Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Well I was going to do sugar detox this weekend but my dear hubby just had an emergency appendectomy today and well.... I was freaking out to say the least, but holding together on the outside beautifully. I PB'd on my dinner, a bad one too. So I am gonna do my best but not stress till monday when he and i are both going to start eating healthy again. With having to eat from hospital cafeterias it's impossible to get something that will go down and be healthy, we all know about hospital food, yuck. PS don't cave and eat fries even if you think it is a loose day. And especially don't follow that up with even a tiny sip of Fluid. To do so will cause pain and agony and wretching. I will check in tomorrow if nothing else than to report that I am here even if I am not totally back on program yet I am here and I am holding myself accountable.

re: "I need to start packing my bags 'cause I'm moving to Twoterville!"""

when I got here, I realized I should have left my bags back there in Threemopolis, cause nothing I brung with me fit anymore....ya gotta get NEW STUFF!!!!

I've got various and assorted boxes and bins of clothes to stroll along to nearly halfway through Twoterville before I have to go shopping!

I doubt that I make my goal by Tuesday, but maybe I can be in new numbers at least. I would love to say 270ish rather than 280ish.

Name...............................Starting…....Current…......Goal…..........To Go

losingjusme..(Christine).........293.............. 288... ..........276.................12

tann.............(Tammy)........ ...224............. 211..............212..................0

Josette.................................322....... .......322..............307.................15

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. .....267..............266..............256........ .........10

FaithMD............................... 312..............306.6............299........... ....7.6

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. ....275....... .......275 .............265..................10

Libra..(Angela)...................... 218...........;...214..............208............ . ....6

glindab..................................286...... ........282..............275.................7

Inner_me.....(Chris).............. ..295...............295.............280........... .......15

I won't make it either. I'm FRUSTRATED as all get out. I'm eating about 100 to 1200 calories a day. I log EVERY bite and EVERY sip that goes in me, and that's what I'm taking in. I was losing at 1800 to 2200 calories a day, and I lost at 800 calories a day, but I'm stuck at 1200 calories a day! ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Name...............................Starting…....Current…......Goal…..........To Go

losingjusme..(Christine).........293.............. 288... ..........276.................12

tann.............(Tammy)........ ...224............. 211..............212..................0

Josette.................................322....... .......322..............307.................15

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. .....267..............266..............256........ .........10

FaithMD............................... 312..............308............299........... ....9

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. ....275....... .......275 .............265..................10

Libra..(Angela)...................... 218...........;...214..............208............ . ....6

glindab..................................286...... ........282..............275.................7

Inner_me.....(Chris).............. ..295...............295.............280........... .......15

I can promise you this Faith. As long as you are following the rules everyday you are burning fat! Your body may be redistributing right now and my rpn has said that our bodies do indeed do that, so my earlier theory was correct! Take your measurements all of them, even your ankles and wrists and when the scale stops moving it's time to pull out the tape measure. I only measure my bust waist and hips and it doesn't always show up there but I know I'm losing it somewhere! The scale is not our only measure of success.

On my news front. My DH comes home today :) And he and I are both committed to eating healthy again. While I gained 5 he gained 30 so this is great, we are of like mind together which makes starting so much easier. Today is our first day of being back on our eating plans. We like to do our own version of Atkins so to speak. Our only carbs come from fruit and veggies. Well I don't do fruit very well so just veggies for me. I am looking forward to joining the next challenge too ;)

Oh and I read a great article today I will post it in a seperate thread. I thought it was really motivational.

A Simple Way to Get Past Your Resistanceby Katie Jay, MSW, CTA Certified Life Coach, and

Director, National Association for Weight Loss Surgery

http://www.nawls.com

I have been going to dog-training classes. My dog is not the

problem. I am. I can't seem to be consistent in my approach

to Ruby, so in her confusion she misbehaves.

It's my responsibility to set boundaries with Ruby so that

she knows what to do, but I feel inadequate. I'm too busy.

I forget to practice. I'd rather do something else. I have

to work. I have a million excuses.

My resistance creates unwanted consequences

For awhile Ruby's indiscretions (a.k.a. my unwillingness to

train my dog) were tolerable. She chewed a pair of my son's

tube socks. She ate the cat's food. She pulled on the leash

when I walked her.

But things have gotten worse. Ruby nips me to let me know

it is time for her walk. She dines on litter-box fare (yuck!).

She jumps onto the furniture when we turn our backs.

I have to get past my resistance

If I continue to let Ruby get away with these antics, and

inevitably let things get worse, my life is going to get a

lot more chaotic. And the consequences will become dire.

Sadly, it's at this point that many families give their

pets back to the adoption agency. The problem goes from

cute to annoying to intolerable.

Resistance undermines weight loss surgery progress, too

When my hunger came back after weight loss surgery, it

was almost cute at first. I ate half of a french fry and

one bite of a dessert at a wedding reception. I felt

petite and in control.

I was resisting my surgeon's guidelines, but rationalized

that I followed most of them

For awhile my indiscretions (a.k.a. my unwillingness to

follow my plan) were tolerable. I wasn't gaining weight

and I felt great.

But things got worse. I started eating popcorn every

night. I quit exercising at the gym. I ate toast

with butter at bedtime.

And my food cravings got worse

So, I pushed my limits ever further. As this happened,

I began to negotiate with myself about everything. Could

I eat this at 3pm if I ate less of something at dinner?

How many calories is that snack food and maybe it's okay

to eat if I skip my Protein Drink (thus avoiding the

extra calories).

It was annoying to always be negotiating with myself,

pushing the boundaries. The consequences became more

dire; I gained a few pounds.

Now my behavior felt intolerable to me

A few pounds is not a big concern in the vast scheme of

things. But it is at this point that many weight loss

surgery patients give up. But I didn't give up.

Like Ruby, I needed clearer limits

I was in pure resistance mode. I was out of control and

looking for trouble.

Unlike my dog, though, I could identify my resistance

and make a decision to set better limits for myself.

So, that's what I did.

I used my husband's motto to challenge myself

As my biggest cheerleader, Mike has always supported me

in my efforts at self improvement and with my dream to

help others overcome obesity.

During times when I have felt uncertain or fearful or

discouraged he has put his hands on my shoulders, looked

me in the eyes, and made me repeat after him:

"I am a winner."

He makes me say it until I really feel it. Sometimes I

get really mad at him, but he persists until he breaks

my resistance.

One morning, Mike noticed I did not write down a food

plan or seem to have any intention of making one. So,

he made me say that phrase. It's hard to feel resistance

and feel like a winner at the same time. So, for a few

moments, as we looked into each other's eyes, I felt

like a winner.

Over the course of that day I decided to keep saying

it to myself

I got past my resistance to healthier eating using my

own version of Mike's saying:

"I'm a winner, and winners _____________________."

I filled in the blank depending on what I was doing. So,

when I wanted to eat fast food for lunch, I told myself:

"I'm a winner, and winners eat *healthy*, great-tasting

meals."

When I wanted to skip going to the gym, I told myself:

"I'm a winner, and winners exercise daily."

And when I wanted to eat that french fry, I told myself:

"I'm a winner, and winners eat healthy fats, not trans fats."

Everyone wants to win

When I look at my choices from the vantage point of being

a winner, it's easy to see which choices will serve me

well and which ones won't.

When I feel like a winner, I am much happier to do the

next right thing -- to resist the temptation to overeat

or to pick unhealthy foods.

Do you want to feel like a winner?

No, you can't borrow Mike! Go stand in front of your

mirror, and look into your own eyes. Smile broadly and

say, "I'm a winner!"

From Small Bites, the email newsletter for the

National Association for Weight Loss Surgery.

Subscribe today and get your F'REE report,

The 10 Most Common Mistakes Weight Loss

Surgery Patients Make at www.10WLSmistakes.com.

© 2007 National Association for Weight Loss Surgery, Inc.

All rights reserved.

Hey Molly,

I'm glad dear hubby is recovering and coming home! It's so funny...I always think of appendicitus as a "kid's disease" but in the past year your hubby makes adult #2 I've known who got it. That's crazy. It can also be very serious so I'm glad he's on the healing path.

I'm proud of everyone who is working toward their goals. You guys are helping me get motivated to jump back on the horse and start kicking butt again. Maybe I'll be up for the next challenge. I'm a little shaky right now and have usually never reached my challenge goals but perhaps getting back into it is what I need to get focused again. What is the next one going to be?

Well after an irregular ekg they decided not to release him today. After additional testing they discovered that the irregular ekg was an operator error, thank goodness! They are still keeping him till tomorrow because they want to get one more big does of antibiotics in him before sending him home. So despite all that drama and stress I stayed on plan today! I had no sugar whatsoever! This is progress ladies, I am back in on the wagon albiet only the tailgate but as the days go by I will be trying my hardest to inch back towards the safety of the drivers seat. LapBandit I think you and I need to set a really easy goal for the next challenge one that we stand a really good chance to succeed at. We need the feeling of success. I think Labor Day would be a perfect challenge. What do all of you think? That's 4 weeks. OK well, I will check in again tomorrow.

Hey all,

How are you all?? I have missed you! I have been away, but not really away just being unhealthy and not wanting to get online and admit it. I now realize that it was a mistake not to get on here and at least read the posts.

On the positive front, I went to the gym today and walked an hour. That was 3 miles, not great speed, but not a snails pace either. I go for my 4th fill on Aug 9 and I hope that it will be the one that gives me some restriction. Can you believe there are 3cc's in my band that holds 4cc's and I have no restriction. Hello!!!! I can eat at least 3 to 4 cups of food at a sitting. That can't be right! I know I am not supposed to. I know what you guys are thinking too. Why would she do that?? (sobbing) I don't know, because I'm hungry.

Today though, I vow that today is the start (again) of a better lifestyle healthier choices! starting my journal again! exercising like I should 5 days a week!

Hey, I know it's nuts. If crazy is the worst thing I am ever called then I live a charmed life. Why is it, that we as overweight adults have to keep falling on and off the wagon. It is sortof like alcoholics. Only its food and you do need food to survive unlike booze.

I hope when I go for my 4th fill I am in the twos. That would just be the greatest thing ever!!! And then, I will strive for the 280's and then the 270's and so on. Until maybe one day I am looking forward to the onederland. That is such a long way away. But a girl can dream can't she.

Thanks for listening to the rantings of a fellow bandster.

Katie you are so not alone. Keep in mind that the signals to stop because you are full can be very subtle. I would try taking little bites and only alwoing your sefl to eat 1 cup in a 30 minute time frame. Then evaluate how you feel right after stopping and again how you fell 30 minutes later. If you are hungry still then eat again if you aren't hungry but feel satisfied then you are probably fairly well restricted. I know that when I take little bites and pay attention I am perfectly satisfied physically after only 1/2 to 1 cup of food. Now I can pack it in and eat way more if i work at it. The hardest thing for me and suspect for all of us is telling the head hunger to hit the road. You are right about the addiction part too, it is very hard to deal with an addiction to food cause you have to have at least some to survive! I am on day 2 of sugar detox an here I am with this candy jar right beside me. I can't get away from it, my desk is the reception desk and there it sits. I almost caved and had a piece which would have led to 10 but i put a piece of sugar free gum in my mouth instead. It isn't the same but it helps. As for coming here yes it makes a big difference. When I don't visit the I stop caring and my head hunger and pouch paking gets way out of control. We all have hard times and you'll notice they always coincide with when we aren't here participating. As soon as people come back even to read they start getting re-motivated again. We are here for you always. Now go get that fill :)

happy to have July BEHIND me. up EIGHT pounds this month. i just want to cry. but it's my own fault. chocolate will do that to ya...

i have updated everyone's starting weight w/ their current weight. change your goals / to go, etc if you want to participate in the challenge. if not, you can remove your name if you'd like.

good luck everyone!

August Challenge

losingjusme..(Christine).........293.............. 293... ..........275.................18

tann.............(Tammy)...........211............. 211..............212..................0

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. .....266..............266..............256........ .........10

FaithMD............................... 308..............308............299........... ....9

Libra..(Angela)...................... 214...........;...214..............208............ . ....6

glindab..................................282...... ........282..............275.................7

OK count me in!!! Going for a more realistic goal this time.

I am personally challenging LapBandit and Katie to join us. The three of us are just climbing back on the wagon and this will be good for us!

August Challenge

losingjusme..(Christine).........293.............. 293... ..........275..................18

tann.............(Tammy)...........211............ . 211..............212....................0

Josette.................................322....... .......322..............307..................15

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. .....266..............266..............256........ .........10

FaithMD............................... 308..............308..............299....................9

Libra..(Angela)...................... 214...........;...214..............208....................6

glindab..................................282...... ........282..............275....................7

Inner_me.....(Chris).............. ..295...............295.............280...................15

waterlily1072...(Nicole)............279...............279.............269...................10

Thank you for updating, Christine!

And thank you Molly/Nicole for your kind words of wisdom. I hope that I'll be more successful this month.

OK so I switched jerkey for chips and sf gum for candy. So now I'm eating healthier and the scale is cooperating, but.....

Can you see the writing on the wall?

My jaw hurts from so much chewing!!!!!

LOL too bad I can't count the chewing as excersize!

OK enough compaining, let's get happy :)

Hello all,

Can I join you? I'm 11 pounds from twoterville...I haven't seen it in slightly over four years...

Unfortunately, there won't be a shopping trip as I move in to twoterville...I don't think my stomach is EVER going to change in size.

Lorraine