Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

OK so here's the scoop. After my last fill I was definitely too tight. I requested a barium swallow today, my first one. It showed that I was soo tight that the barium barely went through. I mean the tiny sliver that went through was barely visible! I knew I was a little too tight and told her I need a slight unfill. The picture did show that my band is sitting a tiny bit low, kind of like it's sitting on the bottom of the groove raver than the middle of the groove so to speak. Nothing serious no dialation or stretching of my pouch everything looks good. She said it might not be sitting low at all in reality that the xrays can be a little off or could be that that is just where my band has always sat. If it is sitting a little low it will go back all on it's own with a little unfill which I had, she took out 1cc. She said it was caused from being too tight this last week and a half. In a few weeks I can go back to my 9.5 but I won't be going up to 10 anytime soon, who knows maybe never. So right now I am at 9cc's and am able to eat comfortably, yay. I will have to be way more careful on my calories cause I will be hungry a lot more. But I can live with that for a few weeks. The good news is that my band is great and so is my stomach :) Oh and they took a picture of me to put up on the wall to show people what a sucessful year with the band can do :lol: that made my day.

Well, I said I'd post pics....

The first one is one week after surgery. (Note my excitement about having my pic taken. I can't stand to look at it.)

awful.jpg

The other two are from the last two weekends. (a bridal shower and a baby shower.) Down 90 pounds at the time.

angshower.jpg

angbabyshower.jpg

OMG Libra...you're so beautiful! You look fabulous! I'm glad you shared your pics because they are just remarkable!!!!!!!!!!

Molly-I'm sorry you were too tight but I'm glad you got the barium swallow and were able to figure it out. PLUS...awesome about them putting your pic up at the office!

Yeah us! We're all doing so well!

Molly! Happy Bandiversary! I'm so glad to hear that you had your fill adjusted. Hopefully that will alleviate those problems you've been having! Here's to your continued success!

Libra! You look great!! It's good to have the pictures we hate to show how far we've come! Congratulations!!

Keep up the great work ladies! (and I mean all of you who post here) You inspire me to do my best!

:peace:

wow Libra... you're my Hero!!! You look amazing!

I'm glad you got an unfill Molly. You'll feel so much better now. Happy Bandiversary!!! *HUGS*

Molly! How cool is it that you're the lapband poster child! LOL!! Good for you! You should be so proud!

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'd love to burn that first pic but I'm keeping it as a reminder of somewhere I never want to be again!

You're all so supportive and I don't think I'd be nearly as motivated without all of you. I'm so glad we can be here for one another!

Wow Libra you look amazing!

Thanks everyone for the words of support, now I just have to fight the demons that tell me I want food even when I don't. It is really hard after feeling so deprived when I was too tight. I feel like a starved person who finally is given food. Sigh, it will all work ;)

lol, no one ever posts over the weekend on this thread, it cracks me up. Well I am doing good, I have my calories under control despite no decent amount of restriction. To fight hunger I have liberally enjoying a real treat called salad. I have been having sometimes large bowls of lettuce with cucumber and green onions with ff italian dressing. An almost calorie free treat. Lettuce is hard for me when I have good restriction and I can only eat a little bit of it, but right now it's easy as can be :rolleyes: I have alao enjoyed some of the early fruits of the season, with a bowl of mixed melon :hungry: . I am choosihng healthy food like raw fruits and veggies to snack on! This is major for me! The scale is fluttering but seemingly going nowhere. I have noticed that I am losing inches though. I haven't measured or anything but I am noticing in the last week my clothes are fitting differently, so hopefullythe scale will move soon!

Libra, you look absolutely beautiful.

Molly, you and I seem to be in the same boat. I think I need a fill. I haven't had one since January. I'm eating healthy Snacks but I think I'm eating too much. I need to step up my exercise too. The last couple of weeks I've cut it down to 3 times a week instead of 6. I'm so angry at myself for not taking measurements though! That could be such a motivator when the scales aren't moving!

Happy May Day :)

Ya know though Libra I bet we aren't eating too much to lose a little bit of weight or maybe we really are maintaining right now, but I have noticed over the last year that when the scale doesn't move the inches do and vice versa. We just have to keep plugging along. Think about the old days when we ate 2000-3000 calories a day and we slowly gained, then we maintained at a weight for a long time maybe even a year or two before starting to gain again. We are doing that in reverse now. Except instead of months or years to gain 10 lbs we are losing that amount in weeks, so the process is faster but it is still a process. Our bodies don't always respond the way we think they should, they are way too smart for that. I also think that nutritionally speaking sometimes it's good for us to be a little loose so we can eat more of the nutrients that we normally get only via Vitamins. So we get that rouphage in our diet for our colons now and then too. I am trying really hard to see this time being without restriction as a positive. It is strange to know that the difference between wide open and perfect is .5 in a 10cc band, that seems wildly crazy but it is what it is :girl_hug: and by the middle of May I will have that restriction back. I also promise to be happy there for a long time and not search to be always tighter.

You're probably right Molly...I'm just a little anxious. I still think a need a little fill though. I"m going through a stressful time right now and it's a little too easy to return to my "binge" habit. I'd like to be on the looser side of tight...whatever that means...LOL!

Name...................Starting…...…..Current….…..Goal….....To Go

losingjusme....................317.25............. ..313.25.............295.............18.25

tann...............................257........... ..........250..................232.............22

juliegeraci......................232.............. .......232..................220.............12

Josette..........................340............ .........339............... ..315..............24

Inner_me................... ...306............... .....301..................280..............21

Elisabethsew..................281................. ...281..................260..............21

Waterlily1072................278.................. ..270..................252..............18

Libra.............................230............ .........226.................205...............21

Lapbandit……………..208……………..206……..…...185……..….21

RidinMyHDDream.........281....................277 .................256..............21

Wow, I can't believe I copied and pasted this right:D Anywayz I lost 4lbs for this week taking me to 250:clap2:

Dang, I forgot to change my number on the "to go" . Who ever copies and pastes next could you please change my 22 to 18. Thank you some much.:biggrin1: