Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Wednesday Check In!

Week 1/6

Name....................Current Weight......Valentine's Goal......To Go

Juliegeraci................248.................... ...10..........................10

Lapbandit.................247..................... ..20..........................13

Libra....................... 265................... ....245........................16

Indianlight................ 279.................... ...20.........................20

JulieNYC.................. 224........................215.................... .....9

Elisabethsew............ 290 (-4).................. 282........................8

Well, the scale said I've lost 7 lbs this week. But, I know most of that is Water weight from over-doing it at Christmas! Either way, I'm counting it!

How'd everyone else do?

Juliegeraci................248.................... ...10..........................10

Lapbandit.................247..................... ..20..........................20

Libra....................... 265................... ....245........................16

Indianlight................ 279.................... ...20.........................20

JulieNYC.................. 222........................215.........................7

Elisabethsew............ 290 (-4).................. 282........................8

Lapbandit.................247..................... ..20..........................20

Libra....................... 265................... ....245........................15

JulieNYC.................. 222........................215.................... .....7

Good luck everyone! I'm sure we can do it!

Juliegeraci................243.5.......................10..........................5.5

Lapbandit.................240.......................20..........................13

Libra....................... 265.......................245........................15

Indianlight................ 279.......................20.........................20

JulieNYC.................. 222........................215.........................7

Elisabethsew............ 290 (-4)................. 282........................8

OK, Juliegeraci-you should be updated!

We're doing good so far ladies!

Juliegeraci................243.5.................. .....10..........................5.5

Lapbandit.................240..................... ..20..........................13

Libra....................... 257.......................20....................... ...12

Indianlight................ 279.......................20...................... ...20

JulieNYC.................. 222........................215.................... .....7

Elisabethsew............ 290 (-4)................. 282........................8

Chuggin along!!

Juliegeraci................243.5.................. .....10..........................5.5

Lapbandit.................240..................... ..20..........................13

Libra....................... 257.......................20...................... . ...12

Indianlight................ 279.......................20...................... ...20

Elisabethsew............ 289 (-5)................. 282..........................7

Onward and downward. You're all doing great.

Libra....................... 257.......................20...................... . ...12

JulieNYC.................. 221........................215.................... .....6

Elisabethsew............ 289 (-5)................. 282..........................7

Hi everyone,

I've been having a tough time since before christmas, my surgeon thought I had a problem with food being stuck in my pouch and wanted to unfill me just before xmas, I pleaded with him not to as I didnt think that was the problem. Anyway, he didn't but I wasn't allowed a fill (which I'm desperate for) until after i'd had a barium meal under xray. I had that yesterday and everything is ok..as I said it was!! so now I have to wait for a fill date hopefully next week!

This has meant that my weight is has hardly moved since the end of october...so, although my total weight loss is good, it could be much better and I find that frustrating!! Here in the Uk they are very slow with fills, so after my surgery I waited 6 weeks without any weightloss before my first fill and now I've waited approx 10 weeks since needing a fill, so I have been banded approx 26 weeks and out of that I have been losing weight only 16 of those. That means I have lost an average of 5lb per week then if I had had the fills when needed I would/could be down another 50lbs!! WOW

I know this sounds like I'm rambling but it's a real possibility....and its driving me mad!!

Anyway, next week i should be able to get back to exercising and I did a lot of walking at the weekend so that might have helped, so hopefully my weight will start moving again......

Indianlight................ 277.......................20...................... ...18

JulieNYC.................. 221........................215.................... .....6

Hi Indianlight,

I know exactly what you're going through and I'm here in the United States. My surgeon does not give a first fill for 8 weeks post-op and then you wait an average of 6-8 weeks for subsequent ones. Unfortunately, I have an 11 cc Vanguard band and the fills would last a day or not at all in terms of feeling restriction.

I had a different person do my last fill and she evaluated my weight loss and listened to what I said and gave me a full cc to place me at just over 8 cc's in the 11cc band. THAT finally gave me restriction and now I know what people mean when they post about "knowing they have the band." I think another 1/2 cc will put me right where I need to be but I don't go back until 2/14. Hang in there, you'll get to the "place" you need to be.

Juliegeraci................242.5.....................10..........................4.5

Lapbandit.................240..................... .20..........................13

Libra....................... 257.......................20...................... ...12

Indianlight................ 277...................... 20...................... ..18

JulieNYC.................. 221.......................215.................... ....6

Elisabethsew............ 287 (-7).................282.........................5

I"M BACK!

Wow you are all doing so great! I wish I could say the same but I went overboard during the holidays. I couldn't eat all that much, but what I ate was high in calories :scared: Oh well Christmas comes but once a year. My leave from school is over, Today is my first day back (I'm late already) and I am making a fresh start. So here I sit at 299 with a Valentines goal of 285 count me in for 14lbs to lose.

I am also making a commitment to visit the forum everyday. I haven't been here for a while and the scale shows it, no progress. This week changes are being made and one of them is being accountable and reaching out for support and encouragement

How great...we got to hear from Indianlight and Waterlily today! That makes my day because I've been wondering about you guys!

Hang in there Indianlight. You've done so well for having so those problems. You're right...once you get proper restriction things will kick in for you.

Waterlily, I am definately a member of the "Christmas kicked my butt" club too! You're right...it's a long holiday season and it comes just once a year. So, I've decided to put it behind me and focus on 2007!

Well, I just got back from my regular doc's today. I've had a red rash all over my neck and they said it's strep throat...no work until Friday. Apparently I'm contagious. That's a bummer because I was going to go to the gym tonight. I guess that means I'll be huffing and puffing on the old treadmill instead. But, my doctor said I shouldn't be contagious after 2PM tomorrow so I'll get to go to the gym during the day for a change! I much prefer working out earlier in the day, for some reason it just feels better.

Fair warning...I'll try not to hog up the thread but I can't promise...I'll be home all alone recovering and I'll probably get bored!! Ha Ha.