Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The best NSV thus far ! ! !

Hooray for Tiffy and DH! I'm so happy for the two of you! Little sprout couldn't have wished for better parents. . . keep your appts and do everything your told! In no time Sprout will be peeing on daddy! :lol:

There were many reasons for me choosing WLS in the first place, and the biggest drive force was for me to be able to conceive, have a healthy pregnancy, and deliver a healthy baby without the complications of obesity during pregnancy.

I've been waiting 3 long weeks to share this news with all of you, and am happy to report I AM PREGNANT ! ! !

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS! ~ I am sooo happy for you & your family! I also am so grateful for all your sharing on this VS forum...you have guided & directed me in many areas. Thanks again & Congrats!

Words cannot express how happy I am for you! Congratulations, I will be praying for you and your family! May you have a healthy, uneventful (as muvh as any pregnancy can be) pregnancy!

So I don't log onto the board for one measly day and LOOKIE what I missed...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you and your husband and your son. What a wonderful blessing, and I'm so thankful that you are going to be closely monitored during the pregnancy. :preggers: And on a personal note, you have given so much time and effort to this board, that I will be happy to listen to all of your ups and downs during the pregnancy and of course PICTURES!!!

Tiffykins,

OMGOMGOMG. I am sooooooo happy for you. Since I have been on this site, I have watched you faithfully post support to those looking to become pregnant and share in the joy of those who become pregnant and soothe the fears of those who accidentally become pregnant. All the while, you scarcely mention the disappointment it must of been for you to wait so many long months and nothing. You deserve this joy! Revel in it. Thanks for sharing this moment with us and overflowing a little joy our way.

Congratulations Tiff!! I am so happy for you. Nothing is better than looking into the eyes of your child. I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!!!! You worked so hard for this and enjoy every minute of it!!!:rolleyes:

I am soooooooo happy for you Tiff!!!!! I am praying for a wonderful, healthy and uneventful pregnancy for you!!!!!

Luv ya!

Kathy

SOOOO incredibly happy for you and your husband! Enjoy the pregnancy, we'll keep you guys in our prayers. FANTASTIC news, lady!

~Cheri

OMGosh!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, Tiff!!! I'm SOOOOOOO thrilled for both of you!!! You give me so much hope! We've tried to conceive for the last 5 years and nothing.....it's one of the reasons I had the VSG! So I could get knocked up! YAY!!! You don't have a picture of that positive pg test??? (Maybe I'm the only nut who would want to see something you've pee'd on! LOL!) Well, a VERY happy and healthy 9 months to you and your bean!!!!

There were many reasons for me choosing WLS in the first place, and the biggest drive force was for me to be able to conceive, have a healthy pregnancy, and deliver a healthy baby without the complications of obesity during pregnancy.

I've been waiting 3 long weeks to share this news with all of you, and am happy to report I AM PREGNANT ! ! !

After 14 long, exhausting, and emotionally draining months, I'm finally pregnant. I am considered high risk for several reasons, and VSG does throw me into that category along with other medical issues I have which are NOT related to VSG at all. I have an idiopathic clotting disorder and the cause, reason is still unknown. We do know that I am missing certain Protein factors in my platelets, but other than that, they can not pinpoint the cause or even give it a name hence the "idiopathic". We know the treatment is similar to that of Von Willebrand's disease, but all of my work ups have been negative for VW factor. It's kind of crazy, and I have a feeling I will be having more lab work due to the disorder and pregnancy. I have that "mother's intuition" that we are pulling for Team Blue, and if all goes well, I will have a repeat c-section and tubal ligation since I will be 35 yrs old a month after the baby is delivered.

My husband is elated, overjoyed, and of course stressed. He's become the food police all over again, and worries that I am not eating enough. BUT, per the recommendations, I am getting enough calories/protein/carbs currently. They expect me to gain 25-30lbs during the pregnancy, and I kind of snickered at that thought process, but I am not saying it won't happen. I've never read any WLS patient gaining that much post-WLS except band patients. So, we'll see how the weight gain goes. Thus far, I am experiencing sore boobs, crazy food cravings for anything spicy, and fatigue. I have experienced zero morning sickness and for that I am very grateful.

I've been cleared to continue my Celebrate multi, B12, and Calcium. The formulation of these Vitamins actually exceed the values of any prenatal on the market, and my labs looked stellar except for my platelets were low normal (which is normal for me).

Today was my first ultrasound appointment. I knew the day we conceived "Little Sprout", and had the due date spot on. Everything was perfect, strong, steady heartbeat at 150bpm, everything looked good internally. I'm being referred to a civilian high-risk ob/gyn team and my pregnancy will be co-managed between them and the base provider. All this means is that I'll have double appointments that most pregnant women have to go through.

Sorry for the quality. The base equipment is a bit dated, but we were able to hear the heartbeat, and of course I cried. My husband was able to attend, and he just stood there staring at the screen kind of in awe. It was truly the most joyous event I've experienced.

Thank you for all of your continued support and encouragement. I would ask that you keep our family in your thoughts and prayers. This is going to be a long process, and Sprout is due November 5th. This place is kind of like my 2nd home so I'm sure I'll be posting more updates as the months progress. .

sprout2.jpg

Oh and I don't have much of a belly bump at all yet. I'm bloating, but my clothes are fitting the same, and I have not gained any weight to date. I'm not any hungrier than I was before pregnancy, just insane cravings for random foods I would not have eaten. It'll be interesting to see how I look this pregnancy. I was around 200lbs when I was pregnant with my son 13 yrs ago, and gained 37lbs so I was just huge and round. This time I'm interested to see how my body changes, and hopefully I'll get the cute baby bump that I see on everyone else.

AWWWWWW SOOOOOO SWEET...Congrats to you and your hubby and son :)...Many, many, many continued blessings to all of you :)