Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you add COFFEE back to your diet?

I tried it about two months out, and all it did was make me HUNGRY! It had the opposite effect before surgery.

When I tried it again a couple months later, it didn't have that effect so I'm still enjoying my three cups in the morning. :D

I was allowed coffee straight away, as soon as I could get fluids in!

Me too, had it in hospital and continued when I went home.

2 weeks post op, I MISS COFFEE! When did you add it back to your diet?

I too was able to have it right after surgery. It is my one 'vice' in life!

I started one week post op. First I made it very light just to feel how it would go. Now I have my daily strong coffee in the morning with no issues. It is a very small amount, not the large Tim Hortons/Starbuck coffees. Saving money on this too :D

My doctor said coffee 4 weeks out. I had it about 5 weeks out but switched to decaf... I figured I don't need the caffeine so why go back???

Not going to add it back. I found out that I can't drink it without the cream and Splenda. It wasn't the coffee I craved, it was the fat and sweet. Don't want it anymore.

I was having trouble not going number 2. I added a cup (or maybe 2 if I am off) in the morning with my Vitamins and it fixed the problem. I think I added it back in at about month 1.

I am 5 lbs from goal and was sleeved last May :)...............hope that helps!

2 months out I added some Decaf. Now my kurig is feeling the love as I am drinking on average 1 cup per day of regular Breakfast blend

Bionic B, I am wondering if you did not hit on something for me...I have not lost weight in weeks, I follow diet guidelines, calories, Water and exercise BUT I also use Stevia, sf vanilla and Silk Soy Light in my coffee each day. Wonder if that is adding to my stall?

I tried it at two weeks, and it made me sick.

So, I am working with 5 hour energy for now, until I can get the courage to try coffee again!

My Dr said I could add it back at 6 months!!!! But I've had a cup here and there. It just doesn't taste as good as I remember it, which is actually a good thing. I had really bad headaches pre op but I've not had one headache in three months since surgery. So, I think it was the coffe and why go back to that!!!!

Sandy, does the soy milk have sugar in it? If it does, maybe switching to unsweetened almond milk would help. Something else to think about: Caffeine triggers insulin release, and insulin makes us store fat. But, sometimes a stall is just a stall, and not related to anything that we're doing "wrong." :smile1:

I added coffee about 1 1/2 week post op. I started drinking Decaf about 3 years ago, because caffenated coffe gave me heartburn. I have a Cuisinart single cup brewer and I love it. I use a smidge of fat free milk and splenda.

Interesting Bionic Broad, I do not mean to change the topic here but, it is related to drinking coffee. I just made my cup and sat down to the forum. So, I checked the Soy and it is 4grms sugar for 1/4c. Compared to our fat free milk at 14grms. So I think I am going to experiment next week. I have Halfcaf K-cups (used my caffeine free), and shopping was yesterday. We live 1.5 hours from a town with shopping to get kcups, so I am going to see if that helps. Heck maybe drop coffee next week and see if that makes a difference.

Had no idea on the caffeine, if this makes the difference for me I am going to be so darn happy! Thank you!