Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Sorry I'm so slow to add my info. Been gone.

Name..........................Starting…...…..Current….…..Goal…....To Go

Juliegeraci.......................238............. .........236.................228..............8

Lapbandit.......................231............... .......220………….199.............21

Waterlily........................300.............. .........281.................264.............17

Roiansmom....................299.................. .....299.................270.............29

Libra..............................248............ ...........241.................228.............13

JulieNYC.......................212................ .......199.................185.............14

Elisabethsew................. 282.......................274..................264 .............10

PeaCeJ..........................338............... ........333..................318.............15

RidinMyHDDream.........297.......................2 90 .................281...............9

Babygirl1234.................260.................. ......251.................240.............11

Leecelove70..................228.................. ......228.................200.............28

Josette...........................351............. ...........347.................335.............12

Juliegeraci.......................238............. .........236.................228..............8

Lapbandit.......................231............... .......220………….199.............21

Waterlily........................300.............. .........281.................264.............17

Roiansmom....................299.................. .....299.................270.............29

Libra..............................248............ ...........239.................228.............11

JulieNYC.......................212................ .......199.................185.............14

Elisabethsew................. 282.......................274..................264 .............10

PeaCeJ..........................338............... ........333..................318.............15

RidinMyHDDream.........297.......................2 90 .................281...............9

Babygirl1234.................260.................. ......251.................240.............11

Leecelove70..................228.................. ......228.................200.............28

Josette...........................351............. ...........347.................335.............12

Wow JulieNYC!! Congrats girl!!! You've moved to onederland! Jeez, it's like sending a child off to college, LOL!! So proud of you and can't wait to follow in your footsteps!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I know the feeling Babygrl, they just don't shed fast enough. I know for me when I start getting a lot of periods close together it is because I am losing fat, yay. The bad news is it also comes with an instantaneous jump on the scale from Fluid retention, yuck! What joy I won't have an accurate scale reading now ofr days :(.

My weight loss seems to be cyclical. I will lose 2 pounds and then nothing for a week or so. I would love to be able to see a loss every day or two the way some people do but that's not the way my body seems to work. In the end, what's important is that the weight comes off and stays off. I'm looking forward to my next fill in a week.

I know the feeling Babygrl, they just don't shed fast enough. I know for me when I start getting a lot of periods close together it is because I am losing fat, yay. The bad news is it also comes with an instantaneous jump on the scale from Fluid retention, yuck! What joy I won't have an accurate scale reading now ofr days :(.

Wait! Wait! Hold the phone!!!! I have a question waterlily....

When you say you have a lot of periods close together and that means you're losing fat....HUH?

I'm asking because for the last two months, I've had my period every two weeks, and I'm on birth control pills! It's driving me (and my husband for that matter. LOL! ) crazy! Is that what it means? I need an education, can you explain this?

Libra..............................248............ ...........239.................228.............11

Babygirl1234.................260.................. ......250................240.............10

eecelove70..................228.................. ......228.................200.............28

Seriously one stinking pound? I just got this thing it should be coming off already lol.

I did get another fill today for a total of 1.5cc. The .75cc he put in two weeks ago was down to about .3cc so that is why my restriction had completely disappeared. Hopefully this will help jump start things. He also said that now that I am up to 3 miles a day he would like to see my stay at that distance but increase my speed.

Wait! Wait! Hold the phone!!!! I have a question waterlily....

When you say you have a lot of periods close together and that means you're losing fat....HUH?

I'm asking because for the last two months, I've had my period every two weeks, and I'm on birth control pills! It's driving me (and my husband for that matter. LOL! ) crazy! Is that what it means? I need an education, can you explain this?

Libra, you need to call your MD. Estrogen is stored in fat cells. While fat cells never die, they do shrink. If is not uncommon after losing a lot of weight for your period to go "off cycle" but when you're on the pill and this happens, it often means that you need a higher dose of birth control pills (most come in 3 strengths). I hope that helps a little.

Yay Julie! You're the band-master! Congratulations!

I hear ya Babygirl...I'm not making much progress either right now. Perhaps we're like bears...just waking up from Winter then we'll drop all of our Winter weight this Spring?! Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Yay Julie! You're the band-master! Congratulations!

I hear ya Babygirl...I'm not making much progress either right now. Perhaps we're like bears...just waking up from Winter then we'll drop all of our Winter weight this Spring?! Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I like that theory!!!! I am just in a tizzy after looking in my Feb07 thread and seeing how well people are doing. Makes me feel not so good. I think my biggest problem (though kind of a good thing) is that I don't swell or bruise very easily so I don't think I had very much swelling after my band was put on. Heck I could eat solid food like a week out. So I really need to get some restriction to take care of my eating. I hope the fill today will help me out because this past week I have been able to eat like a normal person and not a bandster.

Yes hormones are stored in fat cells, when you lose weight the hormones are released. Becaues of my PCOS I never have periods unless the estrogen in my fat cells gets released. So that means, that I am losing fat! And I also agree that this might be happening to you and if you are on the pill and not regular then you may need a different pill or a stronger Rx, you should check with your doctor.

Babygrl, 1 pound is a good thing :)

LapBandit, give your body a chance to catch up you have lost a lot of weight this past 11 months. Your body probably needs to readjust before it starts really shedding again.

I know 1 pound loss is better than a gain, I was just really hoping to be on the lower side of 250. It is going to happen this week though. I got my three miles in this morning, got my fill yesterday and I am ready to go.

Those of you who are farther in than me (pretty much everyone since I seem to be the band-virgin around here) what kind of exercise did you start out doing and what kind are you doing now? Like what type, how often, how long, etc.

THanks for the advice guys. I'm calling my doctor today. He changed my prescription in December to a different brand. Maybe it's just not working for me. It's not fun having my period every two weeks. ICK!

Babygrl. I stated using the treadmill for about 20 minutes at about 2.5 mph. Then, I gradually increased it to 30 minutes and now go about 3.5mph. I'd go more time, but my 3 year old gets restless. Once I started seeing a significant amount of weight loss, I added handweights for my arms and chest. I still haven't started working on my abs, which is not good. I just don't seem to have the time, but I really have to get to it. BTW, don't get discouraged, you're doing great!

I also have PCOS and have always had trouble with periods. Up until a month after I got my band I had never started my period on my own before. I always had to take the pill to get a period. I had one in October, then again in November but in december I started having them twice a month and then would spot a few days... then nothing a few days. It was very all over the place. I finally went in and decided it was time to get back on birth control because I still have over 100 pounds to lose to goal so I got the nuva ring. I put it in and all was fine until I started my period 4 days before I was supposed to take it out. So I removed it early and within a few days I was having the worst period of my life. I bled over tampons and pads together every 2 hours. It lasted two weeks and I went back on the pill and it still didn't completely stop it so after a week on the pill and still bleeding I went to my obgyn and she doubled up my pills for 3 days and said she's not sure what caused it to be that bad. I also got a yeast infection from the heavy bleeding for 2 weeks. She said that was common. I'm just now recovering from it. I'm never using nuva ring again! hahahaha. I'm now taking Yaz birth control pills and I'm much happier. I was on ortho tri cyclin for probably 7 or 8 years. Sorry if this is TMI

Libra, I am glad you are going to your doc, no woman should have to have her period every 2 weeks. I actually don't mind because I spent so many years without one. It's good for me to catch up so to speak, lol. Mine are pretty light so it's just a slight inconvenience.

Excersize hmm what's that? LOL! Ok my back and knee was in pretty bad shape when I started out and I was actually advised by 2 different doctors to not start excersizing till I got close to 100lbs off. Now that I am closing in on -75 I am just starting to walk. I am going to the local HS track in the morning 2 days a week. I just started today and I actually just got home a few minutes ago. My plan is to work into running at around 250 which is -104 for me. So 31 more pounds till I am allowed to run! Wahoo! I used to run long ago and I miss it terribly, not to mention the calories it burns. Sadly I am very out of shape 3/4 of a mile is all I got today, I am hoping for a full mile on Thursday. I only have about 30minutes of track time between dropping son off at school before and dropping daughter off at home after for her to get ready for school. This summer will be awesome because school will be out and I can go to the track anytime! Of course I will very likely be back in school so will have to work around that, but still :)

Libra..............................248............ ...........238.................228.............10

Babygirl1234.................260.................. ......250................240.............10

eecelove70..................228.................. ......228.................200.............28

I spoke to my gynecologist today and he's not changing my prescription. I told him about the band and how much I lost and in what time frame. He feels that my irregular cycle is, in fact, due to the significant weight loss over a relatively short period of time. He feels that once my weight stabilizes, I should be fine. I asked about the "protection" of the pill and he said he doesn't feel that would be an issue either. Soooooo, I'm so glad for all of your advice as this had me a bit nervous.