS....I went shopping, but there is literally NOTHING on the racks that is appealing to me within a 40 mile radius of my house. I'm still a plus size (18 right now I believe, probably a 16 by the end of the month), but everything is just so....matronly I guess. I'm only 22, and I have to find something that looks good on me. I'm getting really concerned about this wedding, and a part of me doesn't even want to go at this point. DH's family has always made me feel inferior, and some of them have made some pretty nasty comments about my ever changing weight. The goal is to look as small as possible, but I'm not finding anything to help me accomplish that.

There has to be a shopaholic somewhere on this site that can point me in the right direction! I love shopping, but to be honest with you, I've never felt so lost inside of the mall in my life!

You can check online. Roamans has some really nice plus sized clothes. I've never bought from them but they're definately not "matronly".

Good luck.

JCPenney's had some CUTE dresses on clearance. There was on I fell in LOVE with!

I was looking online!

good luck!

I feel you on being discouraged with nothing to wear. I love losing weight but it REALLY sucks when you have an event you want to look REALLY good for and you cant find any thing that "looks" right!

I was at Dress Barn which also has plus sizes clothes, they are also available online. I have a wedding in June to attend and my daughters in October. They have some cute ones right now. Good Luck!

Check out Torrid. Expensive but seriously up to date fashions for plus sized young ppl.

You and I have a lot in common! I spent ALL day looking for a dress for my sister in law's wedding next weekend. It took me six hours trying on about 60+ dresses to finally find the one I liked. Due to the skin on my stomach, dresses just don't fit right. I did find one at JC Penneys. Unfortunately this was the last store out of six I went to! I wish I would have went there first. Sigh... Just keep trying. It might help to go with someone who can get you different sizes when you are trying things on. I hope I at least burned lots of calories trying on all those dresses!

Dillards has a lot of nice plus size clothes @ www.dillards.com. They ship them on hangers in a box not in a shipping envelope like so many online sites. I think you could find something trendy there.

Woo hoo!! Did some online shopping. I found not one dress....but 5! I'm sooooooo happy! I bought two from torrid, both have ties below the bust so I can adjust them as I lose weight, bought another floral dress with a waist tie from macy's, and then a super cute a-line in pink from beyourself boutique here in town that I can put a crinoline under to do a sort of rockabilly look (I so love the 50's pinup look), and finally a sundress from coastal wear that I know will only fit for a month or so, but was so cute I couldn't refuse it! The way I see it, I can always sell them on ebay or gift them to members of the VST family when they no longer fit. I spent a grand total of $140, which for me (I'm a bit of a shopaholic) is one heck of an investment. Thanks for all of your advice ladies! It's so hard to find dresses that are fashion forward when you're between sizes like I am, but I think I'm finally clothing prepped for the warmer months. Now to begin accessory and wedge shopping...lol

Dillards, Torrid... Oh, if you have bridal shops in your city like David's Bridal check the clearance racks. They have plus size wear for a great discount that look really nice. I found a beautiful red dress for a formal New Year's Eve party there.

Woo hoo!! Did some online shopping. I found not one dress....but 5! I'm sooooooo happy! I bought two from torrid, both have ties below the bust so I can adjust them as I lose weight, bought another floral dress with a waist tie from macy's, and then a super cute a-line in pink from beyourself boutique here in town that I can put a crinoline under to do a sort of rockabilly look (I so love the 50's pinup look), and finally a sundress from coastal wear that I know will only fit for a month or so, but was so cute I couldn't refuse it! The way I see it, I can always sell them on ebay or gift them to members of the VST family when they no longer fit. I spent a grand total of $140, which for me (I'm a bit of a shopaholic) is one heck of an investment. Thanks for all of your advice ladies! It's so hard to find dresses that are fashion forward when you're between sizes like I am, but I think I'm finally clothing prepped for the warmer months. Now to begin accessory and wedge shopping...lol

Congrats! I am so glad you found something. :)

I own a plus size Rockabilly, swing and vintage online clothing store. You can email or message me if you want more info. I like Torrid a lot as I tend to prefer the 40s and 50s look too but they are pretty expensive.