Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys I started birth control two weeks ago....I gained three lbs and have been on a stall...has this happened to anyone? If so, does it go away?

Yes I quit taking them at 2 weeks and 4 pounds later. The stall lasted almost a month after I stpped them

So...did u try anything else? I just don't want to get pregnant!!!

I think you will always have issues if you take a hormonal based birth control.... I will let you know asap I have been on othro-tri cyclen lo for the last 3 mths. I am going rogue til next Jan before I again meet with my RE.

By going rogue I mean we are not trying not preventing.... so no birth control

I use bc pills for hormone replacements, so no I don't use anything else as my tubes are tied. You should discuss other options with your doc, like maybe the nuva ring or other less weight causing bc.

Yikes, I just started the NUVARING a week ago and I'm going to take it out today and throw it in the trash. My appetite went from small to ravenous in less than 2 days. Suddenly I could eat more than twice as much and felt like I was going to die if I didn't eat a lot and often. Luckily I'm below goal, so I could afford it but not in the long run. There is no way I could eat that much and not GAIN GAIN GAIN. Oh and did I forget to mention that I went from having a nice sex drive to not being interested all w/in the course of a week? So out goes the nuvaring ($25 copay) and I will rely on something else.

I haven't had to worry about BC for years. For most of the last 20 years I've been either single, in a lesbian relationship, trying to get pregnant or with a man who had had a vascectomy. Now at 48, I'm having to find BC. Not that I'm complaining, I'm in a new relationship with this great guy and I'm happy I need BC. We don't get to see one another as much as I'd like as we are both single parents with full time jobs, so perhaps hormonal BC was overkill anyway. So maybe it'll be the sponge, a diaphragm (do they still have them?) or just condoms.

I have an IUD and simply love it! No periods, no cramping, no weight gain, no side effects!!! And, I'm safe for 5 years! I would highly recommend you talking to your doctor about one! It's awesome!!!!!:P

I'm right there with Stacy! I've had a IUD in for the past year and a half and I can't be happier, I rarely have a period and when I do its barely anything! I have absolutely no cramping, no weight gain (unlike when I use to take birth control pills) and I've had no side effects.

I even got my tubes tied when I got my sleeve done at the end of December and I had my gyno leave the IUD in so I don't have to worry about a period. I love and I mean LOVE my IUD!!!! :D

I've had trouble getting a practitioner to insert an IUD. I think it's because of my age (I won't need bBC for 10 more years). First I went to the NP and she didn't want to insert it because I wasn't menstruating also she would only insert the mirena and I was looking for a the non-hormonal paragard. So I made an appointment at PP and specifically asked if I needed to be menstruating. I'm told no,make an appointment, wait in their waiting room for 2 hors, pay a $30 copay, only to be told that she wants me to either take cytotec and come back or come back when I'm on my period. Argh. So I let myself be talked into the nuvaring but it didn't agree with me (see earlier post). And the copay for that was $25, so I paid $55 for no viable BC! Truly, I think I'm going to wing it. At my age there is less that a 1% chance of me getting pregnant and an even lower chance of me having a viable pregnancy. Maybe I should leave it in God's hands. Doubt I'll do that but I am frustrated

Thanks for listening ladies.

Just did my research. Chance of natural conception at my age <1%. Chance of miscarriage for a woman my age is approaching 95%. Lower chance of a viable pregnacy when male partner is over 40 (he's my age). Maybe I can go with nothing. Wow.