Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chicken Broth

I am not much of a cook my hubby usually does that but he works nights and I work days. But I am on the 3rd day of my pre-op diet (it is rough) and I am trying to eat some chicken broth and it just isn't tasting that good. Added some pepper, but not helping enough. Any other secrets. My pre-op is basically 4 Protein Drinks a day, and Broth, SF Jello, Popsicles 2 servings of fruit a day. Not much to work with when you still have a full appetite. But 5 pounds down in 2.5 days. Please help, 2 weeks of this is gonna be awful. Thank God I at least have the chocolate Amp 60 from GNC, that is awesome especially with some SF Torani Raspberry.

There is a difference in broth! ~ Try the Butterball brand!

I am not much of a cook my hubby usually does that but he works nights and I work days. But I am on the 3rd day of my pre-op diet (it is rough) and I am trying to eat some chicken broth and it just isn't tasting that good. Added some pepper, but not helping enough. Any other secrets. My pre-op is basically 4 Protein drinks a day, and broth, SF Jello, Popsicles 2 servings of fruit a day. Not much to work with when you still have a full appetite. But 5 pounds down in 2.5 days. Please help, 2 weeks of this is gonna be awful. Thank God I at least have the chocolate Amp 60 from GNC, that is awesome especially with some SF Torani Raspberry.

Ha- this is funny- I was just going to ask you what the preop diet looks like- (ur going with Dr. Malley right) - and then I found you posted this- Does it matter what type of Protein Drinks? I need to try my Injury chicken Soup and see if I need to buy a bigger supply. Have you tried that- ?

Ha- this is funny- I was just going to ask you what the preop diet looks like- (ur going with Dr. Malley right) - and then I found you posted this- Does it matter what type of Protein drinks? I need to try my Injury chicken Soup and see if I need to buy a bigger supply. Have you tried that- ?

Yes, Going to Dr. Malley. It says any shake as long as it s under 200 calories and low sugar with aprox 20 grams of Protein. The only upside is the 2 cups per day you can have of Gatorade, skim milk (this is in addition to making your protein drinks, SHERBET!, and Diet Soda which I am trying to quit because I abuse Dt. Drinks and had a Migraine Monday from caffeine withdraws. And 2 serving of fruit either alone or in your drink. Other then that just any SF drinks, broth and jell-o and Popsicles, that's it. It's hard when you still have a full appetite.

I do have some samples of the chicken soup but they are at work. I do have some on their way via UPS though. I am so hoping they are as good as everyone says. I also just bought some veggie stock tonight and I can't do that either, just yuck my taste-buds will never be the same. But this is coming from someone that is a picky eater and doesn't like stuff like, eggs, onions, mushrooms, most seafood (thank God I like tuna, cod and salmon) and a lot of other veggies.

Yes, Going to Dr. Malley. It says any shake as long as it s under 200 calories and low sugar with aprox 20 grams of Protein. The only upside is the 2 cups per day you can have of Gatorade, skim milk (this is in addition to making your Protein drinks, SHERBET!, and Diet Soda which I am trying to quit because I abuse Dt. drinks and had a Migraine Monday from caffeine withdraws. And 2 serving of fruit either alone or in your drink. Other then that just any SF drinks, broth and jell-o and Popsicles, that's it. It's hard when you still have a full appetite.

I do have some samples of the chicken Soup but they are at work. I do have some on their way via UPS though. I am so hoping they are as good as everyone says. I also just bought some veggie stock tonight and I can't do that either, just yuck my taste-buds will never be the same. But this is coming from someone that is a picky eater and doesn't like stuff like, eggs, onions, mushrooms, most seafood (thank God I like tuna, cod and salmon) and a lot of other veggies.

Ha, Your better off than me- I don't like seafood at all and no mushrooms- so probably not going to go there with the veggie stock- yeah - I tried the other day to not drink my usual Rt. 44 diet coke- but by the end of the day my husband was like I am going to get you one RIGHT NOW lol- and my head hurt soo bad- I think I might go ahead and start it in the morning- kinda frustrated right now- my insurance approved me March 10th but would not send the paper to the office for some reason and they just got it today- and Rachel who schedules the surgery is out of the office till Monday- how long did they schedule you out from when you called to get your date? They said when I started it would be 3-4 weeks- then I saw you were having surgery on Monday the 11th - when I called they said they only did the sleeve at Menorah on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays- Oh- and during my consultation with Dr. Malley- he said that he and Dr. Furhing would be in there- is that what you were told? I never even thought to ask him to about having a drain tube and when that would come out- I guess I need to make a list lol - ok sorry to bother you with all this have a great night!

Ha, Your better off than me- I don't like seafood at all and no mushrooms- so probably not going to go there with the veggie stock- yeah - I tried the other day to not drink my usual Rt. 44 diet coke- but by the end of the day my husband was like I am going to get you one RIGHT NOW lol- and my head hurt soo bad- I think I might go ahead and start it in the morning- kinda frustrated right now- my insurance approved me March 10th but would not send the paper to the office for some reason and they just got it today- and Rachel who schedules the surgery is out of the office till Monday- how long did they schedule you out from when you called to get your date? They said when I started it would be 3-4 weeks- then I saw you were having surgery on Monday the 11th - when I called they said they only did the sleeve at Menorah on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays- Oh- and during my consultation with Dr. Malley- he said that he and Dr. Furhing would be in there- is that what you were told? I never even thought to ask him to about having a drain tube and when that would come out- I guess I need to make a list lol - ok sorry to bother you with all this have a great night!

NO, it's OK ask away! Yes, you will have a drain and I think it is for 7-10 days including your hospital. They called me I think it was the first week of March and we determined I was not going to be covered by insurance. So I spoke with the hubby that weekend we called and upped our Care Credit and I called back on Monday and said I would do it and they called me a few days later with my date of the 11th. I though she said they only did them once or twice a month which they do lap bands twice a week which is sad. She did not mention that Dr. Malley would be in there. I just got a call yesterday and my surgery is schedule for 10:45 on the 11th and have to be there by 8am in the hospital till some time on the 13th.

I started drinking less dt. pop last week but had no caffine over the weekend and I think that did me in. So stating Monday I have had very little caffeine with either 1 dt. pop a day or today I have a big glass of unsweet tea that was 1/2 caffinated 1/2 Decaf. So I am going to wean off of it instead of cold turkey. My Migraine was bad, hubby had to take me to the ER at 1:00am on Monday morning and 3 shots and 3 hours later back at home and off work on Monday. It sucked bad!

NO, it's OK ask away! Yes, you will have a drain and I think it is for 7-10 days including your hospital. They called me I think it was the first week of March and we determined I was not going to be covered by insurance. So I spoke with the hubby that weekend we called and upped our Care Credit and I called back on Monday and said I would do it and they called me a few days later with my date of the 11th. I though she said they only did them once or twice a month which they do lap bands twice a week which is sad. She did not mention that Dr. Malley would be in there. I just got a call yesterday and my surgery is schedule for 10:45 on the 11th and have to be there by 8am in the hospital till some time on the 13th.

I started drinking less dt. pop last week but had no caffine over the weekend and I think that did me in. So stating Monday I have had very little caffeine with either 1 dt. pop a day or today I have a big glass of unsweet tea that was 1/2 caffinated 1/2 Decaf. So I am going to wean off of it instead of cold turkey. My Migraine was bad, hubby had to take me to the ER at 1:00am on Monday morning and 3 shots and 3 hours later back at home and off work on Monday. It sucked bad!

Maybe the thursdays were when they do the lap-band at the hospital- so we stay two nights? Oh my I was hoping I wouldn't go home with the drain- ugh! I have had 8 other surgeries and all but two were abdominal- and never had a drain so that is kinda freaking me out- Oh my 3 shots later!! that is what I am afraid of - I drink ALOT of Diet Coke- but I bought some Propel water- I like it- but I need to check the sugar on it- not sure if there is any- but it goes down fast like the soda so I think I will work on that. Thanks! and keep me posted!

Maybe the thursdays were when they do the lap-band at the hospital- so we stay two nights? Oh my I was hoping I wouldn't go home with the drain- ugh! I have had 8 other surgeries and all but two were abdominal- and never had a drain so that is kinda freaking me out- Oh my 3 shots later!! that is what I am afraid of - I drink ALOT of Diet Coke- but I bought some Propel water- I like it- but I need to check the sugar on it- not sure if there is any- but it goes down fast like the soda so I think I will work on that. Thanks! and keep me posted!

I had a Tummy Tuck 3 years ago and had 2 drains for 2 weeks and it is awful and gross so not looking forward to that again. I was just at Walmart tonight and they had Propel 0cal and it was cheaper then Vitamin Water and Sobe at .88 ech as compared to 1.00 ech. I grabbed me some Grape. Although I did have to pick up a few Sobe 0 cal Macintosh Apple Cherry Life Water which are insanely flavorful and awesome along with the Pear. Just be sure to gradullay slow the caffine down and don't do it all at once. I did read somewhere to take a big saftey pin with you and I have to agree there, much easier whey they aren't swinging and stay in place.

I had a Tummy Tuck 3 years ago and had 2 drains for 2 weeks and it is awful and gross so not looking forward to that again. I was just at Walmart tonight and they had Propel 0cal and it was cheaper then Vitamin Water and Sobe at .88 ech as compared to 1.00 ech. I grabbed me some Grape. Although I did have to pick up a few Sobe 0 cal Macintosh Apple Cherry Life Water which are insanely flavorful and awesome along with the Pear. Just be sure to gradullay slow the caffine down and don't do it all at once. I did read somewhere to take a big saftey pin with you and I have to agree there, much easier whey they aren't swinging and stay in place.

Oh my safety pin- they are that long- ugh- I think I feel naususated already- blaah! Nope not liking that at all. :( I will try some Sobe I have never had that before- I like the propel-= and when you drink half the bottle you can fill it up with plain water and still get a good taste- makes it last a bit longer. :)

I had a bi-lateral mastectomy 2 years ago and had the tubes also. I had mine for 6 wks. yuck !! I dread the tube again, but 2 days I think I can handle. The safety pin is a must I agree. I always had mine pinned to my sweat jacket so you couldn't see them.

Just a sacrifice I am willing to do again.

My docotr syas it is okay to add 2 cups of broccoli and cauliflower to the broth (up to 2 ups of broccoli and cauliflower in a day). Ask if you can do that. Then I put garlic powder, salt and pepper.

I swear by "Better than Bouillon", it costs a little more, but it tastes so much better and has less sodium.

I am not much of a cook my hubby usually does that but he works nights and I work days. But I am on the 3rd day of my pre-op diet (it is rough) and I am trying to eat some chicken broth and it just isn't tasting that good. Added some pepper, but not helping enough. Any other secrets. My pre-op is basically 4 Protein drinks a day, and broth, SF Jello, Popsicles 2 servings of fruit a day. Not much to work with when you still have a full appetite. But 5 pounds down in 2.5 days. Please help, 2 weeks of this is gonna be awful. Thank God I at least have the chocolate Amp 60 from GNC, that is awesome especially with some SF Torani Raspberry.