Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Wisconsin?

One week of full liquid diet is the only requirement before the surgery. I am so excited, all the anticipation is hard.

Shelia - how are you doing on your pre-op diet? Only two more days until your sleeve! Keep us posted!!

Shelia - how are you doing on your pre-op diet? Only two more days until your sleeve! Keep us posted!!

I am doing ok with the liquid diet, it is hardest at night time before bed. I am so scared. I keep wondering if I am doing the right thing. Sheila

I am doing ok with the liquid diet, it is hardest at night time before bed. I am so scared. I keep wondering if I am doing the right thing. Sheila

Hang in there! I've been reading the boards like crazy lately and it seems almost everyone has that scared feeling, wondering if they are doing the right thing, right before surgery. Just think of all the benefits for your health! We're pulling for you and your success! wink.gif

Sheila - how are you doing after surgery?? Hope all is well! rolleyes.gif

I am doing well, down 12 lbs since I started the pre-op diet 2 weeks ago. I am having a hard time getting my Protein in and I only get about 32 oz of fluids in. I was able to walk at the mall tody without difficulty. I am just not interested in eating or drinking at all.

Amps and Sheila - how are you both doing now that you are sleeved?? I hope everything is going well.rolleyes.gif

Apple - your surgery is right around the corner! I wish I was as close as you. Best case, I hope to be sleeved in June.blink.gif

Amps and Sheila - how are you both doing now that you are sleeved?? I hope everything is going well.rolleyes.gif

Apple - your surgery is right around the corner! I wish I was as close as you. Best case, I hope to be sleeved in June.blink.gif

Hi Ravv, I am doing well, not loosing like I thought I would, but it will come in time. Sheila

I'm also in Wisconsin and am planning on having Dr. Georgen do my surgery. I decided on the sleeve along with my GP because the Roux en Y don't allow you to take time release drugs and I take a few of those as part of my pain regimen. Also need to be able to take Ibuprofen which is a nono with the RnY and safe with the sleeve. Dr. Georgen said he only sleeves people with a BMI of 60 or greater. I"m a lowly 49.2. My doctor called him with her concerns and I think we got a go ahead - depending on the insurance clearance.

My GP was adamant about sending me down to Neenah and not to Green Bay for the surgery. She said it was more thorough before and after care. I have no problem with that except I have no car to get myself there and have to rely on finding people to drive me and I don't know a lot of people in Wisconsin. I really feel like I'm imposing.

Carrie

I'm also from Wisconsin. Dr Wasco and Georgeon did my surgery. I couldn't have asked for a better place to go. I thank God everyday that I picked midwest bariatrics.

I am from Wisconsin too. My husband and I are both being sleeved in GB with Dr. Kemmerling. Mine is January and his is February.

My surgery is 1-16 with Dr. K. I start liquids on 1-9. Starting to get my house and stuff ready to minimize temptations when I get home. My husband is being sleeved on 2-6 with Dr K too.

Hello,

I live in Green Bay. Work in Appleton.

April 15th 2010 I was going to self-pay and have surgery with Dr. Kemmerling. The process went very fast for me and I didn't have the full support of my family so I cancelled the surgery.

I will be having the sleeve done by Dr. Georgen with Midwest Bariatric Solutions at Theda Clark Medical Center in Neenah Wisconsin. I now have insurance through United Health Care and they required me to go through a Center of Excellence. Unfortunatly Dr. Kemmerling is not part of a center of excellence. There are only two in Wisconsin, mine and another in Milwaukee.

I am very happy with the path that I have chosen as they require way more education and testing prior to surgery. I had to go through a 6 month supervised diet and psych eval. Those were insurance requirements. Outside of that I had to meet with the centers nutritionist and the centers psych.

I feel totally more prepared then when I was going to do this a year ago with Dr. K.

I will be having surgery on May 24th in Neenah.

I have known a feel people who have had surgery with Dr. Kemmerling (not the sleeve) and unfortunately they have not kept the weight off. I strongly suggest going to your support group meetings and working with a Nutritionist if its not something Dr. K tells you to do. They are very helpful.

Best of luck to you!

If you don't mind me asking. How many sleeves has Dr. Kemmerling performed? Last year he had only done 10 and had one complication. I am assuming it has gotten very popular since then.

I'd love to keep in touch with someone locally having the sleeve. I go to support group meetings for my center once/month and I would say 9 out of 10 people have had they Roux N Y. I have only met one sleever. Of course they have several meetings a month and I only go to the one in Appleton because its close to my work. There could be more sleevers at the other meetings.

Anyway... best of luck to you!

Hope to keep in touch! You can follow my "adventure" on You Tube!

Kara

I'm in Neenah! I'll be having my surgery in Milwaukee at Froedtert, a center for excellence! On November 20.