Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

johnson & Johnson or Inamed band

does anyone have the johnson and johnson band?

i hear it is a better band and that erosion and slippage occurs LESS with that band over inamed. any feedback?

I have not heard anyhting like that but I do know that Inamed is the only FDA approved band..If that helps..

I thought Johnson and Johnson made the Inamed band.... Im not sure, I know my brother works for Ethicon (johnson and johnson co.) and He said they are making all the tools to install the lap band there and another ethicon is making the Inamed band.. Maybe it is a diffrenet brand and he didnt know.

I have the Johnson and Johnson band, nothing was said to me that it was better than the others....the Dr. simply said to me that he would be choosing from 3 different depending on the size of my stomach and everything around it.

I understand that other bands come in different sizes....my patient report does not indicate what size I had installed....I looked it up on the internet and there is no indication that it even comes in different sizes.

Carol

do you live in the US? did you get it in the US? have you had problems getting fills with it? dr. c. says that he has seen the band and it basically looks like the inamed band and that the port looks the same. so it should be the same to fill it. the johnson and johnson band can hold more saline. and is more flexible (which is why it can hold more saline) i have heard that there is less slippage and erosion with the johnson and johnson band.

I had mine installed in Toronto Canada. I'm only 12 days post op so I can't answer most of your other questions. I had an appt with my GP yesterday who will have to do my first fill until I visit the Clinic again (I live over 2 hours away). He had no problem finding my port and said that most ports are very similar in composition and size. Apparently there are many other health related situations that depend on the aid of a tool that requires a port......Dr. said that they are all pretty universal in composition to help keep the procedure of using a port consistent.

Carol

hmm. you are 3 hours from me. i am in rochester, ny! how do you feel otherwise? lost anything? trouble with the liquid diet? did you get a fill at the time of band placement?

From what I understand, no one gets a fill at time of placement because of swelling, we must heal first. I think the average wait for the first fill is approx 5 weeks. I feel just fine, a little tenderness around the port area but thats it.

So far the Post-op diet has not bothered me at all, I guess the swelling from the procedure is still causing restriction because I don't really desire food at all, I'm forcing myself to take whatever is recommended but can't handle too much of it,

So far I'm average .8 of pound a day, that will reduce when I start to eat mushies and solids, I will be very pleased to maintain a 1 - 3 loss / week after that.

Carol