Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Thanks, that's what I do to. And as long as I stick to it my calories are where they need to be, otherwise I don't even realizing how many calories I am taking in. It's the accountability that is so important and knowing in advance if that candybar or whatever is really worth the amount of empty caolries in it. One Reeses PB cup is like 150 calories! It's insane for one piece of candy. So I don't have one very often, lol. Like tonight my calories are on the low side so I'm gonna treat myself to some popcorn :hungry: while I watch a movie.

What are some of your favorite Snacks? I'm always looking for new things but I'll share some of mine and would love to hear what other people finds "fills the void." Mine include:

- 60 calorie Jello pudding (I put it in the freezer and it tastes like ice- cream and tastes longer to eat)

- 100 calorie individual microwave popcorn packets (Orville Reddinbocker)

- apple slices with 6 almonds

- 100 calorie cheese ball packets

- 100 calorie sunchips

- 100 calorie pretzels

- cup-a-soup

- an orange (it takes a while to peel and you have to eat it slowly)

- goat cheese spread on 1/2 (50 cal) of a low calorie English muffin

- Peanut Butter spread on 1/2 (50 cal) of a low calorie English muffin (toasting allows you to "melt" the PB or cheese assuring you don't take in too many of those cals).

My faves are...

SF Jello (but you have to prepare in advance)

SF Fudgecicles

Microwave popcorn (I split the bag with hubby and because he eats so much faster I am lucky to get a quarter of the bag)

String cheese

Apple cinnamon rice cakes

OK so here is todays and I'm gonna do my best to stay off the scale for a few days.

Name..........................Starting…...…..Current….…..Goal…....To Go

Juliegeraci......................238............. ...... 238.................228.............10

Lapbandit.......................231............... .....226………….199.............27

Waterlily.........................300............. .......288.................264.............24

Roiansmom.....................299................. ....299.................270.............29

Libra...............................248........... .........242.................228.............14

JulieNYC........................212............... .....205.................185.............20

Elisabethsew...................282................ ....276........... ......264.............12

PeaCeJ...........................338.............. ......338.................318..............20

RidinMyHDDream......... 297.....................289 .................281...............8

Babygirl1234..................260................. ....253.................240..............13

Leecelove70...................228................. ....228.................200..............28

Josette............................351........... ..........351.................335..............16

The rice cakes sound delicious. It's temping to get on the scale often but I find I have to limit it to 1-2 times a week and also to days I am off. I work 12 hour night shifts as an RN and am often on my feet for 14 hours. When I do 3 shifts in 3 days, I find I hold Water and show a gain. After a day off a a good night's sleep, I weigh-in. Since my work days vary, I weigh 2 different days of the week.

Juliegeraci......................238............. ...... 238.................228.............10

Lapbandit.......................231............... .....226………….199.............27

Waterlily.........................300............. .......288.................264.............24

Roiansmom.....................299................. ....299.................270.............29

Libra...............................248........... .........241.................228.............13

JulieNYC........................212............... .....205.................185.............20

Elisabethsew...................282................ ....276........... ......264.............12

PeaCeJ...........................338.............. ......338.................318..............20

RidinMyHDDream......... 297.....................289 .................281...............8

Babygirl1234..................260................. ....253.................240..............13

Leecelove70...................228................. ....228.................200..............28

Josette............................351........... ..........351.................335..............16

I don't do a lot of snacking but when I do, it's usually a handful of nut, some canned fruit (it's softer) or a low fat cheese stick. I'd love to have Peanut Butter on an english muffin. YUM! But I can't swallow english muffins!

I can only do half an English muffin and I toast it VERY well. I put the PB or cheese on to melt but I don't eat it for a minute or two to allow the muffin to "harden" a bit. Often, I have this for lunch with a cup-a-soup and am filled until dinner time.

Gosh guys, am I doing it wrong? I can easily eat an english muffin, pretty much anything really. I occasionally will have something not go down right but every time it has been because I was eating way too fast. I'm not complaining about being able to eat all foods, I'm just posing the question-am I still not as tight as most bandsters?? Jeez, how big is my stomach that my band can't get cranked down as tight as everyone else?!?!

You're definitely doing it right. Look at all the weight you lost! My problem with bread is that I LOVE it. If you give me a choice between hot bread and butter or cake and ice-cream, I'll take the bread hands down. Because of that, I can't eat bread slowly. I have to consciously chew it before swallowing. My surgeon was the one who advises toasting all breads before eating them as it helps to prevent it from getting stuck.

I'm going for my next fill on 3/26. The ONLY thing I can't eat is shrimp and bread and the only reason why is because I simply can't chew it enough. So, I try and stay away from those 2 foods. I got 0.2 cc's on the last fill and that did little but my surgeon won't give fills more than 0.3-0.5 cc's after you reach 8 cc's. Sigh! I hope to feel better restriction after the 3/26 fill.

If you can eat bread than you are not as tight as a lot of bandsters. However, you are doing awesome! Everyone needs a different level of restriction. When I can eat bread, I can eat anything and in way to large an amount. But as long as you are losing and the band is doing enough for you personally then you are just where you need to be right now. I managed for a long time with very little restriction, but finally my willpower went all haywire and I needed the greater restriction to keep me from eating the kitchen sink. Later on you may find you need more restriction or maybe not. That's what is so great about the band, it's adjustable!

It looks like I hit a road block on my way through Twoterville this week. (sigh) Or a wrong way sign or something...lol Going to try not to let it interfere with the long distance trip though. Hope everyone else has a better week!

Libra...............................248........... .........241.................228.............13

RidinMyHDDream......... 297.....................290 .................281...............9

Hit a road block? You lost 7 pounds already and that's great!

I agree you are doing wonderfull :confused: OMGosh my daughter stressed me out so bad yesterday my band got relly tight. Thank goodness today it's back to normal. It got so tight yesterday I actually had a little reflux last night! Yikes, teenagers. I tell ya if it's not one thing it's another, you can't make them do anything as far as who there friends are and what choices they make away from home, all you can do is watch and wait biting your nails as you hope and pray they don't make a horrible choice that may ruin their life somehow. I need stock in Calgon.

JulieNYC........................212............... .....203.................185.............18

RidinMyHDDream......... 297.....................290 .................281...............9

Everyone's doing great! Ridin' relax, you're doing well. I didn't lose a thing last week at all.

Lapbandit...166 pounds...you're definitely not doing anything wrong! I can't eat any form of bread, rice or pasta...period. But we're all different. If I was loose enough to be able to eat those things, I wouldn't lose. So, as much as I love those foods, I like losing weight more.