Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my scheduled date is 4/25. I have GHI/Empire BCBS

I am actually having the surgery where I work. So i called the finance person today, and she told me she submitted the paperwork, just waiting to hear back from them. I have been doing the 6 months medically supervised visits, have done most of my pre-op testing. And it dawned on me...what if they deny me. I know my mom would be ecstatic b/c she doesn't want me to do it. But I have been mentally psyching myself up to do this and i am READY.

I am 33 y/o, starting weight of 343lbs now at about 318lbs, I have GERD, moderate to high cholesterol and joint pain, but no serious medical complications ( diabetes, etc) What is the likelihood that I can be denied. HELPPPPPPPP :(

It all depends on the requirements set by your insurance... If you meet all of the criteria, then there shouldn't be any issues... Each plan is different based on what the EMPLOYER has chosen... So in most cases, a plan will not be the same from person to person unless it's the same employer or a specific type of insurance plan that most companies do not have except mom and pop businesses... Sounds like you already have everything in order... ;)

Good luck!!

You sound like everything will be all good. Make sure you do all your surgeon says to. It is just nerve wracking waiting for the approval. I called my doctor's office many times to check and make sure they didn't forget about me cause I was paranoid!

And you know what- everything has a time and purpose- so if you are denied- there was a reason! But if you are accepted which by what you have said - you meet all requirements- why would they deny you? Keep your focus about you and aim for your goals!!

I know exactly how you feel... I'm at the end of my 3 month supervised visits and will be submitting paperwork to insurance on the 11th. I have that same state of panic like you! "What if I get denied?" However, my patient advocate at my surgeon's office is so sweet and a go-getter and she told me if they give her any push back about approving me, she's gonna open a can of Whoop Ass on them and make sure it gets approved. She assured me that I meet all the requirements for insurance that should be no reason for a denial or even any push back.... She has assured me and my state of panic that everything will be ok and I'll get the approval!! My tentive surgery is 4/26!

I was denied briefly as one piece of paperwork hadn't been included in the final packet sent off to Cigna. I had a mini-stroke, but it was faxed and all was well in a couple of days. Sounds like you're normal----anxiously waiting! Good luck!

Thanks everyone...i guess i am just obsessing over everything and anything that can go wrong. Will keep u guys posted

well today, amidst the chaos of JCAHO (my fellow healthcare workers know about this), and day one of my liquid diet. (talk about a double whammy) rolleyes.gif i found out i was APPROVED ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

So i have the worst headache ever...but i am happy, nervous, scared and anxious all rolled into one....oh yeah add nauseous

but April 11th is the day!

well today, amidst the chaos of JCAHO (my fellow healthcare workers know about this), and day one of my liquid diet. (talk about a double whammy) rolleyes.gif i found out i was APPROVED ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

So i have the worst headache ever...but i am happy, nervous, scared and anxious all rolled into one....oh yeah add nauseous

but April 11th is the day!

CONGRATS! I know how relieved you must feel! I was just approved last week and I felt the same way!

So my scheduled date is 4/25. I have GHI/Empire BCBS

I am actually having the surgery where I work. So i called the finance person today, and she told me she submitted the paperwork, just waiting to hear back from them. I have been doing the 6 months medically supervised visits, have done most of my pre-op testing. And it dawned on me...what if they deny me. I know my mom would be ecstatic b/c she doesn't want me to do it. But I have been mentally psyching myself up to do this and i am READY.

I am 33 y/o, starting weight of 343lbs now at about 318lbs, I have GERD, moderate to high cholesterol and joint pain, but no serious medical complications ( diabetes, etc) What is the likelihood that I can be denied. HELPPPPPPPP :(

It's going to be ok,if you have done all the hoop jumping and met the requirements and you'll be approved. Waiting is the hardest part, keeping fingers crossed for you!