Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OT: Recent Movies

I liked that movie "RV" with Robin Williams. We laughed out loud several times in the theater. Very funny

Oh my goodness, I cant believe I forgot to mention that we saw RV. I nearly pee'd in my pants from laughing... the giant rollin turd! This is a MUST SEE movie for older kids and parents/adults(Marcus is 10 and loved it - Anne is 5 and didnt get a lot of the jokes, she was a little bored in places)!!!

I walk the line: GREAT MOVIE and I am not a johnny cash fan

My parents told us that this was an awesome show. Is it sad?? (I dont remember what they said) But Ive only heard great things about it.

We got the movie Flight Plan (with Jodie Foster) for my dad for Fathers Day. Thats another one I want to see, but will probably take 6 months to schedule it into our show time.

Ive never heard of Transamerica OR Hoot - what are these about?

My DH and I don't have any kids in the house either, but we still seem to watch more "Kiddie" movies than anything else. Paula, I'm with you on the brain programmed thing! lol

HOwever, I do want to see "Dead mans chest"

We just saw "TransAmerica" last night and we also loved it!! Soooo well done!

Hmmm recent movies I saw:

RV: liked it a lot...nice light comical movie

Lakehouse: y'all already know I loved it!

The Breakup: okaaaay but not fabulous...it didn't quite meet my expectations.

Yup...I also can't wait to see "Pirates of the Carribean"...it comes out a couple of days prior to my b'day so I told hubby that would be my "b'day move". I can't wait to see it!!! I also love Mr. Depp!

And....let us not forget "Superman Returns"....it comes out in just 3 more days!!! YEEEEEHAAAA!!!!! We are going to go see it on Wed in 3D at the IMAX theatre. Apparently, whenever Clark Kent is in his Superman suit, you put on the 3D glasses and everything is in 3D....it should be GRRRREAT and we're reallllly excited about it (especially my freako husband!!!)!!!!

Da Vinci Code movie-Not so great

Da Vinci Code book-Really great

Can't wait for The Devil Wears Prada-the book was great and I think it should translate well to the screen

Saw Rumor Has It on pay for view-um, ok-a little wierd but ok.

We just saw Cars this weekend....or should I say I saw half of it. My 3yr old sat through the entire thing with my DH, but my 5 yr old got bored. After the second trip to the potty, we decided to take a walk. The most amazing thing happened. The owner of the theater asked if we wanted a pass to get back in and I told him no. He wrote me out a pass for all 4 of us to come back ANYTIME to see it again!! :wow2: He said he understood that some kids just don't like to sit still for that long, but maybe my son will want to see what he missed. I couldn't have thanked him enough and bragged about how great it was to receive such high customer service especially in this day & age. Isn't that refreshing to get treated so well? I will tell people about this place and encourage people to go. :popcorn:

The bad thing is we walked to a coffee house and I had a very sinful coffee called a grasshopper. It was chocolate coffee with mint. I was still thinking about that silly drink on Sat. :P It would be very easy for me to become addicted to that place. :confused:

We are thinking of taking the kids to see CARS as their first theatre movie. they are at the point where they can sit through a whole movie here at the house, so I am assuming this will work. LOL

My son is obsessed with superman so we can't wait for that to come out.

the lakehouse I have no desire to see because I also saw the movie with the letters in the desk drawer and it was boring. LOL I love keanu, but I am not a big fan of sandra.

I really want to see over the hedge.

Nanny mcfee is off our list cause my daughter thinks she is scary looking. She won't even go there LOL

I missed xmen so I am waiting for that to come out on dvd.

We have missed so many movies in the theatre because of the kids. We have a 100" tv screen at home though so watching movies at home is like being at the theatre. and the kids can make all the noise they want. LOL

But I did want to mention the movie we watched last night.... I fought seeing King Kong as long as I could cuz I really wasnt interested..AT ALL!! But hubby got it for his birthday...SOOOOOOOOO lol It was really good, I must say. I even cried at the end. I never saw the original, and was happily surprised. I watched it again today along with 1 of my all time favorite movies, First Knight...LOVE IT!!!! Makes me laugh to, I just love the Chaucer characte. Hubby liked it too...LOL ya hes such a boy, had to rewind to watch the jousting scenes again...

OMG my son loves first knight!! We own it, and everytime we watch it he sings "we will rock you" for about 4 days after. And he is 3. Try explaining to people in public why your 3 year old is singing Queen songs. LOL

Eliza and I went to see Cars just on the spur of the moment, went down to Fountain Gate to do some grocery shopping and there's a huge movie complex there too, so I just said what the heck. It wasnt holidays, a weekend, special occasion just 11 am on a Tuesday. I bought her some popcorn and myself a coffee and in we went. We loved it.

I took all 3 to see Ice Age and Doug took them to see Over the Hedge last weekend so I could study for my exam.

The boys went in on their own to see The Benchwarmers whilst I did some shopping.

My 3yr old sat through the entire thing with my DH, but my 5 yr old got bored.

How Funny! MY 3 yr old was GLUED to the screen for Cars. But he likes loud engines, monster wheels... you know, car stuff. He didnt sit as well with Over the Hedge.

My little girl - she's 5 - lost interest in Cars a couple of times. But sat undistrubed through Hedge... go figure?!

So you have FREE movie passes to see this one again - that owner is one-of-a-kind!

The boys went in on their own to see The Benchwarmers whilst I did some shopping.

I couldnt remember this one's name. My sister brought my older 2 to see it at the dollar theater. Marcus - LOVED - it. My sister said it had lots of cussing and sexual references.... she was dissappointed! What did your boys think about it?

Nanny mcfee is off our list cause my daughter thinks she is scary looking. She won't even go there

Amy, this is like a modern day Mary Poppins. At the beginning of the movie, Nanny McPhee was UGLY because the kids were ugly. As the kids got better, Nanny McP started looking better.

"I did knock..." hehe

Meow, I know what you mean about King Kong - not wanting to see it. I still havent gotten my gumption up to watch it on DVD.

Took the family to see Cars on Father's Day. It was the cutest movie I've seen in a while. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it and would gladly see it again.

I wanna bring the kids to see Shaggy Dog - is it any good?

We went to the Shaggy Dog and I really liked it, my son is 8 and he liked it too. I would definately recommend it!!

Cars was really good, RV was hilarious! Benchwarmers was good.

We watched glory road tonight. It is a disney movie about blacks playing basketball in 1965 for a Texas University. Controversial, but really good.

We do mostly rentals because we have one of those Blockbusters "movie pass" things where you pay them $30.00 a month and can have two movies out at a time - no late fees.

Last movie we saw in a theatre was "Brokeback Mountain". I thought it was very good, if you think of it as a love story and forget the gay cowboy thing. I liked Transamerica, too. My DH says he is tired of gay movies. Two in one year is about one too many for him.

Flight Plan was great...if you like thrillers and Jody Foster (which I do). Walk the Line was spectacular...deserved every award it got and then some.

Mr and Mrs Smith was the dumbest movie I have seen in a long time.