Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am March 15th and yes doing the pre-op diet as well which is low carb for my docor and consists of 3 Protein Shakes and three very small meals (like yogurt and fruit at lunch). I have already been for my pre-op and all my counseling and education and seen my primary care physician. I only have left to get my labs drawn and pre-register at the hospital. I have a very early start for my surgery as I am the first pt so I have to arrive at 530 in the morning. I am excited, nervous, anxious, hungry, overwhelmed...yeah that pretty much covers it. It's nice to know that there are several other sleevers on here that will be going in right around the same time as me. Keep up with your posts for the support you need! Good luck everyone!

Well its preop day one!

First Protein shake: powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury strawberry sorbet + Crystal Lite Pink Lemonade + 16oz Water + ice = Yummy!

I expected it to be awful but its not!

Seems like we have a lot in common - first and foremost March 15 surgery date! PCOS and military too! Preop diet started yesterday - not too bad so far. Nice to have others doing the same thing.

Day one done!

Some of it was rough but over all it went much better than I thought it would.

After the strawberry sorbet I had an unjury chocolate with skim milk. Then a CVS whey Protein vanilla with skim milk. Finally I had the Unjury chicken Soup and wow... it was awesome! So much better than I could have hoped for.

I was supposed to have 5 shakes but I have a sick little one so the timing of the day was all off and ended up just having four.

I struggled a bit with some hunger but once I had a shake I was fine. I though make meals for my two girls would be rough but it wasn't really. In the hard moments I just kept thinking about how short a few weeks are and how great this change is for me etc.

It seems like the harder part of the preop is to come (day 3-6?) but I'm working on staying positive and I'm still really excited about all that is happening.

I have PCOS also- i am worried that after surgery I won't loose anything- I mean I know it is crazy- but when I even went thru a period of starving myself I only lost 5 lbs in 3-4 months-but also didn't feel good and didn't take all the Vitamins. I guess just my head getting the best of me.

You will lose weight with the surgery.

The harder question is will your PCOS be cured? The consensus I have gotten is NO - this surgery will not cure PCOS or put into some kind of remission (like it can with Diabetes.)

However.... knowing what we now know about PCOS it this surgery can definitely help with PCOS management especially when PCOS symptoms/side effects are worse the more you weigh.

I wasn't diagnosed with PCOS until I was 32 (even though I was a walking poster child for it.)

For normal people white bread/pasta/rice isn't great for them and they should eat whole grain options. For me white bread/pasta/rice were double whammies and while whole grain is better but even that must be considered a controlled substance! I was already morbidly obese when I learned about PCOS, insulin resistance and all the other facets of metabolic syndrome. Learning about PCOS has made a profound impact on my life and especially on how I eat... but its not enough to lose my excessive weight. Enter VSG.

Living witih PCOS is like living with a sleeve. Do right by the sleeve and stay healthy. You know you have PCOS - make sure you live by the rules of the insulin resistance diet (which thankfully are completely sleeve compliant.)

I have PCOS too. And it was actually an internist at Vanderbilt Hospital that told me she has PCOS patients that eat like birds and work out seven days a week and can only lose 20% of their weight. She said that is the maximum you can lose with PCOS without surgery. When she first mentioned surgery I cried. I has taken 3 years for me to decide to do it but now March 15 is just around the corner. One of the reasons I am getting the sleeve is the doc said the lap band wouldn't work as well with me. I'm much happier getting the sleeve. But I know how you feel - I too am worried that I won't lose anything. Keep the faith - everyone in my docs practice (and he has done 3,000 weight loss surgeries) has lost weight if they stuck to the program. And if we keep each other on track that can help!

[

Cindy I cant believe I found you on here!! :) I had sent you a message on your youtube after watching your vides. Its me Shay! How are you!! I am soo excited to hear that you are getting your surgery!! I am two days behind you, March 18th!! We will be going through the whole healing process together. You MUST keep me up-to-date with your progress and journey! Im so happy to see a familiar face. :) I would copy and past this into a PM but it wont let me. But heres my email: lovestarr@gmail.com It would be great to have some who I can relate to during this time! TWO WEEKS>>>EEK!!! I AM EXCITED!!! I am happy for you girl after your long journey, I am glad that we will be on the pre-op side together real soon!

Hi there, I am March 16th also... Its going to be a GREAT day!! I am so glad to have some people who are going through the same thing, and even on the same day. My pre-op diet starts Monday and it is low (no) carb for 2 weeks. I can only consume 20 grams of carbs a day and that is NOT a lot at all. I am told that my carbs are supposed to come from veggies that have trace amounts of carbs.

My doctor is not a fan of shakes for Protein (although he agrees that they are important for post op liquid phases). Anyway, I am hoping that I can stick to this low carb thing!

I am so happy I have Sleeve sisters!

-C

Its day five of preop diet and its going really well. No real hunger but I am missing chewing/crunching... and I'm missing have a bunch of flavors.

I did have a tiny tiny bite of plain old chicken tonight... I didn't want to eat it as much as I wanted to taste it.

Went for preop (surgery date March 15) and found out I have an ear infection so on antibiotics and asthma is bad so xray and steroids. REALLY do not want to have to postpone surgery again - especially after being on the preop diet - but lost 10 pounds in one week! I love this group and good luck to those this week - I haven't mentioned my doctor is Trace Curry in Cincinnati.

Day 7 and still doing good. Lost 12ish pounds though not sure TMO figures into that.

How is everyone else doing?