Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Tax Day Challenge!

(April 15th)

Week Three of Eight

Name..........................Starting…...…..Current….…..Goal…....To Go

Juliegeraci......................238.................... 238.................228.............10

Lapbandit.......................231.....................225………….199.............26

Waterlily........................300.....................288.................264.............24

Roiansmom....................299.....................299.................270.............29

Libra...............................248.....................241.................228.............13

JulieNYC........................212.....................203.................185.............18

Elisabethsew...................282.....................276.................264.............12

PeaCeJ............................338.....................338.................318.............20

RidinMyHDDream.........297.....................290 ................281...............9

Babygirl1234..................260.....................253.................240.............13

Leecelove70....................228.....................228.................200.............28

Josette.............................351.....................351.................335.............16

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I am proud of my efforts but I do get confused about the whole restriction thing! It's so strange how we all have this thing called restriction but it means different things to each of us!

Well, it's TOM and it's been a rough one so only one pound this week. I think it'll be better next week once the ol' hormones go back to normal! At any rate...one pound is one pound, right??!!

One pound is great! We can't all lose 5lbs every week, dang I wish we could, lol. Look at it this way, I heard once (not sure it's true) that you burn an extra 500cal a day during your TOM :girl_hug:

One pound is great! We can't all lose 5lbs every week, dang I wish we could, lol. Look at it this way, I heard once (not sure it's true) that you burn an extra 500cal a day during your TOM :girl_hug:

I think we should pretend it is true just to make us feel better!

I second Lapbandit's appreciation for the support! I'm trying to stay focused on the weight already gone and I know the rest will go too. I go back to the doctor's on the 20th so I'm sure I'll get another fill which should help too.

Molly I can soooooo relate to the teenage daughter thing. I'm surprise my daughter and I both survived...lol Now she's married and I have a beautiful granddaughter. So now my daughter is guaranteed to go through what I did. Who ever said revenge isn't sweet....lol j/k I'm hoping for happily ever after in their case.

Has anyone tried the Barilla multigrain Pasta? My Mom left a box from her visit. When I saw that it had a Protein count I decided to go for it. I have to take small bites and chew it well but I haven't had any problems with it at all. Helps to beef up my protein for the day. I just limit what I eat.

Has anyone tried the Barilla multigrain Pasta? My Mom left a box from her visit. When I saw that it had a Protein count I decided to go for it. I have to take small bites and chew it well but I haven't had any problems with it at all. Helps to beef up my protein for the day. I just limit what I eat.

Yep, you're right...it's a whole grain carb so a normal portion is a great option. (I specify normal portion because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE pasta of all types so I must be very careful when I choose pasta or else I can easily go overboard!!) I've found that I cook it a bit longer than regular pasta so that it's a little softer and it seems to go down just fine for me!

I have a hard time with Pasta, it just isn't a comfortable food for me. Just tonight I realized that bell peppers are on the list for me too. Unless I take the time to remove the skin it just isn't comfotable, it doesn't get stuck but it doesn't go down nicely either. And I am so not peeling bell peppers.

Other than that I need to share, I switched from fitday to sparkpeople. They have a recipe calculator, so I no longer have to painstalingly list a fraction of every ingredient in my cooking, this in and of itself is worth it! Also they make it much easier to track your Water.< /p>

Look at it this way, I heard once (not sure it's true) that you burn an extra 500cal a day during your TOM :)

I never heard that but, Woo Hoo if that 's true!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Today was a really bad day for me. I felt yucky and so tired so I slept till 3! That was after getting up at 7 to see the kids off to school, I actually napped from 9-3. As a result, I am way low on my Water for the day and yup you guessed it, way below my protien needs. Sigh, and now I am just tired and my head hurts so I am going to bed. Tomorrow we are helping a lady from church move so it will be a grueling day.

Molly I hope to get one of those naps later. As of now it is 5:30 am and I have to work until 11. Did I mention I have been awake since 4am Friday. Yeah had to pull and all nighter trying to snake my sewer line because we have roots in the pipe and the rented auger was due back by 9am this morning. Probably high up on the list of grossest things I have ever done. The auger actually broke and we had to pull out and reel the thing in by hand. Yeah about 75 feet of sewage covered steel piping. Sh*t all over me, my husband and the bathroom. Literally. I spent over an hour just scrubbing the bathroom with bleach. And now I am so tired I just want to keel over and die.

I Just Hit twoterville, after not seeing it for a long time....

and its just as nice as i remembered it!!!

My last weigh in i was at 298.

Id love to see 150 again, heck, 160 would be awesome, and as i recall, i even feel pretty fantastic at 170.

just in that ballpark would be awesome.

i go in for my first fill March 19th. I go on a plane trip back to Maine (from Houston) March 21rst.

i ride a bicycle twice a day every day. i walk during the day too. My job has me standing for hours unbroken.

Congrat Lizrbit!:( Welcome to twoterville!!!!

I'm with waterlily..pasta just doesn't work for me anymore! That's been the hardest for me to give up too. I still try once in a while and end up paying the price. I guess I'll never learn!

lizrbit-that's AWESOME! Welcome to Twoterville! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work and you'll get back into those old weights!

I am doing OK. I'm not really losing much. Perhaps my body is readjusting again. It seems that this happens more often now. Figures...I'm trying my darndest to work towards Onderland and my body knows this is unchartered territory and must be scared to go "where no man has gone before"!! Seriously, I don't know for sure but I'd guess that the last time I weighed in the 100's was probably Jr. High. I'm sure I was in the 200's by the time I was in High School. Most of these weights/sizes others talk about being in at one time or another would've happened to me while I was still growing up so I truly have no concept of what life is like as an adult at a semi-normal weight.

The awesome news is that according to my height I am about 20 pounds away from just being considered "overweight"! Even if I don't hit my Tax Day Challenge I should be able to hit the "overweight" category which will still THRILL me to no end!!

Welcome Lizrbit. You're doing wonderfully and are well on your way.

Lapbandit, I can relate to "unchartered territory" since I was a fat kid, fat adolescent and fat adult. I do remember going to weight watchers when I was 12 or 13 and weighing 218. THAT I will never forget because the WW woman told me my goal was 109 and that I "had to lose half of myself."

You'll get to onderland soon. Look at how far you've come already!

Welcome to Twoterville Lizrbit! :clap2:

LapBandit, you have lost so much weight, your body is probably having to readjust everything and there is no telling how long it will take. I wathced mine do that when I hit the border and stayed there forever. My belly used to be symetricl then as I lost it became very unsymetrical. At the border it spent 4mo becoming symetrical again, lol. And now it is starting to get unsymetrical again, lol.