Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! B)

I am new here, hopefully I am posting correctly. I had the sleeve surgery done on March 1, 2011. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone, can't wait to get to know everyone and chat! I have so many questions, I don't know where to begin! I am going to read up on what I can and learn more about everyone's story before I begin to ask and bore everyone :rolleyes:.

so glad I found this website!!! :D

oh... before surgery I was 237lbs

now I am at 217lbs woohoo!!!

Welcome Sleeve Sister - I was sleeved on March 1st too....... I can't believe you've lost 20lbs already. Wow!!!!! I

I'm enjoying starting on mushies - I've lost my sweet tooth lately and the Protein Drinks were getting to me, but greek yoghurt with some plain Protein Powder mixed in is going down a treat.

Hello,

I have been on this board reading everything for months and now it's my turn to add something!

I had Gastric Plication on Friday, March 11th with Dr. Brad Watkins. I flew across the country on a redeye to make it by 12:30pm for an afternoon surgery and arrived early as planned and wouldn't you know it, I was moved up on the schedule to 10:30am. Dr. Watkins spent some time with me before I went in and answered all my questions before we went in to surgery. Amazing bedside manor and the people in his office and in the surgery center and the anesthsiologist were first rate. I was out 2 minutes after entering the surgical suite and he repaired a large hernia and worked his magic on my stomach. I didn't even have time to get nervous if I was heading in that direction. He made sure that when I woke up any pain was managed immediately and I was very comfortable while at the facility. I truly felt like the only patient in the facility I was so well taken care of. I'm feeling so much better I'm heading back to the office tomorrow AND nothing short of a miracle for me - I've already lost 4 lbs! I can't say enough about Dr Watkins and the care his office shows and I'm looking forward to my weight loss journey with new hope. (50 lbs to go!)

HELLO! CONGRATS! I AM THINKING ABOUT HAVING THE SUGERY DONE BUT MY HUSBAND, MY DAUGHTE, AND MY MOM ARE AGAINIST IT BUT IM GOING AHEAD WITH IT. CAN YOU EAT AFTER SURGERY AND ARE YOU IN ALOT OF PAIN.

Hi everyone! B)

I am new here, hopefully I am posting correctly. I had the sleeve surgery done on March 1, 2011. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone, can't wait to get to know everyone and chat! I have so many questions, I don't know where to begin! I am going to read up on what I can and learn more about everyone's story before I begin to ask and bore everyone :rolleyes:.

The first couple of days you will have some pain but more discomfort. And a for a week you will be on a liquid diet then you move on to mushy food for either 3-4 weeks. I have to do it for 3. Then you move on to regular food. But you have to take baby steps with thr regular food. Protein IS KEY! especially the week after surgery. Good luck!

HELLO! Have you had the surgery yet, I just had my first appointment done on last Thursday. After you go thur all the pre-test how long before test.

How! long were you in the hospital.

The first couple of days you will have some pain but more discomfort. And a for a week you will be on a liquid diet then you move on to mushy food for either 3-4 weeks. I have to do it for 3. Then you move on to regular food. But you have to take baby steps with thr regular food. Protein IS KEY! especially the week after surgery. Good luck!

Hi everyone! B)

Welcome my surgery day is 3/1 also. Look forward to getting to know you.

I stayed one day. If you have complications you'll stay 2. The most discomfort is the first day! I could barely move. But you'll be sleeping a lot during your stay at the hospital and when you go home.

I'm new here, just beginning the journey to get a surgery date - just wanted to say LOVE YOUR AVATAR!! Jasper all the way :)) hehe

Hello I am a newbie, and am glad I found this site. I initially pursued the lap band then I was introduced to the sleeve. My insurance just started approving the sleeve in January so I am excited. THey also required a 12 month nutrician plan all of a sudden, which I also finished in Jaunary. Just got my date today!! YAY! May 10th....can't wait. I was wondering how long before you can return to work? I would also likw to know how the adjustment was going back to work. Planning meals and such.

Welcome Sleeve Sister - I was sleeved on March 1st too....... I can't believe you've lost 20lbs already. Wow!!!!! I

I'm enjoying starting on mushies - I've lost my sweet tooth lately and the Protein drinks were getting to me, but greek yoghurt with some plain Protein powder mixed in is going down a treat.

thanks!!! I use to crave chocolate as if there was never going to be chocolate ever again! Now I can't even stand the smell of it! I have been eating mostly Soups and over cook my noodles and veggies so it can be smooshie. I am going to try that greek yogurt, I am getting sick of those Protein Drinks.. bleh!

HELLO! CONGRATS! I AM THINKING ABOUT HAVING THE SUGERY DONE BUT MY HUSBAND, MY DAUGHTE, AND MY MOM ARE AGAINIST IT BUT IM GOING AHEAD WITH IT. CAN YOU EAT AFTER SURGERY AND ARE YOU IN ALOT OF PAIN.

HI!!!!!

At first my husband was against it but only because he was scared for me, you know you hear some not so good endings. After he seen that I went to my 1st appt then he was supportive. I will tell you what I went through, the day of the surgery after recovery I was NPO (nothing to eat or drink) just cold Water swabs to refresh my mouth, plus I was in no mood of eating or drinking. I was only in pain like right after they woke me up from surgery in the recovery room, I told them and them gave me more meds, I fell asleep woke up 2hrs later and was pain free. I was in the hosp for 3 days, and on a PCA pump, anytime I felt pain I pushed the button to get my meds through my IV. I only had that pump for 2 days, the 3rd day they took the PCA away from me, and still no pain, I was given Norco just incase before I would walk in the hallways. (oh it is very important to walk as much as you can, when you get the surgery they blow you up like a balloon, lol. and well some of the air still stays in you and it needs to come out... so walk and it will help out alot!), the day I got discharged from the hosp was o.k til the night hit, I felt like I needed to burp and pass gas but couldn't! it was so painful (not the surgery itself just the gas), didn't take the Norco because it wasn't pain from surgery. So i called my dr in the middle of the night practically crying, and he suggested prune juice and it worked. The was the only pain I had.

I mean yea you are sore but to me it wasn't painful. But then again everyone is different. Hopefully yours is not as painful. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask :)