Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone who is over their mushy food diet and is on real people food, what food do you eat? Can you have like burgers, hotdogs, wings, pizza or something like it?

I am 8 months out I do eat chicken wings often but it's only 3 or 4 and them i'm done. I try to bake them but have had them out. I've had burgers too but you're talking jr. size or half of a restaurant burger with half the bun. pizza yes i've had that and can't finish a slice depend on where I go to get it I can eat 2/3 to 3/4's of a slice. I normally get the white pizza because ricotta will add Protein.

I have not tried a hot dog but I have had some sausage.

Now to clarify for the first four months the only thing I had from the above list was wings baked, and a turkey burger or two and I really didn't eat much of this food till after 6 months out.

I realized pizza as kind of a problem due to it's high carb count so I haven't had that in over a month, I still enjoy wings but it's 3-5 not 20 or 30 and I'll do the occasional burger but will never eat the whole bun.

Hope this helps

Pinkbabe -

I am almost 8 months out and I can and do eat whatever I want. If I get a craving for something, then I have it. The difference is that now I only eat a small amt of it and not tons and tons of it. I can eat a piece of pizza, half of a hamburger if I eat the bun too. I have had hot dogs, but don't usually have the bun. I have found that bread is not worth the space it takes up in your stomach. Without fail, I do have Breakfast every day - eggs are a great source of Protein and I usually have a scrambled egg with a little bit of salsa on it. Sometimes I will make a one egg omelot with a little cheese and salsa on it (I bought a tiny skillet just for that lol) When I eat, I try to eat Protein first and then if I have room, I will have something else.

I am no angel though hehe - I do have my days when I just eat really crappy, but I don't let it bother me because it isn't anything like I used to eat. I will never be that person again.

It does help a lot. I'm only like 2 weeks out so I wanna see what foods I can possibly eat. What were you able to eat 2-3 months out?

For the first three to four months I followed doctors/nutritionists orders to a T Protein Protein and more protein eggs, turkey, chicken, fish, cottage cheese, Beans, soft cheeses.

Basically all protein for the fist 3-4 months and I lost a lot and felt great.

Then I got bored went into the carbs and the losing slowed down but i'm still far better then I would've been without my sleeve.

It's good to know that later I will be able to eat what I want. Do u eat fried foods? I know it's bad for you but we all need our kick. And how are you with soda?

I have to say that I'm worried about you. First you posted you are having second thoughts about surgery you already had and wish you could gulp your drinks again, and are "freaking out" Now you are wondering whether you will be able to eat burgers, hotdogs, pizza, and wings. I know you are 18 years old (as is my son) and that these questions make a lot of sense in light of that.

The thing you need to remember is that you can gain weight with a sleeve too. This is a tool you have been given- but you need to do the work- especially so early in your sleeve history. For one thing, your sleeve has to heal, and the 60 - 80 grams of Protein help with that. In addition you don't just have weight fall off of you - you do need to think about what you eat, get your Protein, drink your Water. and especially take your Vitamins. If you push to eat the same junk you have always eaten as soon as you can your weight loss will be slow, maybe even stall, and you can indeed gain it back.

I know I always answer your posts in a motherly way but you are only 18 and I think you need to really pay attention to how you handle this healing and your life from now on. I especially worry about the nutritional problems you could run in to if you don't pay a lot of attention to your nutrition, take the Vitamins and make sure you don't head in to malnutrition. The reduced gastric acid due to the smaller stomach mean your vitamins, especially your Iron, are not absorbed as well from your food and you really need to pay attention to keeping up with that. especially so early in your life. You can really suffer if you get malnourished, Vitamin and mineral wise.

Do you have a good support system around you of family who can keep you paying attention to the right choices and to your nutrients? I would really hate to see you have had this serious surgery and end up gaining all the weight you lose back for not having worked through your relationship with food. The same emotions and impulses that got you into obesity will still be here and it is important for you to work through these issues so that you get the weight off and keep it off. I assume you do want that! I want that for you.

I don't want to seem like I am lecturing you- but I do worry. There are some basic things about the surgery you have had that you seem not to know or understand. I hope you have a great doctor and nutritionist too.

I got sleeved on February 1, 2010. Down 40 pounds so far. I can eat pretty much whatever, but it is usually on 2-3 bites. For instance, I was just DYING for some pizza this weekend. I could only eat 3 bites of one slice and I was stuffed! I am a real food addict and it makes it easier when I think "I can eat whatever I want, just a couple bites." Some foods do not sit well, however. My surgeon said that some foods will continue to not agree with me for a long time but...just because something makes me nauseated now, does not mean that in a month I'll have the same reaction.

I eat cheese, Soup, Protein shakes. chicken sits really well, but again....just a few bites at a time. It is definitely a daily struggle to get in all the Protein that is required. Some other things that are easy to digest...Spam, lunch meat, fish sticks. Once you get used to it, it's not that bad. I spend practially nothing on food so that is a major plus. Also, the weight loss makes it totally worth the sacrifice.

Meg you are absolutely right. You have to ask yourself pink why you had this surgery?? This is a tool not a weightloss miracle..I don't want to get on your case. I have been sleeved since Feb 1 and I probably wont eat anything fried anymore period. I really hope you are doing this for your health and not for your vanity. If you eat these foods that you talk about you will regain a lot of your weight back. Sliders put you on a very slippery slope and I reallly don't want you to fall victim of them.. The more slider foods you eat the more you want.. Simple carbs are really reallly terrible for you.

Just because we can; doesn't mean we should.

That's the mantra I lived by through my losing phase. I could have eaten all of those foods, but I chose to really change my relationship with food, and focus on better health.

At over 21 months post-op, I can and do eat all of those things you've listed minus the hot dog. The only reason I don't eat those is because they are nothing but fat and fillers. There's better options to fill up my sleeve and I have no desire to eat hot dogs. I didn't eat them pre-op so they aren't appealing now.

Moderation is the key, and to be successful, you really have to make the best choice on what you put in your mouth. Don't get me wrong, I do eat anything and everything I want, but I do not eat tons of junk food. Many people that kicked ass and took names during their first 1-2 years see a regain when they just stop watching what they eat.

I personally do not know one naturally thin woman that doesn't have to watch what she eats. I surely do not know one single person that could eat like I did pre-op and not gain weight. The sleeve is only as effective as you are willing to make it. I can not sit around eating donuts and hos hos without consequence. I'd gain weight, and that's because of the food choices, not that the sleeve failed.

Smaller portions only lasts so long. I still have good restriction, but it's double to triple the amounts I could consume at 2-3 months out.

I understand where everyone is coming from and I didn't mean it as my diet plan I just meant it as a treat or something. Like if I go out to dinner with my friends or go to a family BBQ. I know I can't do all that everyday. I know I have to take my Vitamins which I have been and they aren't the greatest tasting thing ever. I just wanted to know if those were possible later on. Thanks for all the support.