Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HEY GUYS,

WELL TODAY WAS THE DAY FOR ME TO START ON A pureed DIET AND I WAS SO EXCITED BUT IT TURNED OUT HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS DAMN NEAR ABOUT TO VOMIT! I pureed POTATOES AND HAMBURGER! MAYBE IT WAS THE HAMBURGER meat IDK! BUT I AM STICKING TO JUST pudding, Protein shakes, Jello, broth, AND CREAM Soups BECAUSE THAT WAS HORRIBLE! CAN I DO THAT???

Yes by all means if pureed food is turning your stomach stick with what works - the liquid / soft diet. I too had this problem and didn't eat pureed stuff regularly for a week or so after I was supposed to start on them. No harm can be caused by sticking to the liquid / soft diet.

The meat may have been a bit much this early out. Beef is hard on some people.

Something that was suggested for me early in the pureed process was mac-n-cheese. Yes, it sounds disgusting. But is was surprisingly tasty after haivng only liquids. Make mac-n-cheese as normal, but add a little extra milk and put in the blender.

Applesauce with a little unflavored Protein powder is also a good choice.

Best of luck!

HEY GUYS,

WELL TODAY WAS THE DAY FOR ME TO START ON A pureed DIET AND I WAS SO EXCITED BUT IT TURNED OUT HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS DAMN NEAR ABOUT TO VOMIT! I pureed POTATOES AND HAMBURGER! MAYBE IT WAS THE HAMBURGER meat IDK! BUT I AM STICKING TO JUST pudding, Protein shakes, Jello, broth, AND CREAM Soups BECAUSE THAT WAS HORRIBLE! CAN I DO THAT???

Oh no! What grossed you out? Did it not sit well on your new tummy? Or was it the taste or texture? Very interesting.

I know since surgery my smeller is off. Unless someone is cooking with very STRONG spices I can't really smell food like before. With that said, I do still get hungry. But not starving. I think most of the time it is head hunger. In the few days after surgery I would get kind of get upset when my family would eat burgers and fries or pizza around me, but yesterday I took a friend around running her errands and she was hungry so I asked if she wanted me to stop and let her get something. We were passing a "Whataburger" and I said how about here? I asked did she want to eat inside or go thru the drive-thru? She said, "Wouldn't that bother you to go inside with me?" I told her no. We got inside she ordered and got her food and I was totally good!

This was a shock to me because that is one of my favorite places to eat!! Even though we were dinning in I could barely smell the burgers and fries! Wow! I am simply amazed! I do crave old food but it's not from smells but commercials I see. Weird, huh?

I have one more week on fluids and I go straight to soft foods. I have compiled a list of foods I can eat and have posted it on my fridge. I am very excited to have regular tasting food...so sick of all the sweet liquids. Especially the Protein shakes!!

I boiled eggs, and had rotisserie chicken and used chicken broth to thin it, it was surprisingly tasty,

so hard to come up with ideas... home made split pea has by far been my fave! 14 grams of protein(plus whatever from the bacon and chicken broth)per 1/4 cup, I find it hard to swallow, or have anything sit well if it's not liquid, tho.

friday I get to start mushies, which doesn't seem to be much of a difference.

I am in the same boat...was looking forward to pureed and then did one day of it and said h__l no! I went back on liquids, mainly Protein Shakes and Soups but have been having some other things not pureed but in super tiny bites which I chew atleast 30 times. Tonight I ate one piece of bacon and took fingertip size bites and chewed them 30 times...wow it takes along time to eat a little of nothing but it is much better then the pureed crap. Last night I ate 2 oz of steak for dinner...once again fingertip size bites...and chewed 30 plus times ber bite. I had no problem with these items going down. Good luck and do what works for you...just stick to low carb whatever you do for the best results.

HEY GUYS,

MY SURGEON JUST DOES MUSHIES AND I LOVED THE PINTOS WITH cheese OR AVACODO ON TOP,SOFT COOKED eggs,COTTAGE cheese MIXED WITH SF INSTANT pudding TO CHANGE THE TASTE AND smoothies WITH Protein Powder ARE GREAT!!

Slowly does it... i'm 5 weeks out and I can say i've never pureed anything (the thought turns my stomach). I do eat mushy foods and like a new born baby i introduce them into my new baby tummy one at a time and very slowly.

my first soft food was cottage cheese. that was very easy for me. My second was tuna salad. I use fat free mayo and a little Sweet relish (very little) just for flavor. I mush with my fork till it is very soft and mushy (not pureed). Yogurt is another good food to start with.

Think of feeding a baby... first they have a liquid diet, then you slowly introduces foods one at a time to make sure the baby doesn't have a reaction to it. Same thing goes for you.... Don't think of it as trying to have a 2 or 3 item meal just yet.

I also introduced (this week) scrambled hamburger meat (very lean and all grease removed) with a little Pasta sauce sauce on it. I also enjoy a scrambled egg with a little goat cheese added to it for texture and added Protein and flavor.

Also... considere skipping on the potatoes until you have eaten your Protein. Try mashed potatoes after you have had a small meat ball that has been mushed up with your fork very well with a little Tomato sauce.

Chew very slowly.... all foods.

My Dr. allows also, thinly sliced deli meat. about 3 slices of 96% fat free is a great snack. I don't puree it. I just take very small bite... and chew chew chew. I sometimes spread a little hummus on it for extra flavor and protein.

I hope this helps you a little. Tonight i went out with friends to a BBQ rest. and I had a small amount of Beans mashed and the butcher cut me some white meat turkey into very small bites with some sauce on the side. This was very good and even thou i was only able to eat a few bites of the turkey i felt like i was eating with my friends and it took me as long to eat a few once's of food as them to eat a whole BBQ platter. ohmy.gif

Anyway... Good luck. Just slow down and think New baby tummy.

PS. I was in my 4th week before I started mushy food.