Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OT: Recent Movies

Since the summer began, I've seen several movies... (mostly kiddie shows)

Over the Hedge

Cars

Ice Age

Lake House

Over the Hedge was AWESOME!!!!! I laughed as much - if not more - then then kids. Its a great show.

Lake House (with Keanu Reeves & Sandra Bullock) was a total thumbs down. Mike thought it was OK - but kept reminding me that I picked it out! :) It didnt make sense. Very big dissapointment considering the actors in it.

What about y'all...

seen anything good lately?

I wanna bring the kids to see Shaggy Dog - is it any good?

I LOVED Lake House!! I have been raving about it to all my friends. My daughter was with me & totally didn't get it either. But, it's one of those kinda like Sixth Sense where you have to see it again.

Or....maybe I'm just crazy!! ROFL!! :)

Or....maybe I'm just crazy!!

I think its ME! :biggrin1:

I asked the ticket lady if she had heard anyone's response to Lake House - and she said everyone LOVES it!

ok, so the movie never explained HOW the 2 year time lapse happened. And what about the end - what year was it?? :)

Maybe you can help me like it, Diane.

OR it may be that my brain has been re-programed for kiddie movie's only... idunno.

SPOILER ALERT....don't read on if you don't want spoiler info re. the movie "The Lakehouse".

Personally, I loved Lakehouse. In fact, my husband wants to see it, so I'll likely see it again. Of course, I have no probelm looking at my sweet Keanu for another 2 hrs!!!!

Nope...the movie didn't explain "how" the 2 year time lapse occurred...but that is okay..it wasn't important to the story. When the movie ended...it was "present day" (Bullock's time period). Once she found out that he was the one hit by the car, she was able to warn him right before he left to meet her outside the bldg where she was having lunch with her mom (ie. 2 yrs prior). (remember he was re-reading the letter while standing on the curb). She asked him not to come see her...to just wait and then meet her at the Lakehouse. So....while only "moments" passed for her (while waiting at the mailbox after she wrote the note)...keep in mind that HE had to wait 2 yrs....so in other words, he didn't get hit...he waited TWO years and then drove to the Lakehouse to find her waiting there (yet she only had to wait mere moments).....

Hope that helps explain about what "time" the movie ended in etc.....

I actually thought it was reallllly well done....but of course, you had to pay close attention to the movie to keep it all straight. But, I enjoy being challenged like that when at the movies!

I think its ME! :biggrin1:

I asked the ticket lady if she had heard anyone's response to Lake House - and she said everyone LOVES it!

ok, so the movie never explained HOW the 2 year time lapse happened. And what about the end - what year was it?? :)

Maybe you can help me like it, Diane.

OR it may be that my brain has been re-programed for kiddie movie's only... idunno.

I took my kids to see cars with the whole family, I mean grandparents, cousins, sisters, aunts, EVERYONE> We took up an entire row..lol But we loved it. My 20mnths old keepps asking to see it again and everytime a commercial comes on we argue for 10 mins, because he wants to watch cars. I keep telling him we don't own it.. lol

As much as I loved the movie I can't wait till MD's stops putting the cars in happy meals. We have had MD's so much I can't stand thinking about it...

I've seen:

Ice Age 2 - kinda sucked IMHO

Over the Hedge - Very cute

I promised I'd take her to see Monster House, Barn Yard Animals (or something like that) and Garfield.

To tell you the truth, I have no desire to see any adult movies... nothing turns me on.

I loved the first Ice Age!!!!! The second one was a let down.

I want to see the new Pirates of the Carribean. I love my Johnny Depp!

To tell you the truth, I have no desire to see any adult movies... nothing turns me on.

Whats going on with us??? LOL

Im the same way.

Yoda, THANK YOU so much for the explaination. I followed it well enough to understand that he got the letter in time to save him from death... I think its just my personality type. I guess Im too practical whne it comes to the time travel thing - it left me feeling like something was unexplained. But thanks again for trying to help me with it. Like you, I LOVE the actors in the show. Again, my hubby liked it! :confused: I told y'all, its ME!

Jen, the movie Cars was cute! Its the first movie that my 3yr old sat through without getting up 30,000 times needing to go "tee-tee".

Lastnight me and Mike watched (DVD) Monster in Law - with Jane Fonda & Jennifer Lopez. OMG - we laughed till we cried. Its a good one! Eileen - youd LOVE this one.

What about Nanny McPhee?? Its another kiddie show. We HAD to buy it, thought it was wonderful!!!

I wanna bring the kids to see Shaggy Dog - is it any good?

Shaggy Dog... Anyone??

Its at our local dollar theater - wondering if I should work it into next weeks 'schedule of events' ?!:biggrin1:

Ice Age 2 was so-so for us too.

Thumbs down on Ice Age 2

Going to see Cars now with the kids. My vote was for Over the Hedge but the kids won

Rented TRANSAMERICA. My husband I absolutely loved loved loved it

I saw Hoot at the dollar movie last week. It''s a wonderful movie for the entire family! This is one I will have to have on DVD.

I liked that movie "RV" with Robin Williams. We laughed out loud several times in the theater. Very funny. I think it helped that we have a travel trailer and could relate to most of the slap stick comedy.

My kids loved Over the Hedge and Ice Age-2. It's all they talked about forever after seeing them.

We saw X-men, the last stand. If you're an X-men fan, it was a very exciting movie. My hubby and my boys loved it. I thought it was good, but a movie I could have lived without.

I have no desire to see Lake House, it reminds me of a movie I've seen before except the letters were transported in an antique desk through time from the original owner of the desk to the new owner of the desk. They fell in love, yada yada yada.

I was looking forward to "Click", but the timing is poor. Hubby had to work this weekend and next we're out of town. BESIDES, my JOHNNY is returning to the screen next week. I gotta see Pirates-Dead Man's Chest if only to see Johnny Depp on the screen. And, for other Johnny fans, The Libertine is coming out on DVD this week. HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone else see the Divinci Code? I didn't read the book, but the movie was STUPID. I won't give it away in case someone is going to see it, but this is not a movie for folks with an I.Q. in the double digits.

I can't wait to see Cars, all my freinds say it is awesome.

What about Nanny McPhee?? Its another kiddie show. We HAD to buy it, thought it was wonderful!!!

We took our First graders at school to see this movie for a field trip. I wasn't sure that I wanted to see it at first, and then fell in love with it. I bought it the first day it came out on DVD and even though I've now watched it at least 15 times (I showed it to some of my classes) I still cry during the ending.

No little kids in the house:clap2:

Saw at the movies:

Mission Impossible III: loved the action. Entertaining

The Breakup w/Jennifer anniston: I thought it was good. DH said he thought it was a comedy so during the sad parts he was confused.

Unusual Suspects: GREAT MOVIE

RENTAL:

In Her Shoes: Funny and sad. Chick flick about sisters

Flight 93: DH and I cried so much we had headaches! Good movie

I walk the line: GREAT MOVIE and I am not a johnny cash fan