Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there I am...wow, four days post-op. I ordered powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein and all kinds of other tasty looking clear Protein drinks before I left to get surgery but somehow they got sent to the wrong address. I got back home yesterday with NO Protein so I went to GNC today. All they had was Isopure powder and I bought two bags, chocolate and vanilla.

My question is: Can I eat this if I am supposed to be on clears for the next five days? The guy at the store said it did not mix up clear. Is this the *right* Isopure before I go killing myself due to bad company, bad advice and bad choices?

GNC carries Isopure in bottles that qualify as "clear." The powder, sadly, does not--but you can use it for thin liquids next week.

GNC carries Isopure in bottles that qualify as "clear." The powder, sadly, does not--but you can use it for thin liquids next week.

CRAP. I'm hosed.

:) Okay, problem solved and real Isopure obtained. Wow, that was tricky -- I had to go to another GNC. Boys and girls, don't let this happen to you!

CRAP. I'm hosed.

:) Okay, problem solved and real Isopure obtained. Wow, that was tricky -- I had to go to another GNC. Boys and girls, don't let this happen to you!

Good luck drinking that stuff... maybe it tastes better to you than it did to me. Before getting sleeved, I stopped by GNC and bought a bottle of grape out of the cooler (they said it was their most popular seller). I took one sip and threw the bottle in the trash.

That being said, today being my first morning home from the hospital I mixed a packet of unlfavored unjury into some lemon propel zero for "breakfast", and it wasn't so great either. At least the Isopure stuff is clear instead of "foggy and foamy"!

I actually like the Alpine Punch Isopure liquid. I mix either the whole bottle or 1/2 bottle with Water and 1 packet of Crystal light strawberry. I was unable to drink milk after my surgery so I needed the Protein Drink. I'm 9 weeks out and still drink 1/2 to 1 bottle a day to make sure I make my Protein for the day. Good Luck.

I bought Isopure plus today and think it might be the wrong thing. It is Alpine Punch with 15g Protein, but 33g carbs and 11g sugar. Drove to another town just to get this one item and now should I return it??? It was the only Isopure they had in stock.

I've enjoyed the Zero Carb Isopure vanilla whey for several years in my blended fruit shakes. I get it for over $20 less at vitacost.com than buying it at GNC or a health store. I order alot of my Vitamins there also: B liquid, fish oil, liquid - Natural Vitality Organic Life Vitamins (veggies,fruits,aloe vera, essential vitamins & minerals, amino acids,MSM, chrom.picolinate, selenium, antioxidants),and even a Home Health unscented Almond Glow skin lotion that I love after a shower.

Good luck drinking that stuff... maybe it tastes better to you than it did to me. Before getting sleeved, I stopped by GNC and bought a bottle of grape out of the cooler (they said it was their most popular seller). I took one sip and threw the bottle in the trash.

I had the same reaction, exactly! One sip, and down the drain it went.

I tried the strawberry unjury, and once I got all the clumps dissolved it wasn't horrible. The best shake I've found so far are the Oh Yeah! brand RTDs. Not exactly cost-effective, but they're pretty good. I wish the Atkins shakes had more Protein. The Caramel Latte flavor was unbelievably amazing. Of course, I'm still pre-op so who knows what I'll end up liking.

I bought Isopure plus today and think it might be the wrong thing. It is Alpine Punch with 15g Protein, but 33g carbs and 11g sugar. Drove to another town just to get this one item and now should I return it??? It was the only Isopure they had in stock.

Take it back!

My doctor's rule of thumb is single digits carbs and double digits Protein. That has way too much carbs and sugar.

The Isopure Apple is pretty good. I also mix the Alpoine Punch with crystal light and some Water and drink it at the gym. Not bad and the big bottles have 40g of Protein.< /p>

Hey there I am...wow, four days post-op. I ordered powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein and all kinds of other tasty looking clear Protein drinks before I left to get surgery but somehow they got sent to the wrong address. I got back home yesterday with NO Protein so I went to GNC today. All they had was Isopure powder and I bought two bags, chocolate and vanilla.

My question is: Can I eat this if I am supposed to be on clears for the next five days? The guy at the store said it did not mix up clear. Is this the *right* Isopure before I go killing myself due to bad company, bad advice and bad choices?

You can probably exchange the choc. and vanilla for the Isopure that comes in clears in bottles. There are many flavors. The fruit punch one seems to be popular as well as the grape.

If you tasted it and liked it, you could save it for full liquids.

I had the same reaction, exactly! One sip, and down the drain it went.

I tried the strawberry unjury, and once I got all the clumps dissolved it wasn't horrible. The best shake I've found so far are the Oh Yeah! brand RTDs. Not exactly cost-effective, but they're pretty good. I wish the Atkins shakes had more Protein. The Caramel Latte flavor was unbelievably amazing. Of course, I'm still pre-op so who knows what I'll end up liking.

Now that I've had a few more days post-op to experiment, I learned a couple things. Since I'm on clears only, I need Proteins that work well with Water... I've already found a number of them that go well with milk from my "pre-op experimentation".

I bought a bunch of Unjury single packs including the strawberry Sorbet like you mentioned. I actually thought I'd have it around for my wife, but once I tried it I drank them all myself! I've been mixing Crystal Light lemonade powder and Unjury Strawberry into 18 ounces of Water, and it tastes pretty good... a strawberry lemonade concoction. Any less water and it's too strong for me and harder to mix.

Also, I'm learning to let the shaker bottle settle in the fridge for awhile before trying it, and sometimes it's nice to use ice to keep that stuff cold!

First of all, I was told by my doctor that it doesn't really matter if you don't add Protein the first 10 days during the clear stage. If you are worried about it not being clear, then just wait.

Secondly, I have found all Protein supplements to be totally nasty. I hate all of them. So, as a result, I have decided to not have any protein until I am allowed to eat normally. I'm sure I'll get some in when I get to the mushy stage, but I really plan on no protein until I'm eating solid food again.

I am never hungry since surgery, I have enough energy for the things I need to do, surely one month with no protein won't hurt me.

(Sometimes I'm going to do what I want to do and having no protein supplement is one of those times.)

Fly