Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New outlook, new viewpoint

I am a bit over six weeks out and finding some foods I use to eat and enjoy I am have problems digesting or just don't have a taste for any more.

Foods such as oat meal, okra, Water melon, bake chops, just to mention a few. I was advised after sleeve surgery patients would have to learn how eat again.

They are very much correct. food now is an adventure, learning what is healthy and nutritious. Reading labels, going to restaurants and ordering from the child plate or at best splitting an order from the menu. Leaning what to eat, what not eat, how much, how to chew, how slow to eat are just a few new ways of the sleeve patient. A few months ago I knew nothing of Greek yogurt, whey Protein, and blender bottles. Now it’s a way of life for me. What's most important is to be a success, I must adjust my attitude to meet the challenges bariatric sleeve surgery and how food affects my new stomach.

A new point of view and a mind-set toward life and food have made this man 40 pounds smaller with 30 more to go. And that’s great for myself and loves ones.

Comments please!

Lash

Sometimes the anestheic in our bodies causes some foods to taste different. Do not ask me how that works but the last major surgery (before the sleeve) a couple of years ago. Certain food tasted different and it took upwards of a year before the correct flavour came back to me. I am having a similar situation with certain liquids right now and when I move onto mushies and then full food I will see what else is different. I am hopeful that my taste will adjust back to normal like it did the last time. Hope this helps.

Things will get back to normal eventually. I eat pretty much anything I want. I know how much I can eat and I make adjustments but I do eat

anything I want to eat every day.

I am a bit over six weeks out and finding some foods I use to eat and enjoy I am have problems digesting or just don't have a taste for any more.

Congrats, you are doing great!!!!! It is a whole new way of life. I love reading labels now and my husband is even doing it. He has started collecting the 'Eat This, Not That' books. They're a lot of fun to read!!

The only suggestion I have for you is this....be careful ordering a childs plate, sadly, they are some times horrible choices I have one place where I can order the childs burger, and it's great, just a 2 oz patty, I can add cheese if I want to and can even get fruit or veggie....but many places, rather than smaller portions have different choices. This is one thing we learned at one of the support group meetings. Just an FYI i thought I'd share!

Foods such as oat meal, okra, Water melon, bake chops, just to mention a few. I was advised after sleeve surgery patients would have to learn how eat again.

They are very much correct. food now is an adventure, learning what is healthy and nutritious. Reading labels, going to restaurants and ordering from the child plate or at best splitting an order from the menu. Leaning what to eat, what not eat, how much, how to chew, how slow to eat are just a few new ways of the sleeve patient. A few months ago I knew nothing of Greek yogurt, whey Protein, and blender bottles. Now it’s a way of life for me. What's most important is to be a success, I must adjust my attitude to meet the challenges bariatric sleeve surgery and how food affects my new stomach.

A new point of view and a mind-set toward life and food have made this man 40 pounds smaller with 30 more to go. And that’s great for myself and loves ones.

Comments please!

Lash