Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 26 and I definitely look younger after losing weight. I never had a moon face, but even so, the weightloss made quite a difference in my face. People used to assume I was in my late 20s-early 30s, now they think I'm in my early 20s. I forgot who it was - Catherine Deneuve, I think - who said "At a certain age, you have to choose between your ass and your face." I do think it's true to an extent, but I think that becomes more of a concern after menopause where your skin loses a lot of elasticity.

Well, to answer truthfully-yes, I have Lots more wrinkles! My face has sort of " fallen" in on itself! Lol. BUT others say, "you look so much younger!". I am 57 years old so knew I would have this but 97 lbs gone, no drugs, no sleep apnea, size 8. I'll take it any day! And yes, fillers here I come! Ha!

EVERY person I have seen have lost weight look YEARS younger. Go on obesity help and look on those before/after pictures on the home page. Weight adds age to you.

im worried about looking old too! Everyone says i look younger than my 33 years, so when the weight starts falling off, my natural fillers (fat) will be gone :o

But, i think i can live with a few wrinkles, rather than layers of fat. And as others have said, im not afraid to use the botox!! :lol:

I think the consensus here is that losing weight makes you look younger. I haven't really seen any photos that makes anyone look older, it's always *years* younger. I think having wrinkles is a natural part of life though too. I have to say that like Tiff I'm very vain, and if I think I need some work done in any way you better believe I'm getting it done.

It's true too, I sure like myself a lot better thinner than bigger!! I'll never go back!!

this is an interesting thread... I don't want to look old... I don't want to be fat... what a decision!

I think of it this way... this time last year, my body looked awful... it felt like that of an 80 yr old; stiff, immoblie, unfit and on the verge of many health issues...

this year, ok so I have a few more lines on my face... but my body is much nearer its 'earth' age; stronger, healthy and functioning better!!

I do like this thread because I have always thought the same thing. I see people who have lost large amounts of weight and to me they do look older. When I talk to people about it, they don't see it the same way I do and say people always look younger. I am 47 and have lost 95 pounds. I like the way I look in the mirror, but I do have more wrinkles and i have no doubt I look older. I don't think I look older than I am, I just look my age.

On the other hand, when I talk to other people about it they say, "you don't look older." Even my husband says that and he is usually honest with me, but who else is honestly going to say ,"I think you look older."

Right now I am trying to decide whether to lose another 15 pounds and have a few more wrinkles and look a little older, or stay where I am.

So here's what I'm worried about. I know that when you are fat, it fills out wrinkles I'm scared that when I lose weight that I will start to look old and get wrinkles! I've looked through some people's before and after pics on here and I've noticed that alot of people look older when they get skinny. I'm probably being superficial and silly but has anyone else besides me worred about this?

Well my surgeon says give it a yr before any plastic surgery. You don't say how old you are? I will say my skin has tightened up amazing, and my daughter lost 126 lbs and is 18 months out, she is 28 yrs old and doesent have wrinkles. I'm 53 and have a few but they give me character. You're health will be so much better and the quality of lifw will change for the better.

I hate to say it, but this is one of my biggest fears. I worry so much that my nasolabial folds will deepen and i'll have wrinkles that stand out more. I'll be 31 on Wednesday and I haven't even gotten used to being 30 yet! I really enjoy having a youthful face and it freaks me out to think that people will stop carding me. I just keep telling myself that I'd rather be thinner than look younger, but truthfully I want both. Oh well, I guess that's the way it goes!

I look at it like this: I'm 41 years old but trapped in a body that feels 91. When I lose weight I'll have a fit (inside at least!) body and I'll have years and years to think about doing something about my wrinkles or not...my choice. A young death takes away those choices...I choose life, wrinkles and all! ;)

Renee`

So here's what I'm worried about. I know that when you are fat, it fills out wrinkles I'm scared that when I lose weight that I will start to look old and get wrinkles! I've looked through some people's before and after pics on here and I've noticed that alot of people look older when they get skinny. I'm probably being superficial and silly but has anyone else besides me worred about this?

I'm sorry, your question is valid but you made me really laugh. . . honey you'll look as old as you want to look. . . I'm 50 years old and people say that i look about 32 years old and they nearly die when i tell them i'm 50. . . but i'm pretty lucky I have good genetics on my side too. . .so that helps. . . but if your going to cause extra wrinkles worrying about getting wrinkled, well i'm sorry. . . enjoy life, don't worry so much and take it one day at a time. . . look at your grandparents (I know they all look wrinkled :lol: ) but seriously, look at them and your mom, how did they look at your age? Where they fat then or slim? Maybe genetics will be kind to you too. . . good luck!

Yesterday while looking in the mirror I began to see what appeared to be a "neck waddle" that little bit of loose wrinkled skin that

dangles below the chin along the throat. I freaked. Grabbed the most moisturizing cream I could find and starting massaging in

an upward direction.

I have been blessed with excellent aging genes. Both of my parents, who died in their 80s, didn't look their ages. My Dad and I were much to fair skinned to go near the sun. As a result, my mother, who had a ruddier complex avoided the sun too. Compared to her not that muc older sisters who had beach cabanas every summer....you could hide my mother in her sisters' wrinkles!

I also favor my Dad in that I have a baby face -- not just because it is a full fat face -- even thinner it is still a round baby face that tends to

shave about 7 - 10 years off. Plus I don't have any wrinkles -- where I age is just the deepening nasal/labial lines (parentheses) around

the mouth. I attribute my youthful appearance to never have had children. Of course that wasn't the reason why I didn't have children

but when I compare my facial signs of aging to those of friends my same age with kids -- my face has very few if no lines.

I am 56 years old and most people insist on seeing my driver's license to prove it. I also know that my skin isn't all that elastic at this

age so I too fear my face with deflate like a stretched out balloon. I guess if it really bothers me (I'm talking sagging eye lids, and a neck

waddle) I will find a competent plastic surgeon to subtlely fix those areas.

I have been walking around in a great big fat body that for the most part renders me invisible. Sadly for woman after 50, we become even more invisible whether fat or slim. No one is going to give a rats ass about my aging face. Of course I'm doing all of this for me -- so if I don't like what I see I can try and fix it.

I hate to say it, but this is one of my biggest fears. I worry so much that my nasolabial folds will deepen and i'll have wrinkles that stand out more. I'll be 31 on Wednesday and I haven't even gotten used to being 30 yet! I really enjoy having a youthful face and it freaks me out to think that people will stop carding me. I just keep telling myself that I'd rather be thinner than look younger, but truthfully I want both. Oh well, I guess that's the way it goes!

I'm 34, and still get carded even with my deepened lines, and wrinkles, oh and the lovely crow's feet that have increased in appearance over the last 2 years post-op.

I'm often told I look 10 years younger than I did pre-op.

Truly, we are our own worse critics. My husband is 29(just turned 29 actually), and I'll be 35 in December. Many people think we are "his' age, and not mine. People are shocked that I have a 13 year old son, and am expecting my 2nd in November.

Believe me, as soon as Sprout makes his/her arrival, I will be having botox/juvederm/collagen to fill in my face wrinkles.

People now think I'm younger than my 42 years, even though I can tell that my face is "older" than when I was fat, a bit more wrinkles and the lines from my nose to mouth as someone just mentioned are much deeper. But guess what, I'll have the saggier face over my fatter, full moon face any day!

LOL! I'm 22 and everytone thinks im 16-18... So if i start to look older... I might actually look my age ;) but all of the before and after pictures i've seen they look older when they were BIGGER and years YOUNGER after losing all the weight. Hopefully i dont look any younger... ;) lol. I'd rather look older and to be big anyway.