Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One of the reasons I decided to go with the sleeve rather than the band is that there's no vomiting. I hate vomiting. In fact, I've been vomit-free since 2003 (it rhymes!).

I read that sleeved people do no puke as often, and only once or twice before they learn their stomach's limits. Is it true? How many times did you vomit, all in all?

Thanks.

Nearly 4 months out and I have not vomited once. I've had the rolling hot Water sensation in my throat a few times but it passed, thank God!

While sitting in my hotel room 2 days post-op I nearly hurled - and I think it was mostly stress related. It soon passed and I was fine.

almost 2 months out no puking here :D The first thing you learn about you tum tum is how much food it would hold and the feeling you get before getting full.. I start hic-ups right before I get sick. So I know when this happens I put the brakes on the food..You will learn really quickly signs to tell ya you need to stop because your stomach is full before you brain says hey your full!!! It is really challenging..

Sorry - I vomit yet this is not a common occurrence I need to constantly watch. Should I overeat now by completely ignoring my full signals, I vomit. This is a rarity. Now I have two things that make me retch which are overeating (bad me for eating to quickly) and when other people retch with me close by.

I have no regrets and love my sleeve.

Samantha it is the mechanics of the sleeve.. if you eat more than your stomach can hold it will come up really fast. YOur stomach gets full before your head tell you to stop. So the slower you eat the better outcome you will have..

Samantha it is the mechanics of the sleeve.. if you eat more than your stomach can hold it will come up really fast. YOur stomach gets full before your head tell you to stop. So the slower you eat the better outcome you will have..

As is vomiting with excessive food consumption with a NORMAL sized stomach the only thing that has changed is the amount of food it takes to make you vomit.

I vomitted when trying new food. My stomach did not like Trader Joe's salmon patties at 7 weeks or trout at 9 weeks. I have not vomitted from eating too much or too fast.

I did once vomit on a hamburger patty. I either took too big of a bite or the meat was overcooked. That was the only time, otherwise no problems at all. With the band, you could throw up on any item at any time without any warning. I so DON'T miss it! : )

I vomit if I eat to much or something that my stomach does not like... The eating too much is my own fault, but sometimes I eat new things or even stuff I have had before and my little tummy jst revolts against it. I am 9 months out so it happens a lot less then in the beginning (probably 10-12 times a month) (currently maybe 4-5 times a month).

there is no guarentee but i'm sure it is still a lot less then with the band..

Every once in a while, maybe once every few weeks, I don't chew something properly and then it doesn't sit well with me. I don't feel nauseous, but I feel pressure in my chest, and if I productive-burp (not vomit per se) some of the food, it relieves the discomfort. It was a more common occurence for me in the first 3 months post-surgery.

I have always had a "nervous" stomach. I would vomit starting out on a trip, or if I would be extremely nervous. I did not have any episodes since I was sleeved Dec 1st until tonight for the first time. Basically I ate too fast, took too big of bites and did not chew properly. I started to feel uncomfortable in my chest and should have stopped but I took another few bits. I learned my lesson. It was not a full through up but I did have the "foamies" and spit up a few times then I felt a little better. My husband and I went for a walk and with a few more burps, the episode was over. I definately do not want to repeat that experience. Everyone is different but I think the main thing is take your time eating, small bites and chew properly. As for introducing new foods, my Nut said to take a bite and then wait about 5 minutes or so and if stays down well, continue but if it upsets you. Wait a few days or week and then try again. I have no regrets and now wait anxiously for my husband to have his done-just approved today for April 13.

I'm 8-1/2 weeks out and have not vomited. I did come close a couple of times from eating too fast. Burping helps me, too. Also I discovered that if I ate a bite too much, taking a Tums smoothies tablet helps a lot.

Hi I am six months out I think I might have vomited 4-5 times and the last time was about 3 months ago. This is probably TMI but it wasn't so much as vomiting it was more like how a baby spits up. I think it tends to happen the first few months.