Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Atkins shakes are as good if not better than Optifast

Please don't take this post wrong. I am not saying Optifast is not good, I am just telling you what a Optifast dotor told me yesterday that kinda has me smiling.

I went to an authorized doctor for Optifast who is also an internal med doc. I am a researcher and already knew the nutritional facts but still had to ask. I pulled out one of my pre-mixed cartons of Atkins shakes and told him that for a pre-op of my own, I have been taking this (Atkins) and wondered how that (Optifast) was any different. He said let's see...read the info side by side and the only difference was Atkins had 2 carbs and Optifast had 20. Also Atkins had 9 grams of fat and Optifast had 3-6 I think. But the most shocking part was to hear him tell me that he had never seen nor heard of them and asked where I got them and how much did they cost? When I told him about 6$ for 4 he said, "Wow, really? Then why are you here wanting to spend $15 for the same thing?" Hubbylooked at me as if to say wtf? The doctor went on to say that with a 18 pound loss in less than 20 days while eating a meal a day and fruit snack was a lot cheaper than his shakes and that there are probably others that do the same as his and Atkins but people would rather have a tested product than not. But he said he had read that Atkins was in the long term better for those who were carb sensitive like myself and the Optifast shakes would not work as good for people like me. He ended the consultation by saying he could put me on them anyway for a month to see for about $15 a day and $55 per week office visit but of course I said no thanks.

That made me wonder if some people who can't lose on shakes or diets like myself and go to doctors for supervision and guidance are really getting personalized service. But that is why I always research and make my decision on what I need instead of what others say. If I had not, a $120+ dollars would have been spent for nothing because if I eat more than 20 carbs a day, I may not lose so I know 100 carbs a day would have had me gaining back what I worked to get off. By the way, woke up this morning and down another pound....so idk about others but for me, a cheap low carb shake is better than the really expensive ones like that and I am soooo glad cause, I can't afford that and my surgery too.

I love the Atkins shakes, personally. Except that Dark chocolate one... It is kind of grainy. I picked up like 20 packages last week because Publix had them buy one get one free for 4.99. It was a great deal. The only thing I want to do is compare Atkins with Premier shakes since they have 30 grams of Protein, but I have been hearing some wonky things about their flavor now.

Wishes

I love the Atkins shakes, personally. Except that Dark chocolate one... It is kind of grainy. I picked up like 20 packages last week because Publix had them buy one get one free for 4.99. It was a great deal. The only thing I want to do is compare Atkins with Premier shakes since they have 30 grams of Protein, but I have been hearing some wonky things about their flavor now.

Wishes

Wow, BOGO?! can you send me some here lol. The cheapest I have caught them is $4. I have not found the powder mix someone told me they had but I like the premixed ones. I have not heard of Premier Shakes but will look them up. All shakes are nasty to me so the taste is not as important as the carbs. Body Fortress is good also but I only use that if I run out of the Atkins. The dark chocolate is okay, I don't seem to tolerate the caramel ones though. Way too sweet for me.

Premade I always drink Atkins, if i'm buying powder it's EAS I just picked up a 12 packs at Sams club last week i'm finally ready to start drinking them again after 8 months. I used them a lot preop and then part of my plan call for these shakes for a total of 6 weeks (2 weeks prior, and 4 weeks after) to some extent.

I've found Atkins to be very tasty and less expensive than others for the nutrition. I like the premixed forb convenience as well as the Cookies and bars. Check out the Atkins website. Also, they are fairly easy to find at Walgreens and grocery stores.

I love the Atkins shakes too and enjoyed reading about the comparison to Optifast. It is all a matter of taste though as the dark chocolate one is my favorite and I can drink the caramel one but don't like it nearly as much. I won't buy that flavor again when I run out.

I LOVE the Atkins shakes but it had to much fat so I changed over to unjury Classic chocolate ... I got a Blender Bottle for work to make my shakes but at home I put some crushed ice and skim milk with the powder and use a handheld drink blender and make it frothy and cold like a shake and it's SO GOOD... :) The Blender Bottle is excellent for work if you can't stand the consistency of some of them.. :)

I have to be on a liquid clear Protein shake i'm told... WHAT is that?? LOL

I think the added fat may be what's helping me lose. I notice everyday that I drink them and add a meal of just regular meat with skin or average fat, I drop weight the next day. But like some people can have the extra carbs and I can't, I guess the extra fat is ok for me.

As for clear liquid protien, I think it means no milk only Water. Which is nasty as heck to me! I really don't know why your doc don't allow 1-2% with the protien shakes but good luck on them!

I LOVE the Atkins shakes but it had to much fat so I changed over to powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Classic chocolate ... I got a Blender Bottle for work to make my shakes but at home I put some crushed ice and skim milk with the powder and use a handheld drink blender and make it frothy and cold like a shake and it's SO GOOD... :) The Blender Bottle is excellent for work if you can't stand the consistency of some of them.. :)

I have to be on a liquid clear Protein shake i'm told... WHAT is that?? LOL