Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Americans - help a stupid tourist!

Dear Americans

Will you help me?

I am from the small country of Denmark in Europe.

California and the Oscars will receive me on tuesday :-)

(already hiding from the paparazzi's)

In Denmark I drink proteindrinks from the pharmacy - I will take some with me to the States.

But what can I buy in the states when I get there?

I am staying at a hotel without a fridge and kitchen.

1) Can you help me with any good Protein sources that I can buy in the Supermarket? Brands?

2) From take away places? Pharmacies?

3) I remember some members in here have mentioned a clear Protein Drink from USA. Where can I buy this?

Any help is much appreciated.

A few words will help me a lot.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Filosophia Scandinavia

post-7486-13813656291839_thumb.jpg

well if there is a GNC close by or you can ask if there is one in the area. They will hook you up with anything Protein you need.. I know if there is a Walmart close by you can get the Julian Michaels protein. I think the best bet for you is goint to Gnc they are very plentyful around the Us.

well if there is a GNC close by or you can ask if there is one in the area. They will hook you up with anything Protein you need.. I know if there is a Walmart close by you can get the Julian Michaels Protein. I think the best bet for you is goint to GNC they are very plentyful around the Us.

Thank you so much! What is GNC - tried to find it at the net. Somekind og Fitness/Gym/Health store?

Wonderful

And walmart - Julian Michaels protein. Thanks!

Safeway supermarkets carry Protein drinks in the refrigerated section with the health juices like carrot, wheatgrass, etc. (not the section with orange and grapefruit). I found a soy and whey drink that didn't taste bad with 40 gm of Protein. If you can eat solids, there are lots of places to buy protein bars--Target, Raley's Supermarket, even some gas stations. Have a great time in LA!

Oh, and GNC stands for General Nutrition Center. They are stores that cater to bodybuilders and people who want to supplement their diets with various additives. They are often found in shopping malls but there are some standalone stores. They have lots of protein (dry, liquid, soy, egg, whey) to choose from.

Thank you so much, Foxbins!

Safeway - refrigerated section - get it, that would be perfect. Will be looking for the health section.

40 grams in one drink would be more than perfect - do you remember the name of the drink?

I am so glad that some supermarkets might have it. In Denmark no Supermarket would carry "crazy" things like Wheatgrass or Proteindrinks.

I am going to sleeve-heaven ;-)

I am not sure, If I can eat proteinbars 2 ½ months after the operation. Anyone? Maybe I should give it a try - just small bites, a little at a time.

Thanks for the GNC explanation - great response - I feel much more safe now that I know, that I can get my Proteins in.

I simply love this site

Safeway supermarkets carry Protein drinks in the refrigerated section with the health juices like carrot, wheatgrass, etc. (not the section with orange and grapefruit). I found a soy and whey drink that didn't taste bad with 40 gm of Protein. If you can eat solids, there are lots of places to buy protein bars--Target, Raley's Supermarket, even some gas stations. Have a great time in LA!

Oh, and GNC stands for General Nutrition Center. They are stores that cater to bodybuilders and people who want to supplement their diets with various additives. They are often found in shopping malls but there are some standalone stores. They have lots of protein (dry, liquid, soy, egg, whey) to choose from.

In California, GNCs are located inside Rite Aid stores, that are all over the place. They have ready to drink and powder you can add to milk or Water. You can even get milk at RiteAid stores. Also you might look up Vitamin shoppe. They also have many choices and can be found in many malls.

Have fun at the Oscars!

Put your hotel address here and find out the closest location.

http://www.riteaid.com/stores/locator/

The brand name was Odwalla and it was vanilla-flavored. The label clearly said 40 gms of Protein.< /p>

The brand name was Odwalla and it was vanilla-flavored. The label clearly said 40 gms of Protein.

Safeway Supermarket carries Odwalla in their produce department, but I don't know about the Protein selections.

You can get Odwalla at Target and even Walmart. It is 40g for that entire bottle though!

Filosophia, THERE you are!! I can't add anything new to your answers, but I've been wondering about you, where you'd disappeared to and how you've been doing. So.... how have you been doing? :)

THANK YOU ALL FOR GREAT ANSWERS!

This really helps me a lot :-)

Feedyoureye: Great advice, I just found out, that there is a Rite Aid with a GNC nearby. Perfect!. And a Rite Aid (without) just beside the hotel - so I can get the milk.

And a Vitamin Shoppe - a street away. I didnt know their names. Super.

You Americans are well-organized with maps and everything.

I will have a lot of Academy fun - will not get inside

Deb: It was Isopure - exactly! Thanks. I have heard people talk about it. 0 carbs - fantastic. The proteindrinks in Denmark and Europe is loaded with sugar. A lot of Gastric Bypassers get dumping from them. Why cant we have something like Isopure here?

I just found the product in GNC-online store. Perfect. "Natures best"

And thanks - I will have fun - and visiting Vegas afterwards.

Foxbins: Thanks! Odwalla - 40 grams - that is great info. Now I have some brands to look for! Found it on the internet, so now I know what it looks like "Super protein" is the name.

DJACKSON: Great to know! Target, Walmart. 40 grams in an entire bottle, that is OK - well depends on how big a bottle is. It seems like the Isopure is 40 grams in a small bottle. That would be easier to get down. But now I know, that I can get some in the normal supermarkets as well. Great.

Stacy!: Thanks for welcoming me! :-) I am so glad, that soemone remember me. I could log on my account, tried to ask Alex and others. But now I have made myself a new account - and hope that I can stay here. Thanks! I have been doing OK.

After the operation I was tired and fatigued. Maybe I had a minor depression.I think it was due to lack of nutrition => tired brain neurons. And that my boyfriend was unfaithful to me - long story. Now he has moved, and I am more and more positive everyday :-)

Started to doing som fitness, bulding up muscles. YAY! Too much information?

Hope it is OK to be personal - I know it is.

How are you - will add you

HUGS from Copenhagen to you all - and THANK YOU so much. This really helped.

Don't worry about the fridge, in the US almost all hotels have some sort of ice dispensing machine. Try to find a bottle with a big opening, where you can pour in Protein powder, Water and top it off with ice to shake it.

The "ready to drink" stuff may look like a better alternative, but in most cases warm Protein Drink are awful and you are better off with a mix shaken on ice.

I do like GNC too, and they are very generous if you buy something you don't like. You can just bring it back - even opened and used (moderately used of course), no problem at all. I like the GNC Wheybolic Extreme chocolate - chocolate has almost no aftertaste and a serving has 280 calories and 60g of Protein (I usually have half a serving for breakfast). I mix it with Water.< /p>

Don't forget, in the US you can pretty much tell the waiter what you like and what you don't like - I am from Germany (but living in the US for 11 years now) and most waiters in Germany would slap me over the head if I would tell them "No butter, no croutons, dressing on the side, no almond slivers on the salad and no mayo on the bun" etc. I imagine Denmark is similar :-)

And I don't think anything on here is ever TMI :-)

Have a great trip!

WARNING!

Super Protein Vanilla Al'mondo Protein Soymilk Protein Drink has 40g of protein....and 760 calories

One bottle is 4 servings!

yikes! must be for gaining weight!